Major anti-war rallies in Washington, San Francisco

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:27 pm
Anon
Hi. Where have you been hiding. You remind me of a Jack in the box who pops out every one in a while. Laughing Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:39 pm
Can I protest now?

No; there's a war in Vietnam. Wiat -

Can I protest now?

No; we are out of Vietnam, but now we're in Panama.

Can I protest now?

No; there's a quarrel in the mountains of Chile between two farmers over a Dog and an American is in the vicinity.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:44 pm
Edgar

To make your protest meaningful make it at the ballot box. That is always the right time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:47 pm
The constitution, of which conservatives appear to be proud, gives the right to enage in these things. Why should would be protestors listen to you?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:55 pm
We should all stay quietly at home and let them run their little wars. After, there are those who are so worried about "comforting the enemy" or "disturbing the morale of the troops" that they believe all dissent should be stifled. Sounds like "1984" to me and there was a curious war which is remarkably like Vietnam and Iraq going on in that novel.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:56 pm
Edgar
Did I say you should not protest? Follow where your heart leads by all means. I am just voicing an opinion in the same way the protesters are voicing theirs.

Since it is almost game time will shut down. I don't want to miss seeing the Yankees take a shellacking. I hope!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:57 pm
I thought only rabbits and frogs hop -?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 06:01 pm
Edgar
Boy your fast. Note been edited. Have a good evening. I should note that if Edgar is your name we share it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 06:05 pm
It ain't.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:48 pm
March on, Edgar. Carry on with my great respect.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:53 pm
Thank you, tartarin.
I don't care who the president is or whether or not we are at war; I intend to say my piece and congregate peacefully when I choose.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:06 pm
Consequences
Whether people are protesting or not won't affect the outcome much. I don't believe that the protests against the Vietnam Police Action caused the withdrawing of troops. It was the economic drain.

People have the right to protest. Saying that shouldn't do so is fascism. Perhaps the Plutocracy in the USA is shifting to a Right Wing Christian Dictatorship. Millions of the US wouldn't mind if it did.

If the USA & the UK pulled the troops out within the next several months I suspect that Iraq will split into three countries, each with different forms of govt.

The resistence to the occupation won't stop. I feel it will increase in voracity. The USA & UK put themselves in a killing box that they won't get out of if they stay.

The protests in the USA will grow larger and also start in the UK. The reasons for staying will become less of a mandate for the people of the occupying countries. Some are now seriously questioning the reasons for the pre-emptive invasion and why the troops must continue to stay.

The only resolution would be to pay the UN countries to take charge. Even that will probably not stem the resistance. I don't believe that the Iraqies want a US style of Plutocracy.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:14 pm
Why should we protest the war - LET'S REVIEW THE LIES!!

1. Saddam has WOMD's. (A Bush Administration Lie!)
2. Saddam bought Nuclear Material from Niger. (A Bush Administration Lie!)
3. Saddam was buying aluminum tubing for Nuclear Uses. (A Bush Administration Lie!)
4. Saddam was a direct danger to the U.S. (A Bush Administration Lie!)
5. Saddam was a direct danger to it's neighbors. (A Bush Administration Lie!)
6. Saddam has involved in 9/11. (A Bush Administration Lie!)

Many of these points were confirmed the other night during the program on Sixty Minutes (2)]

THE MAN WHO KNEW
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:18 pm
anon for president!
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:35 pm
Thanks Edgar!

Just wanted to keep things straight for the Bush apologists!

Anon Twisted Evil
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:38 pm
Anon, you just go on anon anon as long as you'd like! Laughing
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:44 pm
The Bush Faithful have nothing to worry about. Their obedient little media people are busy not mentioning the protests with all their little might.

I have been tuned into "The Most Listened To Radio Station In America" and it hasn't once mentioned any of it. It's all World Series and local murders.

Meanwhile, here and on the streets of Washington the folks who really care about their country are doing what has to be done. As for getting to register my discontent only at the ballot box? That forum seems to have been fairly well subverted, y'know.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 10:31 pm
Anon wrote:

The true enemies of America are the ones who would silence dissent! Only a traitor would do such!!

The main person who wishes to silence dissent is Dubya himself. He was appointed president and wishes to win the 2004 election as validation of his presidency.

He once again said today on his national radio broadcast that the good news about Iraq is not being "filtered" to the American people because of a biased news media.

I would remind Dubya that there is no good news to tell as long as our men and women are dying in Iraq. His opinion -- to which he is entitled -- will shortly be the minority opinion just like fellow Texan LBJ experienced when he decided not to run -- or seek -- the nomination of his party because of the divisive rancor in the nation against the Vietnam War.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 11:38 pm
Beedles:

Yea, I love it! Bush is whining about the negative press, etc. I have never seen anyone cut so much slack and given such a long honeymoon as this guy!

He's been so used to getting his way with the media due to his ability to cut off information to those that didn't print his view! Now, his total incompetence, accompanied by his complete corruption and malfeasence is overwhelming his ability to overwhelm and bully the media.

Bush can't wake up in the morning without reading how another committee of some kind is after his ass to tell the truth for a change!

Here's my favorite lately ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/26/national/26KEAN.html?hp

This guy has to hang ... that's all there is to it!!

Anon
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 01:18 am
I'm totally torn on this one. I don't like the war any more then the next guy, but I don't think that demanding the US abandon Iraq in the state it is now in is a good idea either. It just plays into the hands of the neocons.

I don't like how we got there but I see it as definitely being our responsibility to clean up the mess we made. I see it as being our responsibility to help facilitate the Iraqi people's creating a constitution and election of government officials for themselves and providing the necessary materials and finances for them to rebuild their country as quickly as possible.

I'd much prefer these demonstrations focus on shaping the policies of the administration and cleaning up Washington rather then demanding we abandon the mess in Iraq.

In fact, after reading the news reports about the demonstrations, I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. The demonstrations were more anti-Bush Administration then they were anti-war.
0 Replies