Will verizon make changes on data plans?

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:39 pm
Ive been a long time customer of verizon as well as once a temporary sales employee for them.

Do you think they will come out with new something that forces you on some sorta new data plan like att did with the ever so popular iphone?

Android with google maps would get rid of the need for telenav through verizon. Verizon wants to make every single dollar they can so how will they compromise in related situations?

Im definately on the droid hype but will we get bit in the ass with some hidden fees or escalated charges? :eek:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,068 • Replies: 7
No top replies

rtech

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 06:38 am
@Droid Motorola,
I'd hope they would give up a little revenue from VZNavigator for some customer loyalty. ATT did the same thing - navigation costs extra unless you have an iPhone. I hope that is the case.
kikkoman7347

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 08:21 am
@rtech,
I am already a Verizon bundle (Fios, Cells, Cable, etc.) kinda guy. :cool:

If they were to initiate an escalated fee plan, I would seriously be put off on purchase. :mad:

Verizon, please don't. I have been looking forward to the Droid. Don't spoil the experience and force me to seek alternatives for all of my access. Sad
BucYouUp68

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 09:26 am
@kikkoman7347,
If they force more charges, I will end my account with Verizon. I pay enough as it is.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 03:18 am
@BucYouUp68,
I have the premium plan where I'm already paying $15 extra a month. I have no issue w/ that, nor do I have an issue adding another $15 for a smartphone. Anything above that, and yes, I will have an issue.
celticmedicineman

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:48 am
@YankeeDudeL,
I have no problem with $100 a month...but thats my top.
0 Replies

teddyearp

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 06:57 pm
@Droid Motorola,
webmaster;5 wrote:
Ive been a long time customer of verizon as well as once a temporary sales employee for them.

Do you think they will come out with new something that forces you on some sorta new data plan like att did with the ever so popular iphone?

Android with google maps would get rid of the need for telenav through verizon. Verizon wants to make every single dollar they can so how will they compromise in related situations?

Im definately on the droid hype but will we get bit in the ass with some hidden fees or escalated charges? :eek:

I hope I'm following this right. VZW has recently unlocked the GPS capabilities of several of their smartphones running WinMo so that one can use GoggleMaps, Bing, or even amAze (which is almost just like VZNav).

And from what I've read and hear, the only thing you'll have to pay for is the $29.99 smartphone plan, so if you've already been using a regular VZW smartphone you won't notice the difference.

I, personally, will have to pay $15 more, because of the way the data plan has been working for my current phone, lol.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:53 am
@Droid Motorola,
29.99 is pretty standard for data and not to bad. We get a discount through our company so it makes our service alot more affordable.
0 Replies