Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:52 am
http://www.bibleprobe.org/objection.html

Quote:

Every time you turn around, it seems like some evolutionist somewhere is digging up new fossils and making wild claims about proving evolution. Unfortunately for the evolutionist, this dependence on fossils puts them in a very difficult position. You see, if the fossil record fails to substantiate evolution, then it means that evolution was not a historical event. This, in turn would mean that the evolutionists are wrong, and the fossil record has clearly ruined evolution.

Just the same, the fossil record has not failed science. Rather, the fossil record has confirmed science. Biology, genetics, chemistry, physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc., all say that evolution can't happen. The fossil record confirms this by proving that evolution didn't happen. It is the Theory of Evolution that fossils fail to prove, not science. (Which means, of course, that the Theory of Evolution is NOT science.)...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,882 • Replies: 10
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 09:14 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Biology, genetics, chemistry, physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc., all say that evolution can't happen. The fossil record confirms this by proving that evolution didn't happen. It is the Theory of Evolution that fossils fail to prove, not science. (Which means, of course, that the Theory of Evolution is NOT science.)...

Interestingly enough, the attempts at "point--counterpoint" quotes ferom several researchers does NOT contradict anything they say about transitional fossils. Further, I promise not to practice veterinary medicine if he promises not to practice geology.

Quote:
Biology, genetics, chemistry, physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc., all say that evolution can't happen.
Im amazed at his ignorance by this very statement. The genome of animals and plants are crawling with "fossil genes" from prexcursors organisms that are part of an organisms evolutionary background.
I suppose that this guy is used to making his case only in front of rubes who would buy his crap.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 10:23 am
Again for anybody new to the topic....

Evolutionists are conflicted on this one in large ways. Standard flavors of evolution demand that the vast bulk of all fossils be intermediate forms, and all anybody has ever found are a tiny handful of ambiguous cases, despite a frantic search covering 150 years or thereabouts.

Stephen Gould, Niles Eldridge, Ernst Myer and others went to an extreme amount of trouble to put together a new variant of evolution called 'Punctuated Equilibria' precisely because of the need to explain this lack of intermediates and, then, later, go to pains to explain why intermediates aren't really hard to find at all, and this is because they do not want their peers to see them as providing too much ammunition to creationists. In spectator sports, the closest analogy would be tightrope walking.

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 12:46 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Standard flavors of evolution demand that the vast bulk of all fossils be intermediate forms, and all anybody has ever found are a tiny handful of ambiguous cases, despite a frantic search covering 150 years or thereabouts.
Now you are just showing your ignorance. Fossils of intermediate forms have actually been predicted as to their geologic locations. Even though eg, Tiktaalik i seen to be an intermediate of the EUstenopteron family, it works as a "branch clade" of a series of precursors to amphibians. A rule of evolution is that the more species available , the more descendents possible. Anyone who actually believes that theres a one for one descendency of mother to daughter species does not understand how the process works, (even though one of the Creationists (like gunga)tries to misrepresent what science is really saying).

Quote:
Ernst Myer
I dont mind typos but youve missed his name's spelling by quite a bit. Try to at least get that part right. Ernst Mayer had nothing to do with Punctuated Equilibrium, in fact he was dubious of it. Gould and Eldredge were not able to cobble togethre all the intermediate fossils for their own foeld work on PE , they only looked at aseries of specific Brachiopods. Since then, a number of intermediates have been found and the evolutionary sequence of the very fossils that started punctuated equilibrium, are no longer even valid.

The fact that geosciences and paleo and radiochemistry come together and agree so closely in determining the temporal and geographical locations of intermediate fossils, I find to be a natural evolution of the accuracy of the sciences.

Cretionists are merely banging their heads against the wall and are ignoring vast parts of science to come up ith their "half vast" myth based hypotheses of a Bibblically based sequence and timeline of life on earth.

I think its a preciously naive and cute mind set and worldview. Its like being drop kicked one hundred years into the past qwhere things qwere simpler and our high school science books actually mentioned "Flood deposits" of the "Great Flood"
rosborne979

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 10:14 am
@gungasnake,
When researching scientific topics it's usually good to seek out Bible-Thumping sites on the Internet and look for articles written over 10 years ago by veterinarians.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 01:13 pm
@farmerman,
****, nobody corrected my own misspelling of Ernst Mayr. I dont think that I have anything to fer about gunga's point being made.
Ros, our work here is done Cool
rosborne979

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 06:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ros, our work here is done Cool

Until next time Wink
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 08:07 pm
Bird-like fossil discovery endorses handy dinosaur theory
http://www.theage.com.au/world/birdlike-fossil-discovery-endorses-handy-dinosaur-theory-20100129-n461.html

Quote:
Halfway between birds and dinosaurs, this group - which George Washington University doctoral candidate Jonah Choiniere named Haplocheirus sollers (meaning skilful hand) in his study published in yesterday's issue of the journal Science - looks a bit like today's game fowl.

It also had a long neck and head, as well as extended, hairless limbs. The claw may have been used for digging termites.

''Haplocheirus is a transitional fossil, because it shows an early evolutionary step in how the bizarre hands of later Alvarezsaurs evolved from earlier predatory dinosaurs,'' Mr Choiniere said.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 08:31 pm
God will strike that boy dead for that.
0 Replies

magnocrat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 04:19 am
When I was about eight my father took me to the zoo and I saw my first monkeys. The moment I saw them I felt related and I felt a great sadness that such near- human creatures should be caged. I knew nothing of evolution until many years later and accepted it with no truoble.

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 04:55 am
Every fossil that isn't of a dead-end species is a transitional fossil.
0 Replies