Freedom vs There ought to be a law.

Tartarin

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:52 am
Set -- I thought that's what we were discussing! Puzzled at your response! It's not yet a favorite rant (and may never be). Came across it in someone else's earlier post in another discussion, found it interesting as a possible explanation for some of the (campaign finance) trouble we've gotten into, and looked for a history/definition of it. Don't honestly understand your reaction...??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:30 am
hmmm, that was a bit of an odd response in the middle of the night.
0 Replies

Jakart

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 09:27 am
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 09:41 am
I like that quote, Jakart. And your signature quote is a nice, nice thorn in the side, too!!

(There's a book over my desk called "Thinking Through Writing," the concept of which is very sound. If you force yourself to write down what your brain can't seem to put together, often the act of writing helps clarify the thinking. There are plenty of examples of the process -- if not the product! -- here!)
0 Replies