But time seems to fly when I'm on A2K.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,306 • Replies: 31
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:45 am
'Tis true - I pop in - read - read some more - post - poooof!~ A couple of hours gone. It is weird. And I never read as much as I want to...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:10 pm
Hmmm. Are we too philosophize or debate? I'll philosobate until I reincarnate, mate.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:11 pm
I think me tea water is boiling over, bbl
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:12 pm
what's it boiling over? did you make it angry?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:15 pm
yeah I am out of Assam tea and making Liptons. mekes me boil over as well. (now where in the hell can i find some Assam tea in Denver?)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:16 pm
I watch my pot very closely, my friends and neighbors cannot be trusted to keep their hands off . . . oh . . . you prolly meant teapot, huh?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:18 pm
Set, we of the most hipness no longer use the term "pot" and refer to your condition as "brewers droop"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:31 pm
I ain't hip, that's for sure . . . i've been told often enough to believe it . . . i'm still gonna keep an eagle eye on my pot, ganga, reefer, boo, dope--whatever you wanna call it, you ain'ta gonna git it . . . i'd be especially vigilant effen i saw someone comin' who looks like you, otherwise dear friend . . .
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:57 pm
But if you climb a really tall mountain, it'll boil faster. Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 04:08 pm
Laughing Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:49 pm
I climbed a really tall mountain once. Tallest in the lower 48. And there was no wood up here. Couldn't boil any water at all.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:34 am
As a bit of a left turn here there is an experiment that has been done using particles called Long-lived Kaons that demonstrate the 'watched pot never boils' thing.

The particles are all energised by a laser to their second highest energy state. A short time after the laser is switched off they either lose the energy and drop down to their ground state or actually decay into other particles. The weird thing is that if you use another laser to observe them by pulsing it at a level that isn't enough to push them up to the next energy level then they maintain their excited state and also do not decay !!
If you don't use the obervation laser then they all decay.

Bizarre huh ?
There are a great many details I'm skipping here but that's the essence of it.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 10:27 am
As in poker---there is always someone better and smarter.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 11:06 am
thank the Lord that kettles boil faster than paint dries or grass grows.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 11:47 am
I think the worst one is when you go to the supermarket, and you get into the line with the slowest cashier on the whole planet. Wink
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 01:45 pm
c.i., Since you live in California, why do you come to Manhattan for your shopping?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 02:57 pm
Isn't the greatest invention that sorta holding corral thingy that means you can be served by the next available cashier/ticket seller/etc, instead of always being in the longest line?

I guess you would need a 3 dimensional one of them to work in supermarkets, cos of the trolleys, and how they fill all space with stuff to buy...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:17 pm
or maybe we should just deign to wait in line. would the time spent waiting be spent curing some awful, species threatening malady (say, genital warts) if recouped from queueing? or is it just a little more time that could have been dedicated to demassing the lower nostril in the illusory privacy of your car in the parking lot?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:32 pm
no, dlowan, I wanna be in Stella's line cos we talk about our doggies... Or Mike's line, cos he lets me write my check for more than the groceries... I HATE those corral thingies, being fed out to whoever's up next...
0 Replies