What should I do?

Purple3

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 08:40 pm
I need a career suggestion. I don't know what to do! I'm a little OCD and controlling. I like to organize. I'm a good typer and speller, and I am interested in fashion (NOT drawing). I like to style outfits and coordinate colors. I'm good at communicating with others. WHat do you think I should do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,092 • Replies: 8
No top replies

TTH

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 08:48 pm
@Purple3,
Nice to see you figured out how to change your picture Smile

What should you do? Just based on what you wrote it sounds like you want to pursue fashion designing? Maybe an image consultant or something along those lines. More important is - What do you want to do?
sullyfish6

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 08:54 pm
Display or store design.
I know someone who does window decoration/displays. She first started out doing widows for free, now gets paid by 3 stores to keep their window displays fresh and vibrant.
(Try to temper that need-to- control if you work with others)
Purple3

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:01 pm
@sullyfish6,
My point! I need to manage something myself! Plus, that is soooo lame! Window displays? Not in a million years!
Purple3

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:02 pm
@TTH,
Yes, but I don't know what in fashion. I can't draw for my life. Stick figures is a stretch for me. I have no idea what I want to do! That's why I asked you!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:03 pm
@Purple3,
Do fashion magazines have fashion reviews (akin to film reviews)? Maybe you could aim for a fashion column in a monthly magazine or syndicated column....
0 Replies

Purple3

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:07 pm
@Purple3,
Oh, and I also like movies! Never mind that love! I could direct, but people who major in that usually get little to nowhere.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:17 pm
Personal stylist. You dress people who can't dress themselves. You take them shopping and put together outfits for them. You need good communication skills and I get the feeling you're just bitchy enough to make it in this competitive field. That's a compliment. Some personal stylists end up having clients fly them to fashion shows in places like Paris, Tokyo and Milan. I know, I work for someone who does this and he gets all kinds of perks just for being honest and telling a client that ruffles make them look fat.

(Don't knock the window thing - some people make big bucks at that).
Purple3

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 04:35 pm
@Green Witch,
Thanks, even for the bitchy part. Hahahha. I'll think about the personal stylist. What kind of degree would I need, do you think?
0 Replies