can i start my own business..........?

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:58 am
Am a 22 year old mechanical engg.I want to start my own business.am very much interested in mechines(cars nd byks).Which area will be helpul to become a established business man.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 740 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 10:04 am
@mailstokrp,
Give me a better description of what you envision as your business. Do you want to have a shop or do you want to create new designs? Do you have any investment capital available? Any current debts? What country are you in?
Do you understand the basic laws and permits you need to open a business in your country?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 10:15 am
@mailstokrp,
You need to have many skills to be an effective business owner, and one of those skills is writing. Maybe you were rushed when you made this post, but ultimately you will need to be able to use correct spelling and punctuation in order for anyone to take your business seriously. While it's possible to run a small business without basic office skills, it much more difficult and implies weaknesses in other areas (such as accounting) which can be disastrous.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 10:25 am
@rosborne979,
My guess is he's an ESL student. At least I hope that's the case.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 11:21 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
My guess is he's an ESL student. At least I hope that's the case.

In that case, I would say step #1 would be to create a business plan (in whatever language the banks need to see).
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 02:04 pm
What are you selling? What do you DO?
repairs and maintenance? ideas and product development?

0 Replies