Droid vs.iPhone (the ABA weighs in)

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:32 am
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/droid_v._iphone

The American Bar Association recently put the two head to head. Keep in mind that they're looking at it from a lawyer's perspective, so their needs are somewhat specialized.

They don't come down too heavily in favor of either device.

So I put the question to you, my Droid-loving friends: how would you make the case for getting a Droid over an iPhone to the ABA?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,342 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:27 am
That's easy; at the weighing the Droid will win as it weighs about the same as a Sherman tank.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:31 am
Sorry, I thought the 'ABA' was the Amateur Boxing Association; right?
The Chief

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:56 am
They were wrong to suggest that the Droid can't surf and talk at the same time. It can. And I find the hefty weight reassuring in my hand. I don't want a toy, I want a powerhouse and DROID IS IT! Very Happy
cmacv

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 09:39 am
@Tryagain,
Being 2oz heavier than the Iphone, yes the Droid isn't aimed at women. They make plenty of Android smartphones that would fit "your" needs, and fit right in your purse tryagain. Remember Motorola built this, the same people that build radios for the Police, and Fire dept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83UQkiuNZQ
cmacv

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:18 am
"The Motorola DROID is built like a tank,as its outer shell radiates a feeling of solid construction that should withstand most of the wear and tear it'll be put through. In addition, its metallic construction adds some weight to the DROID, but of course it’s something expected with such high-quality materials. We definitely enjoy the feeling of the soft matte coating on the rear, how it hugs onto the metallic materials, and that it compliments it well when placed in the hand. Even though its slim looks may fool your eyes in guessing its weight (5.96 oz), it won't be as noticeable when you close it up and throw it in your pocket. Motorola meticulously went through every portion of this handset to make sure they came out with something that would separate its design from the existing crop".

"Build wise its metal body feels extremely solid in the hand; as if it could take a tumble down a flight of stairs and keep on ticking".

"So one question remains: Is this the DROID that you’ve been looking for? Unequivocally, YES! Unless of course you’re a Mac user. Apple sync software issues aside (as in there is none in existence), the DROID is a stellar phone, with a solid build, fantastic touchscreen and an awesome OS".

" touted as an industrial robot meant to do work " “DROID DOES” was the campaign slogan. Its build quality is rock solid and the form factor leaves no room for cuteness".

0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:09 am
Howdy Chief, paleface comes in peace. You are right; if your people had had Droids instead of tomahawks I think the damage caused could have changed the outcome of the Indian wars.

Remember, I don't get paid by A2K to cause outrage, it was just that Jes got up so early and no one had replied so I thought I was good for some brownie points!

Hey Mac, are you related to Donald; like take a chill pill dude! I knew a chef down Florida way who had a Droid and he weren't rooting to get into my purse; no soirée, he was looking to clock my roms!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c1BrADSzW8

Y'all comeback now; this thread has hit the A>K Hall of Fame Chart at...
# Ding-bong

The inhabitants of Droidaponga use a series of sounds made from a strange device to represent numbers:

'Ding' when the keyboard cranks out, 'Eek' when trying to type on the thing, and 'Bong' when attempting to connect the Droid to the internet!

These very special base-5 numerals are then strings made from 3 sounds each corresponding to an additive numerical value.

Looking at the number list below, we can guess with the help of some logic that 'eek' is actually a 'function' that indicates subtraction and that every 'ding' equals 5, and every 'bong', 7.

1. ding-ding-ding-eek-bong-bong
2. bong-eek-ding
3. ding-ding-eek-bong
4. bong-bong-eek-ding-ding
5. ding
6. ding-ding-ding-ding-eek-bong-bong
7. bong
8. ding-ding-ding-eek-bong
9. bong-bong-eek-ding
10. ding-ding

It goes without saying that the most observant Droid Defenders will have noticed... From number 24 on, all numbers are only combinations of dings and/or bongs.
cmacv

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:32 am
@Tryagain,
11. bong-bong-bong-eek-ding-ding
12. ding-bong
13. ding-ding-ding-ding-eek-bong
14. bong-bong
15. ding-ding-ding
16. bong-bong-bong-eek-ding
17. ding-ding-bong
18. bong-bong-bong-bong-eek-ding-ding
19. ding-bong-bong
20. ding-ding-ding-ding
21. bong-bong-bong
22. ding-ding-ding-bong
23. ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-eek-bong
24. d-d-b-b
25. d-d-d-d-d
26. d-b-b-b
27. d-d-d-d-b
28. b-b-b-b
29. d-d-d-b-b
30. d-d-d-d-d-d...

your right they do!
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:50 am
@Tryagain,
"Hey Mac, are you related to Donald; like take a chill pill dude! I knew a chef down Florida way who had a Droid and he weren't rooting to get into my purse; no soirée, he was looking to clock my roms!" ???

I don't get the reference, it's prolly funny if I got it though!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 02:51 pm
Hi Mac, I saw you were in the middle of your CV (CmacV); CV standing for Curriculum Vitae.

(CV) provides an overview of a person's life and qualifications. The CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment.

On the regular threads I haunt there is this great guy who if he is passing, helps out by interpreting whatever the hell I'm going on about. Unfortunately these days he seems fully occupied trying to figure out which way round to wear a baseball hat; so I guess I had better give you a quick guided tour...

The only person I know who has a Droid is a 'Chef' in MacDonald's. [he weren't rooting (He was not digging round) to get into my purse; no soirée (French for a party or gathering held in the evening)(a play on no siree) , he was looking to clock my roms! (My roommate (rom) at the time had the firmest rack you ever did see, you could stand a bottle of beer on them and the 'chef' could not take his eyes off them. ] So he would keep bringing stuff over -no charge- just to admire the peaches!

Now don't get me wrong, I have never had sex with a cell phone, but when the Chief said 'IT DOES' I was thinking I could mount its SD!

Having said all that; I would just like to place on record that I never said, ' I'm gonna die a virgin.'

What I said is, "I'm dying to meet a virgin and the wait is killing me".

I'm not even sure there are any left. The only ones I have met say, 'that will cost you 20 bucks, wait right here I'll be back...And they never find their way back!

If only they had a Droid they could use the built in Sat Nav!
jespah

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:14 pm
@Tryagain,
Oh my, what have I unleashed?
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 08:25 am
RYA, I guess it's just me, but I just don't get it. When your not copying and pasting your post, you write complete and utter nonsense. But because I can't decipher your genius, I'll just ignore your posts from now on.
Tryagain

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:16 am
@cmacv,
cmacv wrote:

... But because I can't decipher your genius, I'll just ignore your posts from now on.

Ok buster you've asked for it! All y'all arrive here uninvited with all your knowledge, pleasant manners and most helpful disposition! Dang son; what if we all went round being friendly and nice? Why it most probably would destroy this site faster than the capture of Fort Sumter.

Now, just let me say that I have been called many things in my time (most of them true); but never a genius; so unless you want a whole heap of trouble; you take that back or else....

Wait!!! OMG it's you; isn't it?

You work at that place (and it was not MacDonald's, not that I get 10 bucks every time I mention MacDonald's, otherwise I would have to mention MacDonald's four times to make $40 so I could fill up the gas tank, so I guess I will have to make do with three quarters full) in Jacksonville that serves the best steaks money can buy.

Well I'll be darn; what a small world. In that case I have some good news for you...

Damn!!! You have me on ignore...No matter, I'll ask Nikki to pass on the message and I'll call on over someday and buy you a beer.

I'm a cyber troll and I'm okay,
I troll all night and flame all day.....Yummy; flame grilled steaks!
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 09:13 am
@cmacv,
Quote:
Re: Tryagain (Post 3943142)
Being 2oz heavier than the Iphone, yes the Droid isn't aimed at women. They make plenty of Android smartphones that would fit "your" needs, and fit right in your purse tryagain. Remember Motorola built this, the same people that build radios for the Police, and Fire dept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83UQkiuNZQ

As a firefighter, I can attest to that. My Droid is roughly the same size as my VHF radio (not including the antenna) and maybe half the weight. But I like my Droid soooo much better.

OK, so after double checking, my VHF radio is a Vertex Standard, but all our 800 radios are Motorola. They're a lot bigger, lol.
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 09:14 am
Oh, and a reason to promote the Droid over the iPhone? iPhones support Communism.

;-)
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 10:43 am
@Tryagain,
I'll call on over someday and buy you a beer.

That's a fine gesture I'll have to forgo, for state law dictates that the consumption of alcohol is not tolerated when carrying a firearm.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8375/droidgun.jpg
By null at 2010-04-12
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 09:11 am
Until further notice, no one can tell me they have a better phone than my rooted Droid. Firstly, I'm on Verizon, so I'm gonna have better coverage, period. Secondly, customization is a beautiful thing. I've got live, interactive wallpapers limited only by the imagination. I can theme it as I see fit. Then, I have the processor OCed to 1.2GHz, so it's faster than even the N1. I have wifi which I hardly ever use due to almost always having great 3G coverage. The only thing iPhone users can say is they have the larger App Store. But the majority of apps are the exact same as what we have on the Android Market. So again, I'll reitterate, I'll have the best phone for quite some time, at the very least until the EVO 4G comes out.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 09:13 am
@The Chief,
The Chief wrote:
They were wrong to suggest that the Droid can't surf and talk at the same time. It can. And I find the hefty weight reassuring in my hand. I don't want a toy, I want a powerhouse and DROID IS IT! Very Happy
Sounds good to me.

David
0 Replies