Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 02:56 am
In the words of Homer J. Simpson, modified by Rock Bottom: Sweet sweet sw-sw-sw-sweeeet-et-sweet

Man, that Steve Jobs is lucky; iPhone currently accounts for over 40% of Apple's revenue, and they're about release iPhone 4. Aw man, it's so sweet. Video conferencing in the palm of your hands, HD recording and screen, and sleeker sexier model. No I don't work for Apple. I can't wait to get my iPhone 3GS upgraded to the iOS4, in order to take advantage of multitasking. Anyone interested in iPhone 4, or iOS4?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 8,189 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:02 am
@Victor Eremita,
Yeah im in the same boat, i remember having discussions about this back in the early 90s, which seemed then to be such a far off idea it was pretty much a pipe dream. I'm glad to see that it's actually here.
0 Replies

Victor Eremita

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:06 am
Discussions about a theoretical magical phone which acts like a mobile phone, portable gaming, camcorder, tape recorder, and mini-computer all in one>?
William

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:18 am
@Victor Eremita,
Victor Eremita wrote:

In the words of Homer J. Simpson, modified by Rock Bottom: Sweet sweet sw-sw-sw-sweeeet-et-sweet

Man, that Steve Jobs is lucky; iPhone currently accounts for over 40% of Apple's revenue, and they're about release iPhone 4. Aw man, it's so sweet. Video conferencing in the palm of your hands, HD recording and screen, and sleeker sexier model. No I don't work for Apple. I can't wait to get my iPhone 3GS upgraded to the iOS4, in order to take advantage of multitasking. Anyone interested in iPhone 4, or iOS4?

Hello Victor. Yes it is amazing what information in your hand will allow. Yesterday I was commuting on Dart in Dallas and notice what I thought was a bit unusual. I for one have always been fascinated by that which surrounds me and have always loved to observe all that was in that environment. Very few of my fellow commuters where even looking up as they were kind of obsessed in looking down at their hand held contraptions!? I thought "what is wrong with this picture"? There was little conversation among them either.

If the adage is true "If you don't use it, you will lose it" considering all of what we seem to think is important is in that little contraption, do you thing we will lose our ability to observe and speak in the real world? It seems we don't even talk anymore to each other and all our time is transfixed on those contraptions, television, computers, and hand helds. Will we lose our sense of "other people" and our ability to communicate with each other.

I actually interrupted a few and believe it or not that actually looked relieved, ha! "Did someone actually speak to me" HELLLLLLLO! Ha!

William
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:38 am
@Victor Eremita,
for the most part yeah, i can remember the discussion although i don't think we thought it would have come as soon as it has. back then the internet was still without graphics and consisted mainly of message boards. but we drew parallels with other things, such as video games came on watches so why would it be so odd as to have them on a portable device. As far as it being a phone the mobiles were bulky and costly but like all things we knew that in time the cost would come down and the size would probably shrink. its strange to talk about this in reverse though, because my impression of it still remains that it seemed more like a wishful thought and far from anything realistic, but here we are and here it is.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:51 am
@Victor Eremita,
The new iPhone looks nice to me. But I just don't need a new phone bad enough yet to spend the extra bucks switching over. Besides, the longer I can wait, the newer model I can get when I switch Smile
Victor Eremita

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:01 pm
@rosborne979,
lol yea, I'm still on a contract so it'll probably be iPhone 5 I'll be getting
0 Replies

buster hymen

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 04:46 pm
Yea the new iPhone looks great! It makes a great phone for kids!

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/06/12/phone-fight.html

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news5855.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+coolsmartphone/huIR+(Coolsmartphone+News)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
0 Replies