@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

dunno.

what did Earl Campbell go...?
skoal bro was 5'11'', ~230...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 04:49 pm
Man, I hate Tebow. Not because he's a bad player - he isn't. But because I'm so sick of hearing about his goody-goody ass and his 'faith.' ESPN wrecked the guy for me.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 09:47 pm

despite completing less than half of his passes this year, he's still figuring out ways to win games...
mismi

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 10:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
I love Tim Tebow...not just because he stands up for what he believes in even when criticized - but also because he figures out ways to win games when so many thought he would suck. Me included. Guy has a lot of gumption.

LOVE that he loves his Mama and his God - openly and without shame. Thank goodness he is not just another thug in the NFL.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 10:57 am
@mismi,
A whole lot better than many of the other players and what they tend to show what they love and their antics ....
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 12:20 pm
I think he needs to be a great QB for four quarters instead of one. He's in the middle of the pack according to QB ratings, but in the details, he is the only QB on the list with a less than 50% completion rate and has one of the worst yards/pass stats. The reason his team is in the hole in the fourth quarter is that he is not delivering in the first three. If you set fire to the house and then heroically save the old lady on the top floor, you get a lot of press but those guys who are getting it done the whole game and win by three touchdowns are the real deal.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 12:28 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I think he needs to be a great QB for four quarters instead of one. He's in the middle of the pack according to QB ratings, but in the details, he is the only QB on the list with a less than 50% completion rate and has one of the worst yards/pass stats. The reason his team is in the hole in the fourth quarter is that he is not delivering in the first three. If you set fire to the house and then heroically save the old lady on the top floor, you get a lot of press but those guys who are getting it done the whole game and win by three touchdowns are the real deal.

Watch him this weekend vs. New England; I highly doubt that the Denver defense is going to be able to keep NE down to just 10-15 points like they have other teams, and Tebow simply can't rely on a 4th-quarter comeback to win against them. Fortunately, NE's defense is pretty porous to the pass, so we might get to see him shine for a whole game instead of a quarter of it.

Cycloptichorn
djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 01:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
and Tebow simply can't rely on a 4th-quarter comeback to win against them.

jebus loves him, this he knows
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 10:04 pm
"Mommy, why did God lose the football game today?"

"Don't you cry now, hon. He was busy killing Kim Jong Il. He'll be back knocking footballs out of Tebow's fumbling opponents' arms in no time."
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 10:14 pm
@Gargamel,
Smiles at the little ******.

Well, to come to grips, I never liked him, but I never liked a lot of people and let them be, and sometimes changed re them. But he didn't want the rest of us to just be.

I don't align re faith unless it is multiply manufactured at me.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 11:03 pm
@Gargamel,
Jesus 0
Tom Brady 1.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:01 am
The Patriots/Broncos game was a new experience for us NE fans. We've
gotten used to coverage of Patriots games being "The Tom Brady Show",
filled with oohs and ahhs over Tom Terrific's latest wonders.

This time we had to listen to endless (to us, anyway) commentary on
some guy named Tim. Even when the game was out of Denver's reach,
the camera just couldn't tear itself away from Tebow.

We felt slighted.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:11 am
@George,
Perhaps if you all had dropped down and Tebowed, the great Godopholus would have smacked the announcers around and forced them back on topic, the game, not the personal hygiene and antics of the player.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 11:39 am
I guess God is punishing Tebow now. Traded to the Jets for a fourth round draft pick.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:12 pm
@engineer,

the trade hit a snag...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
Oops...
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 05:25 pm
It's obvious that tebow isn't a great QB. It's also obvious that he brought something to that team...

I don't see why denver doesn't keep him around and just designate him as a tight end.
panzade

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 05:43 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
just designate him as a tight end.

Good point. I can't see the Jets putting a wildcat offense on the field. But, what do I know?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 06:04 pm
@engineer,
Ya, I heard the Bronco's had to sacrifice a virgin in order to try and win the next superbowl...
panzade

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 06:13 pm
@Ceili,
So you think Tebow is still a virgin?
0 Replies