• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,496 • Replies: 16
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 01:26 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I got Flashlight and Weather Channel. Both FREE! Very Happy Any ideas on how to move them to the desktop instead of the pull-up menu?
BatmanX

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 01:44 pm
@The Chief,
long press on desktop then a menu will pop up youll get it. i got twc where picsay ak47 and sportstap so far and all were free. love the phone
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 01:24 am
@BatmanX,
Thanks Batman (and Chief for asking).

Having a bunch of downtime today, I DLed a bunch. Scoretap (or suttin) Sky Map, Compass, Flashlight, a few soundboards, Pandora, a few firearm apps, ShopSavvy, HiAim, Weather Channel, and by tomorrow probably 50 more. So far, all free ones.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 08:54 am
@The Chief,
The_Chief;369 wrote:
I got Flashlight and Weather Channel. Both FREE! Very Happy Any ideas on how to move them to the desktop instead of the pull-up menu?

Just press on one of the home screens than a popup will display with a couple of options shortcuts,apps,bookmarks.
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 03:24 pm
@Droid Motorola,
open the pull up menu the hold the app icon. it will then allow you to move it wherever you want. i accidentally deleted the google bar by dragging it to the menu. unfortunately, once i held the google bar, the menu turned to a trash can. im not sure if i want it back because i can just hit the search button and add more apps to a top 4th row.
So far i have a flaslite, puzzle game skymap, barcode scanner, FML, droidtracker, cardio trainer, handy cards, my coupons, scoreboard, pandora, The Office sounds, voice recorder, irish slang terms, and sticky memo (which i have yet to figure out how to work). All free!
0 Replies

BatmanX

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 02:11 pm
@Droid Motorola,
i think the android market is pretty good itunes has more but they are all the same like 8,000 fart apps. if you get a chance check out where it has weather gas prices movie showtimes and search in it works fast too. where is the app name fyi
0 Replies

JStomberger

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 02:11 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Heard a lot about Sherpa, but curious as to whether anyone else has struggled downloading the application. They send you a link via your gmail email, but the link (at least for me) is faulty. Anyone have any luck with (or have heard much about) Sherpa - just want to get a sense as to whether it is worth all the effort to get it on the Droid.
The Chief

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 07:15 pm
@JStomberger,
TasKiller ROCKS! It is a free task manager that allows you to see every live function on the phone and kill off the ones you don't need running to save battery life.

It works like a charm, does what it needs to do and is a welcome addition to my desktop. Hope it will work well for you, too!
Hammerofthegods

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 08:36 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;645 wrote:
TasKiller ROCKS! It is a free task manager that allows you to see every live function on the phone and kill off the ones you don't need running to save battery life.

It works like a charm, does what it needs to do and is a welcome addition to my desktop. Hope it will work well for you, too!

Verizon installed this one for me. Works like a charm and makes sure I don't leave any apps open to wear down a battery.
Hammerofthegods

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:03 pm
@Hammerofthegods,
I am now hooked on Shazam. Can't figure a song out??

Droid does!!!
The Chief

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:14 pm
@Hammerofthegods,
The only thing I can think of to make Shazam better is if it could link to lyrics. That would rock out loud!

How do you post comments for apps? I could suggest that...
nolig

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:55 pm
@The Chief,
I bought Documents to go. Normally $30, on sale for $15 till 11/16. Well worth the price... Taskiller is also great.
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 11:16 am
@Droid Motorola,
i music would be great if it didn't force close ALL THE TIME. i got 2 songs off it before it stopped working. uninstall/reinstall does not seem to have fixed it.

DroidTracker is great: if you lose your phone, you can use another phone and text your secret message to get a reply back of where your phone is located!

Does anyone know if BluffMyCall is illegal?

CardioTrainer is awesome.

I downloaded Dolphon Broweser. Pretty cool, tabbed browsing, and more.

Pandora & Last.fm radios.

Not enough good games yet.
saintlewi

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:45 pm
@cp22gear,
cp22gear;968 wrote:
i music would be great if it didn't force close ALL THE TIME. i got 2 songs off it before it stopped working. uninstall/reinstall does not seem to have fixed it.

DroidTracker is great: if you lose your phone, you can use another phone and text your secret message to get a reply back of where your phone is located!

Does anyone know if BluffMyCall is illegal?

CardioTrainer is awesome.

I downloaded Dolphon Broweser. Pretty cool, tabbed browsing, and more.

Pandora & Last.fm radios.

Not enough good games yet.

droidtracker sounds awesome. what a time we live in.

whats bluffmycall? asking if its illegal makes it all the more intriguing Wink
The Chief

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:07 pm
@saintlewi,
Google Sky Map. It's just plain COOL. Point it in the sky and the Droid tells you what's there. For example, we can all see Jupiter in the evening sky (it's the brightest thing out there), but little did I know that Neptune and Uranus are close by. Sky Map does... and points them out!
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 12:40 am
@saintlewi,
saintlewi;984 wrote:
droidtracker sounds awesome. what a time we live in.

whats bluffmycall? asking if its illegal makes it all the more intriguing Wink

If I'm not mistaken, it's an app similar to Spoofapp, in which you can crank call people and record the conversation. It'll disguise your # (you can type in a # to appear on the person your calling's phone) and your voice (like male or female).
0 Replies