HELP NEEDED WITH CELL PHONE

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:21 am
I just got a new SAMSUNG Galaxy 7 and dropped it. It hit on the top right corner and little crack in the glass occurred. Its teeny but its there. I was wondering whether, rather than going back to buy another phone, could I put a dot of SUPER GLUE on the crack area ? I dont think the crack will propagate further like on on a windshield but I must go get a phone jacket, the one I bought when I got this phone is too bulky so I took it off. DUM DUM DUM DUM!!!!.
anyboy had a similar occurrence?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,234 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:27 am
@farmerman,
Don't have experience with this, but isn't it still under warranty if you just got it?
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:33 am
@jespah,
yeh but its never "unconditionally warrantied unless I buy INsurance(I think)..
When I say "just" got-it, I meant that Its my replacement phone for the Galaxy 7 "BLOW IT UP REAL-GOOD " phone I bought last summer. Ive had it since December
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 02:45 am
@farmerman,
well, I dripped a little drop of super glue on the ding and then bought an OTTER BOX with a sacrificial glass cover. Now the phone isnt too sleek but its got a big condom
roger

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 02:49 am
@farmerman,
Sounds good. I'm thinking of discarding a sloppy case and spotting the phone with hot melt glue for shock protection and to keep it from slipping out of my pocket. I'm pretty sure the heat won't affect the innards if I don't concentrate on any one area.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 04:20 am
I would be very careful about applying stuff to a cracked LCD (or even an undamaged one). The screen is a sandwich of thin layers and liquids and chemical vapours (e.g. from superglue!) can get in between them. The classic thing that quite a lot of people have done is to clean an LCD TV screen with a product like Windex. If even a little gets in at the edge it can travel quite a long way by capillary action. Many phone advice forums suggest merely sticking a protector over the cracked screen. Basically a cracked screen should be replaced.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 10:58 am
http://a.co/gxD1h26

Galaxy S7 Screen Protector Glass (Full Screen Coverage), amFilm Bye-Bye-Bubble Samsung Galaxy S7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector [NOT S7 Edge] Screen Protector 2016

Should keep your screen safe.
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 01:21 pm
@McGentrix,
I broke down and got this Otter Box because, by some dumass means when Im on a boat, I will dump it overboard nd the OtterBox, although big , its got a nice, almost "inflated" rubber frame into which the shtter proof glass fits. It hides the teeny ding and the drop of super glue seems to match the index of refraction of the littl fracture planes. So,with the otterbox on, it looks unharmed.(oh yeh, mine is an EDGE)
Thanks anyway. Ive been told that corner ding on a mart phone is quite common. SO why the hell havent the design teams taken that into consideration??
0 Replies