A watched pot never boils.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 10:10 pm
Yeah, all of a sudden we're made to feel like so much cows.......
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 10:20 pm
Or sheep. There you have mass consumerism in a nutshell.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 11:15 pm
flyboy, I'm a habitual world traveler, and I love the flight from San Francisco to New York. It has become my favorite route. Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 12:07 am
Having committed Wy's avatar to memory, I will pick a different line. Tonight was baby pictures, and this late there was only one line open.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 01:47 am
Wot???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 05:01 am
He was being humorous, Wy, he means if he sees anyone in line in a market that looks like your avatar, he'll chose a different line. Someone was showing baby pictures at the market tonight, holding everyone else up, as there was only one line. So if he spots you, he knows you'll talk dogs, and he'll try to find a different line.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 09:40 am
fearless interpreter
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 10:55 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
I think the worst one is when you go to the supermarket, and you get into the line with the slowest cashier on the whole planet. Wink

I think I have a system that works you know. Well it seems to work in the UK anyhow.
What you do is do not under any circumstances get into the queue with a guy at the checkout taking the money.
Guys just have no idea what they're doing with this, they're bloody useless.
Lassies are infinitely faster, smoother and more efficient.

Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 12:30 pm
no no no no no. come to the place i buy coffee every now and then, and you'll find the exact opposite going on. with every coin that comes out, i can see her counting out it's value in her head, and every change combination is approached as a new and interesting problem worthy of great silent debate. and the purpose of giving 5.10 (as opposed to 5.00) when you owe 4.10 is totally lost on her: you end up with three quarters, two dimes, and a nickel.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 04:30 pm
Setanta, thanks. I was feeling especially thick; now I know why. But Stella's the quickest checker; our exchange of doggy messages doesn't hold up the line... And if you do see anyone that looks like my avatar in line, it's probably not me. I usually wear my hair down.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 04:44 pm
Well, Wy, it looks especially lovely this evening, i'd advise you to keep that style--it flatters the shape of your face.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:20 pm
Thank you! Laughing Embarrassed
0 Replies