Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 03:11 pm
@Advocate,
None that I could detect.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 04:25 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
The only meaningful admission of error came in the final moments of the interview in which the president did admit to failing to emphasizs in his dialogue with the American people the core values that presumable unite us all.

I was very underwhelmed with the promised admissions of errors as well, and I think Stephanopoulos was right to point out that Obama is quick to cop to less meaningful mistakes like ones of communication rather than ones of policy.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 04:26 pm
@Robert Gentel,
The incredible shrinking superman.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 04:32 pm
It seems that his decisions were reasonably based on the facts that were knowable to him.

He may have erred in underestimating how implacable the right would be, as well as the torrent of lies and distortions that would come from it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 12:37 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
I was very underwhelmed with the promised admissions of errors as well

Always sorry to disappoint you, Robert.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 12:41 am
Quote:
...the president did admit to failing to emphasizs in his dialogue with the American people the core values that presumable unite us all.

Wow. I'll bet that impressed the angry, unemployed, broke middle class.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 09:49 am
An historian who gave his leadership high marks said he was impressed with O's calm attention to his job and his inclusion of good minds in helping to reach decisions.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 12:26 pm
@Advocate,
What historian is this?

What decisions? Perhaps you are referring to the backroom deals to compensate Nebraska in perpetuity for increases in Federally mandated Medicaid costs or add $100 million in grants to Louisiana - to get the health care votes of Senators Nelson and Landrieu? Or was it the backroom deal with Labor Unions to exempt their members from new taxes on expensive healthcare plans. Clearly good minds were at work in all these decisions.
Advocate

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 04:04 pm
@georgeob1,
Do you have any proof that Obama did this, or is this more of your BS? I have a feeling this was engineered on Capitol Hill.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 07:03 pm
@Advocate,
The union deal was done during closed-door meetings in the White House. That has been widely reported, and indeed the anmnouncement of the deal came from the White House. The deals to buy Senatorial votes were undoubtedly done on capital hill, however, the notion that the White House & Rham Emmanual wasn't involved don't pass the common sense test.
Advocate

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:43 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

The union deal was done during closed-door meetings in the White House. That has been widely reported, and indeed the anmnouncement of the deal came from the White House. The deals to buy Senatorial votes were undoubtedly done on capital hill, however, the notion that the White House & Rham Emmanual wasn't involved don't pass the common sense test.

This sounds like more of your BS. Where is your proof?
0 Replies