The official ex-iphone user thread!

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 09:08 am
Yes im one of them. The safari browser was a must have for me since im always on the web checking things our or looking things up.

I had it for about a year and the cost totally was not worth it. I had to switch off my wifes family plan so i was on a standalone plan. I was paying close to 85.00 a month with only 200 text and 450 minutes.

Rollover minutes didnt do me any good since i was calling my wife and racking up minutes.

I dont use to many apps on the iphone other than the google ones since im a google fanatic. Apple recently rejected the google voice app which is a clear indication of what to come for the apple/google partnership.

Anyhow i was ready to move to verizon and didnt like any of their phones and was going to go with a standard flip phone till i saw the sneap peak news for the motorola droid. Did some more research on it so now im hooked.

I got really bored of the iphone. For one everyone had one for all the wrong reasons. Its basically a ipod with phone capabilities. I really disliked the home screen and though it was kinda to simple. Im more of a fan of widgets myself. The 3g/edge networked really sucked and i got dropped calls on a daily basis. I also got alot of calls where both sides couldnt hear a thing.

I personally myself would rather have a mini computer than a phone which android os sorts of simulates.

Yes i was once a iphone user!! :eek:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,133 • Replies: 8
No top replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 10:13 am
@Droid Motorola,
I never Bought into the iPhone, or any Apple product for that matter. Kind of glad i held out, plus i did not want to swtich carriers. I have been a Loyal Verizon subscriber, even though they have angered me at times with there policies, i have stuck with them.
0 Replies

chase

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:46 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I am not a "Pro Apple" or an "Against PC" kind of guy, but I would have purchased an iPhone to do the things I want do do. Running simultaneous apps, checking email, and zooming through Google, all at once..ITS GREAT!! I am really glad I stuck with Droid though. The only thing iPhone has on Droid is the number of apps. Which will change in time.

Tell me, do you think Droid will do better than iPhone in time?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 03:20 am
@chase,
Probably not the Droid itself, but Android will. There's going to be an awful lot of options. Even AT&T is getting in on Android.
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:35 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I had an iphone and i HATE apple but i couldnt deny the quality of the device. I am a firm believer in not paying the apple tax. I am also tired of the fanboys when you dont like something about the phone and the only way to develop for it was on a mac really! It was a great device a lot better than my win mo, but you will alway have those people that buy anything apple sells.

Only thing i miss about my iphone is my GymGoal app. Fitness apps on droid suck other than that im android all the way and have even started learning to develop.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 06:39 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I would have gone to iphone had att not been (well, IS) the weakest carrier. If it had come to verizon, I would have. I loved my dare and up until droid, there was nothing worth trading that in for. But I'm sold now. Even if the iphone comes over, I won't drop my droid for it (and not just because I couldn't afford it!). I tthink android is going to be huge and the market is going to balance between iphone and android real soon.
isimon

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 09:14 pm
@saintlewi,
saintlewi;1347 wrote:
I would have gone to iphone had att not been (well, IS) the weakest carrier. If it had come to verizon, I would have. I loved my dare and up until droid, there was nothing worth trading that in for. But I'm sold now. Even if the iphone comes over, I won't drop my droid for it (and not just because I couldn't afford it!). I tthink android is going to be huge and the market is going to balance between iphone and android real soon.

Balance? Some analysts predict that within the next couple of years, the android market will kill the iphone.
The Chief

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 09:44 pm
@isimon,
The iPhone seems like a Game Boy, a cool toy but very "retro". It's SO last year! Android is the up-and-coming thing, and I believe it will overtake the iPhone market within 18 months. Any bets?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 01:23 pm
@The Chief,
I would think that the iPhone will strike back. Verizon used to strangle hold it's app store until Google showed them the light. Now, Android is snowballing, Apple will have to answer, especially since AT&T is about to get in on the Android wagon. They'll put out a new and improved iPhone that'll be open sourced, and the fanboys will be all over it. This will be a battle that'll go on for more than a few years, and w/ all the healthy competition, the winner should be us.

This is my optimistic hypothesis.
0 Replies