Fox News Poll on Tea Baggers

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 03:53 pm
I thought the tea-baggers were dropping that name after finding out (finally) what it was slang for.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:34 pm
@littlek,
I smoke a pint of tea a day.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:45 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I thought the tea-baggers were dropping that name after finding out (finally) what it was slang for.

You're giving them too much credit. Wink
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:49 pm
@littlek,
Quote:

that would be a mistake, they dont need to come off as prudes.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

that would be a mistake, they dont need to come off as prudes.

You're so right. They need to keep their indefinite butt of all jokes position securely in this world of branded politics. Wouldn't want to actually find a moniker that coveys any bit of self-respect or any kind of euphemism that might portray them in a positive light, now would we?
djjd62

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
well it does beat their original name, the redneck dipshits who date their siblings party
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
@djjd62,
And yet here they are, currently in the middle of a grass roots organized effort to take over the republican party at the precinct level.....

Being underestimated and the butt of jokes is the perfect place to be right now, they have no interest in correcting your ignorance. Being off the radar (until just weeks before the election) of the political elites is what won them Ted Kennedy's seat. They won AFTER Obama went up and begged for votes. he and his hand picked democratic party leaders having been asleep until it was too late to salvage the situation.
Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:43 pm
Those remarks suggest that these are somehow people who represent a new factor. In fact, they are simply people who voted for McCain/Palin, lost, and started peeing in the little panties as a result. I for one, would be delighted to think these dim bulbs would take over the Republican party. They wouldn't be adding any votes, and, in fact, might well drive more reasonable people away from the party.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:53 pm
@Setanta,
Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the current public opinion towards the Washington political elites, and the corporate elite whom many believe Washington works for. If faced with a choice between an "expert" and a Joe Schmo who is seen is not yet corrupted by the system you seem to assume that the "expert" would win.

This is by no means a sure thing
Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:00 pm
In "assuming" that, you are just demonstrating the facility with which you make an ass of yourself. I haven't commented on which candidates i would prefer, or what "type" of candidate i would prefer to see. I do know that these clowns do not even remotely represent the majority political opinion in this country. All we see here is a squeaky wheel, screaming to be greased. The volume of sound and the hysteria are no measure of real political power.

I would hope these fools would take over the Republican Party, and that they would then nominate Palin.
chai2

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:14 pm
@shewolfnm,

oh my god.

that has got to be the funniest thing I have seen in my life.
Laughing
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:15 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
All we see here is a squeaky wheel, screaming to be greased. The volume of sound and the hysteria are no measure of real political power.

Exhibit A that you are wrong:
All of the seasoned Washington pros putting their finger to the wind and then deciding not to face the voters this time around.... retiring.

Case closed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:07 pm
No, there is no "case closed" here, for whatever arrogant claims you care to make. As is usual with you, you are long on contention, and short on any solid evidence. Without plausible evidence, there is no reason to believe your silly pronouncements.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the current public opinion towards the Washington political elites, and the corporate elite whom many believe Washington works for. If faced with a choice between an "expert" and a Joe Schmo who is seen is not yet corrupted by the system you seem to assume that the "expert" would win.

This is by no means a sure thing

Yeah because we all know how Jesse Ventura successfully governed Minnesota, right?

This new kneejerkish antiWashingtonian populism isn't new to the Douche Bagger movement.
djjd62

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
there's nothing else to do but mock them, you certainly can't fear them

they'll rally the troops to their change like the last group did to their version of change

i'm willing to bet that the populace will be as disillusioned as they are now

you guys might see some real candidates and real ideas and possible real change in 2016
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:47 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

What is it slang for?

Apart from terrible taste in tea, and a bunch of loonies?
djjd62

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:48 pm
@dlowan,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:49 pm
@dlowan,
that's what wiki is for, wabbit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging

(just cuz you asked) Embarrassed
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:49 pm
@dlowan,
Bunny ... um ... go to this link at your own discretion:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teabagging

Sorry in advance. Sad
parados

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:

Yeah because we all know how Jesse Ventura successfully governed Minnesota, right?

Jesse isn't looking so bad compared to the current MN governor.
0 Replies