Smooth or crunchy?

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:21 pm
In our hippie days, we went down to the co-op and bought about a pound of peanuts, shelled them and put them, about a fist full at a time into a blender with just a little peanut oil (Mebbe about a tablespoon). Whir until pretty smooth, then add some more peanuts. Repeat. Several many fistfuls. Yeah, I remember having to scrape the sides of the jar to get the stuff all blended nicely.

A couple of years later, we got our first food processor...yea!.. the job's done in half the time.
And oil's not really needed.

PS: on another note: I need to mention that I am not allowed to have Triscuits in my home, mostly because, if I bring a box home, about an hour later, I have an empty box. Yeah, me and Triscuits. I should go to meetings.
Joe(Hi, I'm Joe.{Hi, Joe!} and I am a Triscuitinic.)Nation
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:23 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

4. Add copious amounts of either broccoli sprouts or soy sprouts to center. If
sprouts are not available, a slice or

Are they the same as alfalfa sprouts?

Quote:

two of Granny Smith apple is acceptable. If neither are available, eh, live with a regular ole PBJ.

This is more then acceptable!! I should make this a new habit!
jespah

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Broccoli sprouts are similar to alfalfa sprouts. A bit more bitter. I likes me sweet stuff cut a bit, with either bitter or sour (hence the green apple).
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:26 pm
@sozobe,
Krema is the whip, Boss, the bomb . . .
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:32 pm
@jespah,
Then perhaps I should try alfalfa sprouts instead. I hate all things bitter. Mad
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:34 pm
@Setanta,

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/6/6d/Nutella.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Gotta be nutella instead of PB! Very Happy
George

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:36 pm
@Izzie,
Nutella.
It was inevitable.
Izzie

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:39 pm
@George,
It was Razz

<waves to George>
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

http://bonnemamanpreserves.com/i/large/bonne-maman-strawberry-preserves.jpg
and
http://bonnemamanpreserves.com/i/large/bonne-maman-cherry-preserves.jpg

The two greatest accompaniments to go along with peanut butter.

Yes! None of that HF corn syrup junk and after a few jars you've got a nice set of glasses Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:18 pm
@Izzie,
Nutella . . . yuk . . . the squirrel can have my share . . .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:24 pm
You are all stark raving mad !!! Vegemite is the answer !!! Redeem yourselves now before it is too late !! Blessed are the vegemite eaters for they shall ingest the toast !!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:34 pm
Brilliant existential question.

Crunchy, of course, for so many reasons.

And what is better than a crunchy PB&J sandwich, A PB&J SANDWICH ON TOAST!

Liquify the crunchy PB so that it chemically melds with the J and you reach gastronomic paradise.

Next logical and profound questions (forgive me if they have already been asked)

1) What flavor jelly/jam?
2) Jelly or Jam?

Jam almost always over Jelly

Strawberry is a travesty.

Grape is the best but not to be sneezed at:

Blackberry
Currant - red or black
Plum
Apple
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:38 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
Discuss.

smooth or crunchy

find four integers which when squared add to 83

the answer is crunchy

smooth almost always goes further but cant take the biscuit on this one

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:41 pm
I never liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid. Didn't try one until I was nine or ten and thought, oh, noooooooo (pass the baloney). I've probably eaten only a baby sized jar of pb in my whole life, but if I had to, I'd want it crunchy.

On the other hand, I've now been looking up szechuan noodles with pb (thanks, JoeN) and I think I'll try that - and try it again with tahini instead. I like szechuan food, but never did have the cold noodles..

Also - back in north north, when I had an infestation of mice (little cuties, but I don't like mouse **** in my house) I used pb in the mouse zapper. Very effective.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 08:10 pm
Peanut butter (smooth) and honey, at times with sliced banana, on 7-grain bread. That is comfort food and I eat that when I'm alone, even if I know nobody should eat that much sugar.

As a kid in TX we ate peanut butter & syrup sandwiches. Raising kids in northern states, my kids wanted peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for lunch, then it was fluffernutter sandwiches. I couldn't eat peanut butter the whole time I was raising them. Now, they're grown so I'm back to peanut butter & honey. Smooth, always.

Living in Alabama, those people ate smooth peanut butter, banana and mayonaise sandwiches, even with lettuce. Odd, but good.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 08:20 pm
@George,
In an emergency, I've used nutella instead of pb in a banana sammich.

Even though I love those tiny bananas with their ends dipped in choco when they're served at parties, nutella and banana just IS NOT pbj. NOT.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 08:21 pm
crunchy, except on pancakes with maple syrup (the real stuff only), then I want smooth.

My teenager kids have taken to this organic low salt low sugar PB....YUK! I add honey to that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 08:22 pm
@Joe Nation,
Triscuit.

<sigh>

garlic-parm triangle triscuit

I have to keep them in the car. If I bring 'em into the house <whoosh> they'll get vacuumed up.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:38 pm
I feel so ashamed! Tonight is the first night I have voted DOWN a comment. I feel so dirty. I am sorry JPB. Jif... oh my.. oh my... please forgive me!

As for vegimite. I tried it. I died. They brought paddles out and shocked me back to life.... so over powering and I spread it sooo uber thin! I have video of my squad leader eating a spoonful of it. She only did it so we would stop harassing her. (in the sweetest, we love you, way possible). She couldn't keep it down.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:56 pm
I had been eating my peanut butter with Ritz, and then I discovered the word 'hydrogenated' in the list of ingredients. Triscuit is great. I too eat too many. What ya gonna
edgar(do?)blythe
0 Replies