WHAT THE BLOODY HELL

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 07:21 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
However, it is but a part of a larger and overall far better picture. He doesn't hold grudges, though other folks regarded as much more even tempered do frequently. He has wide ranging interests and is interesting himself ... more than many frankly('tho I wish he would apologize occasionally). In short I think the ****/worth ration here is quite favorable, and I think that is a very good way to look at the issue. Others, however, might regard it as unfair.

Jebus, George, you seem hell-bent on making me be more reasonable. Yes, I know Setanta is not all bad. I even actually think he's a genuinely nice guy at heart (behind that warm and bubbly exterior) which only adds to the frustration. The real assholes are easier to just ignore and not care about.

May I say for the record that I love Setanta very much.

My love would not be harmed by his being less like a piece of hair-trigger ordnance, however.

And I sympathise greatly with one being attacked rather fecklessly for site problems over which nobody has control.

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 07:43 pm
You know who is REALLY annoyed with the A2K server issues?

The Haitians.
K
O
Letty

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 07:46 pm
Well, as dj says, "All of the good ones are taken", but Setanta is a fundy wicker.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 07:55 pm
@dlowan,
Yeah, but you don't love me !
ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 07:58 pm
@Letty,
Ok, letty, tell me what that means.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 07:59 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Jebus, George, you seem hell-bent on making me be more reasonable. Yes, I know Setanta is not all bad. I even actually think he's a genuinely nice guy at heart (behind that warm and bubbly exterior) which only adds to the frustration. The real assholes are easier to just ignore and not care about.
Well, I'll buy that, and.... reasonable is good.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 08:03 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

my valentine to a kinda Irish guy

I can't believe you missed it Cool . It was like almost a declaration of love.

Well ............. almost. Truly I had somehow missed it, but I'll take what I can get.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 08:08 pm
@georgeob1,
It's about as mushy as a German-Canajun gal gets.

I don't have the Irish heat.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 08:18 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Yeah, but you don't love me !

Well, I don't NOT love you.
oolongteasup

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 08:25 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
The real assholes are easier to just ignore and not care about

i wondered why you hadnt called

what an outage

and congratulations to all on the a2k site
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 10:53 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Well, I don't NOT love you.

Hmmmm ...... spoken like a woman ! However, here too, I'll take what I can get.

I've reached the stage in life where my wife loves me in spite of my faults (which she recites frequently), and my ball-busting daughters have started calling me daddy again. However, I'm a star with the six year old granddaughters - I dazzle them.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 10:32 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

You are kidding, right?

I find him constantly insulting others as if they had vacuumed brains. A newbie facing this might just faint. This is surely not a welcome to the site. I admit I am one of many so assaulted. It has never occurred to me that he might not hold a grudge. It's the club mentality, as if this site didn't relate to the larger world of people making inquiries. Why would someone ask something to be battered?

I'll also admit to not being pure.

Twice Set has taken me to the woodshed, and both times - I deserved it. I consider them to be learning experiences.

O'ccom Bill has done the same thing a few times, and once again I deserved it.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 10:59 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
. . . I sympathise greatly with one being attacked rather fecklessly for site problems over which nobody has control.

In the first place, there was no personal attack involved here--i am hardly responsible for Craven peeing in his little panties whenever someone complains about the service in his pet greasy spoon.

Second . . . "feckless?" What the hell faith do i owe to Craven or this site? Please . . . let's restrict ourselves to realities.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 11:04 am
@Setanta,
One of the key differences between a greasy spoon and this site being that at a greasy spoon one must pay for what one consumes.

It is bad manners to abuse your host because you don't like what you are being served.

My four-year old knows not to throw a tantrum about a gift.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 11:30 am
Set, I spoke with your attorneys, Robb, Cheatham and Howe regarding your dispute with the hamsters and they had some advice...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/S3Q9wjTV8QI/AAAAAAAABS8/nRpLcTeersU/s800/poke.jpg
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 11:32 am
@Setanta,
What's the common denominator with all us idiots Set? I mean, it seems you can, better than anyone, tell us what all of our problems are.

You find RG (or anyone else's) indignation to be insincere. Well, I find your surprise to be insincere. The response you are getting, is exactly the response a person gets when they behave as you do.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. The common denominator here is you. Get sorted.

T
K
O
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 12:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Twice Set has taken me to the woodshed, and both times - I deserved it. I consider them to be learning experiences.

Cycloptichorn

Yeah, but you never acknowledged the many times when I have shown you the 'right' way forward on key issues
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 12:01 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Yeah, but you never acknowledged the many times when I have shown you the 'right' way forward on key issues

Rest assured, I'll let you know the minute that happens Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 12:02 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I don't attack people who have not attacked me.

You only attack folks whom you perceive to have attacked you.

Your perception of what constitutes an attack seems... flexible.

Some days, merely disagreeing with you, or daring to correct you, constitutes an "attack" and incites reprisals.
0 Replies