Are there any A2K'ers whom have NOT seen Avatar?

djjd62

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 04:00 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
I have heard that Avatar is not worth seeing if you don't see it in the theatre...and yes, the bigger the screen the better.

if i borrow a copy of avatar from the interents (what, wait) when it comes out on dvd (i will buy it eventually)

i'll most likely watch it on my ipod, really looking forward to it on the tiny screen Wink
msolga

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 04:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
I haven't seen it & doubt that I will.
Why? Because there are too many other films I want to see first. I probably won't be able to see them all.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 05:02 pm
I haven't seen it and have no desire to. Too much CGI just leaves me cold and I understand that this one is almost all CGI.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 05:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
I havent seen it simply because the nearest theater to us is in another state, its in Evansville IN.

Thats a 1 hour drive under the best conditions
mismi

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 07:24 pm
@djjd62,
mismi wrote:
Quote:
I have heard that Avatar is not worth seeing if you don't see it in the theatre...and yes, the bigger the screen the better.

Didge wrote:
Quote:
if i borrow a copy of avatar from the interents (what, wait) when it comes out on dvd (i will buy it eventually)

i'll most likely watch it on my ipod, really looking forward to it on the tiny screen

Razz
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 07:49 pm
@mysteryman,
evansville is cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rCY79GCYBk&feature=related

(didja that can't be the best way...)
mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 08:07 pm
@Rockhead,
If you like classic cars and hotrods, the frog follies is the place to be. I try and go to that every year.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:26 pm
Quote:
3D Avatar becomes No. 2 top-grossing movie of all time, still climbing
Second only to James Cameron's other opus, Titanic, Avatar pulls in $1.1 billion worldwide.

Just 20 days after its release, James Cameron's new film raked in $1.1 billion worldwide, making it the No. 2 top-grossing film of all time. There's a big gap between second and first place, currently held by Cameron's previous opus "Titanic" at $1.8 billion. But "Avatar" still has several months to sprint ahead.

Curiously, these worldwide numbers hold little correlation to domestic box-office figures. Only one-third of the movie's spoils came from American theaters ($374 million). So, despite its global silver-medal status, "Avatar" is 12th on the US-only list, according to boxofficemojo.com. And, if you account for inflation, "Avatar" dips to 85th. Still, remember that "Avatar" has plenty of time to catch up.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Horizons/2010/0108/3D-Avatar-becomes-No.-2-top-grossing-movie-of-all-time-still-climbing
djjd62

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 03:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Second only to James Cameron's other opus, Titanic, Avatar pulls in $1.1 billion worldwide.

james cameron's opus, bah

nothing he does will ever be better than berke breathed's

http://strangerelationship.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/opus.gif
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 07:59 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

james cameron's opus, bah

nothing he does will ever be better than berke breathed's

http://strangerelationship.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/opus.gif
That 's clever
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 11:50 am
@hawkeye10,
Nope haven't seen - just plain ain't interested in it.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 10:49 pm
Haven't seen it yet...will definitely rent or buy it on BD, though. We just really enjoy watching movies at home.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 11:57 pm
@Irishk,
Quote:
...will definitely rent or buy it on BD, though. We just really enjoy watching movies at home

I almost never go to movies anymore, what with my huge HDTV and advanced surround sound system, and streaming netflixs......but this one needs to be seen on the big screen, the bigger the better, and in 3D.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 01:13 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
...will definitely rent or buy it on BD, though. We just really enjoy watching movies at home

I almost never go to movies anymore, what with my huge HDTV and advanced surround sound system, and streaming netflixs......but this one needs to be seen on the big screen, the bigger the better, and in 3D.
That applies to me too,
but it behooves us ALL to remember that if we wanna
keep movie theaters ALIVE, we need to patronize them
and infuse them with the lifeblood of cash that survival requires.

Its very comfortable and ez to forget that.

David
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 12:36 pm
This is amusing!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 12:48 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

I haven't seen it; I won't be seeing it in the cinema. I was born with one eye badly damaged by retrolental fibroplasia. I have monocular vision; 3D pictures and movies are, and always have been, completely wasted on me.

Same here, though I have Morning Glory syndrome. No interest in seeing it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies