Another San Francisco Meet?

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 09:24 pm
It's now half way through January, and I promised some people that I'll again organize a spring or fall San Francisco Meet.

I'm in the process in increasing my travels this year, so I needed to tie down some dates when the most chance of success is assured. I figured the earlier we plan this, the more we have a chance of a well attended Meet.

So, here's the deal:
a) How many are interested in coming to San Francisco for a Meet this spring or fall?
b) If you're interested, when will be the best month/week-end dates for you?
c) How many will be in your party?

I already have plans to travel outside the country from May 6 - 17, and November 22 for 23-days.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,905 • Replies: 8
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 02:57 pm
What will attract a2kers to San Francisco this year?

Here's an offer most of you shouldn't refuse: I'm going to take the first two people (one at a time) who agree to come to SF to see the new San Francisco California Academy of Sciences museum at Golden Gate Park as my guest.

Here's the link to the museum: http://www.calacademy.org/

0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 03:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
a) How many are interested in coming to San Francisco for a Meet this spring or fall?

Being interested and being able to assure you that we'll be there are two different things, old friend. Both Sglass and I are extremely interested in either a spring or a fall meet-up at the Golden Gate. But when specifically might or might not be convenient is up in the air as of this writing.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 03:55 pm
I'll play.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 04:02 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I'll play.

Well, sure. You live across the street from the playground.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 04:41 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Since georgeob "lives across the street," he can be my guest at any time, so there's still two open invites for the museum - during the Meet in San Francisco.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 04:51 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Well you're only four hours away !
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:50 pm
@georgeob1,
Besides that, we did have a Meet on the Big Island of Hawaii recently...had a great time.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:55 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Quote:

Being interested and being able to assure you that we'll be there are two different things, old friend. Both Sglass and I are extremely interested in either a spring or a fall meet-up at the Golden Gate. But when specifically might or might not be convenient is up in the air as of this writing.

We'll come if you guys come. I shamefully missed the last one.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies