PDA Net - who has it? droid internet tethering

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:19 am
I havent been able to test it out yet but it allows you to tether currently for free.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,713 • Replies: 10
No top replies

droid him

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:25 pm
@Droid Motorola,
i have it works great even while driving on the road. Need a desktop client though.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 06:57 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Thats interesting since i had a sprint card while driving and it was unbearable.
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:00 pm
@Droid Motorola,
i just tried to do it but for some unknown reason i cant get my less than a year old laptop that runs vista to access the internet but i can send and receive mail and ive only used it a handful of times i hope its not a virus causing it
joerlaw

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 03:09 pm
@cmacv,
I have it and it works fine on my vista machine and verizon.
cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 03:29 pm
@joerlaw,
no i couldn't get my laptop to connect to the internet had nothing to do with the pda net but i did a system restore and nothing so i undid the system restore and that some how fixed it and i had 32 updates waiting for me and i updated to ie8 and added firefox just in case it was an issue with internet explorer. but its running fine now so gonna try and install it now
cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 04:17 pm
@cmacv,
k that worked awsome and was fast as heck, but a couple questions
1. do i need to turn debugging off on my phone when done?
2. will verizon charge me for tethering?
3. is my phone charging while the data cable is hooked to the laptop the battery icon wasnt charging but it was hooked to a usb jack or because it was sending data to the laptop it wont charge at the same time?
4. if it isn't charging at the same time is there a way to use blutooth for the signal so i can keep it charged, i have a triple cigarette outlet with a usb in the car so it i have plenty of plugs
5. whats the diff between the free version and the 29.99 version and is that a onetime charge
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 08:05 pm
@Droid Motorola,
1. No
2. Who knows?
3. It should be charging mine does
4. Yes you can use bluetooth to tether just have to select it in PDA net...need to have a bluetooth adapter on your computer
5. Free only does http not https...secure connections. Some banking and gov sites use https.
The Chief

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 08:24 pm
@droid him,
I just downloaded it. Hope it works...

UPDATE: Works like a dream! I am a little worried about the settings and who is seeing my information, but it DOES work!
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:44 am
@The Chief,
Same here. Sounds too cool.
The Chief

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 06:54 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
There is an upgrade for PDAnet on the market. It resolves some FC issues and other things. Make sure you go to their website and download the 2.17 version to your laptop/PC as well.

PDAnet saved my proverbial @55 last week when I was in the woods at my Dad's house. I surfed away on Verizon's network and it worked like a dream. A highly recommended program.
0 Replies