I hurt all over.

mysteryman

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 08:11 am
I am stiff and sore all over. I am taking pain pills and a mild muscle relaxant right now.

I still dont know what happened.
I remember going north on hwy 41, and the next thing I remember for sure is sitting in the back of the cop car, waiting for the ambulance.
I still dont know how I got out of the truck.

Stacy went to my shop last night and got my pickup truck, and while she was there she took pictures of my truck. The right side is totally trashed, and my boss said it may just be totalled out.
I dont know if the right side wheels dropped off the road and that caused me to flip or what.

I know I wasnt speeding, I was only doing about 45 mph at the time.

I thank all of you for your concern and will let all of you know what happened when I find out for sure.
Izzie

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 08:52 am
@mysteryman,
Good grief MM - you are darn lucky to have walked away from that Shocked Hoping you will feel better very soon. Do take care. ((((J&S)))) x
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 02:00 pm
Take your time getting back up in the saddle.

Joe(Be well.)Nation
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 02:36 pm
Yipes man I do hope you recover well! That's very unsettling not knowing what happened.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 04:35 pm
My wife took this picture when she went to my work to get my pickup truck last night...

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt273/mysteryman841/22574_1197898032735_1387035543_3046.jpg
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 04:44 pm
@mysteryman,
The engine area looks pretty much okay. Are the wheels (I think they are wheels) between your right front side and the house part of your truck?
mysteryman

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 04:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
No, those arent part of the truck. this pic was taken after the truck was towed back to our shop.
jespah

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 04:41 am
@mysteryman,
Again, thank God you're all right.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 04:51 am
Woah!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 11:38 am
Good news.
The Dr says I can go back to work monday.

Bad news.
I may not have a truck to drive.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 11:39 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Good news.
The Dr says I can go back to work monday.

Bad news.
I may not have a truck to drive.

How does that work for ya? I hope that everything works out ok!

Cycloptichorn
engineer

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 11:58 am
@mysteryman,
Better you can work and the truck is totaled than the other way around.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 01:11 pm
@mysteryman,
I wish u well, MM, both somaticly and financially.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 02:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
My truck was already in the shop getting a new ckutch out in,o I was driving another drivers truck.
He may end up driving mine till we get his fixed.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 05:38 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

My truck was already in the shop getting a new ckutch out in,o I was driving another drivers truck.
He may end up driving mine till we get his fixed.

You gonna be cool through all this? I only ask, because I go on a lot here on A2K about helping other people and the moral duty of doing so. So, if there's anything we can do to assist you in this time of trouble, please know that you have friends here who are willing to do so.

Send me a PM if there's anything we can do for ya.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:07 pm
@mysteryman,
This is probably a good time for you to take off anyway, if your routes take you on 40. It is snowed in and closed from the middle of New Mexico to the middle of Texas. The NM/TX border is getting slammed with snow. It will get worse as the storm moves eastward through Texas where it is expected to become an ice storm.

http://www.koat.com/news/22366593/detail.html
Quote:

Eastbound I 40 Closed From Tucumcari To Texas Line
Slick Roads Reported Throughout NM

POSTED: 10:56 am MST January 28, 2010
UPDATED: 4:28 pm MST January 28, 2010

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- The eastbound lanes of Interstate 40 are closed from Tucumcari to the Texas state line because of snow packed and icy conditions.

New Mexico State Police are advising people to avoid taking I-40 into Amarillo. Texas authorities say I-40 will be closed between Tucumcari and the Texas state line for probably the rest of the day into the night. New Mexico State Police suggest travelers find lodging anywhere between Albuquerque and the Texas state line.

Difficult driving conditions with icy roads and high wind also were reported in the Santa Rosa area, and snow was accumulating on the highway in the Edgewood-Moriarty area east of Albuquerque.

Parts of Interstate 25 also are reported to be snow packed and icy as a winter storm moves through New Mexico.

I-25 from La Bajada to Santa Fe reports some snow packed and icy spots.

Snowpacked and icy conditions were reported on N.M. 4 to Los Alamos, with difficult driving conditions throughout northern New Mexico.

Severe driving conditions are reported throughout eastern and southeastern New Mexico, including roads in the Alamogordo, Roswell, Clovis, Portales and Fort Sumner areas.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanx, but that doesnt concern me now.
I haul coal here in Ky, and run in what is essentially a 3 county area.

But I appreciate the concern.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I appreciate the concern, but right now there really isnt anything that anyone can do.
My truck is in the shop getting a new clutch, thats why I was driving someone elses truck.
My boss has already called me to see if I can work tomorrow, but the Dr wont release me till; monday.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 04:18 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I appreciate the concern, but right now there really isnt anything that anyone can do.
My truck is in the shop getting a new clutch, thats why I was driving someone elses truck.
My boss has already called me to see if I can work tomorrow, but the Dr wont release me till; monday.
I hope that thay r not mad at u, MM!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 04:38 am
@mysteryman,
Hey J... how ya doing today??????? Still feeling a little shaken and stirred.

You were so lucky that you didn't come off worse. Looking at the truck... ACK!!!!!!!

Take good care and rest up over the weekend. Work will be there on Monday - go back when you're body has rested a bit - don't feel pressured into working over the weekend.

Have you let the Chief know what's going on - I know if you get the call that your needed then you'll go, but best let him know what's happened too a?

Glad Stacy is there with you, gentle hugs both. Hug wee-man C for me. Take care. x
0 Replies