Did I tell you my car got stolen?

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 06:45 am
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

My two year old, fully speced BMW X5 was taken from infront of my house, and that too on my birthday !!!

They broke through my front doors - grabbed the keys and drove the car away. The burgular alarm did go off, but by the time I could react, they had already driven off Sad

Even though it has been almost 3 months now, I still am gathering whatever sympathy I can, so cmon guys, start feeling sorry for me !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,716 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:29 am
@the prince,
They broke into your house and grabbed the car keys??? I never can find my car keys. Quickly finding car keys is an art I must learn. How do I get in touch with these guys?

OK seriously, I'm very sorry to hear you got slammed by some crooks. Do the police think they scouted you out first? I've never heard of someone breaking down the doors to get car keys. Sounds really scary.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:35 am
@the prince,
Oh no! poor prince.

Do you at least have photos of the two of you together, so you can remember the happy days?

Good reminder not to leave the car keys near the front door. Years ago, I used to take my bag with the keys in them up to the bedroom with me each night - I thought it was safer that way. I've gotten lazy and started leaving them by the front door. Back upstairs they'll start going.

Greenie, I have heard of this. There was a chain of this sort of car theft in one of the more upscale neighbourhoods here a couple of years ago.
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:42 am
see. People tell me I am paranoid when I say that I dont hang my keys by the front door when there is a window in it.

yay!
you have validated me

oh wait
this isnt about me Laughing

That really is a pain in the ass and a horrible feeling.
could it have been someone you KNOW?
i mean, GW is right.. keys are just not the one thing a burglar goes for and finds easily..
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:43 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Greenie, I have heard of this. There was a chain of this sort of car theft in one of the more upscale neighbourhoods here a couple of years ago.

Well it's certainly easier than using a jack on the door and then hot wiring. Thieves today are so lazy.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:59 am
@the prince,
Yikes, and on your Birthday too!

I suppose the police haven't been any help in locating your lost beloved? The poor thing has probably been mostly-disassembled and sold into slavery by now.

So, do you have a different car with insurance money?
the prince

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:00 am
So that is three sympathies collected with hopefully many more to go !!!

GW, the reason they did that is because it is almost impossible to steal the modern cars without their keys.

And it was not so much the car which got stolen, but the fact that someone was bold enough to come into my house - it is a feeling of being violated.

Anyways, gave me an excuse to buy a new car as my bday pressie !!!
the prince

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:02 am
@BorisKitten,
Actually, they found the car abandoned a couple of weeks ago - but by that time I had settled with the insurance company. And I did not want it in any case, god only knows what all they had been up to in that car.....the last thing I wanted was packets of cocaine stuffed up in the rear pockets LOL

The police who turned up in the response to my 999 call were uselss, told me that my car is probably stolen to order, it is out of the country in a couple of hours and how her father got burgled and he lost all his jewellery !!

Law enforcement in UK is a joke !
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:06 am
@the prince,
stolen to order?

did they not want to get off their asses?
what an easy excuse. Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:11 am
And then this is what I bought as my bday pressie Very Happy

http://www.cubiccapacity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/jaguar-xf-s-diesel-449x250.jpg
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:13 am
@the prince,
Oh, yeah, I wouldn't want it back, either! Yuck.

So where's the photo of your NEW car?
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:14 am
@BorisKitten,
Cross-post: Ack, what a nifty new car! Prolly better than that pesky stolen one, anyway, right?
the prince

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:17 am
@BorisKitten,
This is what got stolen Sad

http://www.luxury-cars-gallery.web.id/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bmw-x5-security-2009-2.jpg
Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:22 am
Keep the car keys hidden in the toe of a hiking boot or under a pile of old grocery receipts. They will be impossible to find. I know, I've lost my keys in such places.

Enjoy your new ride.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:27 am
@the prince,
This is my car:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2540/4230569323_7c7fbe3d27.jpg

No, really, it's my car, just took the photo! It's a 1986 Chevrolet Celebrity Station Wagon. Bought it 5 years ago for $500.

Best part, it says "EuroSport" on the side. (One of these "EuroSport" thingies fell off recently, and we didn't bother gluing it back on.)

Yeah, baby. All the neighbors are jealous, watching me cruise around in THIS ride.

<slinking off to re-join the "redneck" thread>
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:28 am
@the prince,
Eh. I think the new one's sportier. I like it better.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:36 am
@BorisKitten,
When I lived in Brooklyn in the mid-80's my boyfriend had car with one those big clunky 8 track tape decks. At night we would hear car alarms going off as junkies broke into cars to steal radios and cassette decks (the latest technology at the time). Neither my boyfriend nor I ever even looked out the window - we knew no one was messin' with his piece of ****. There was something nice about that.

BK, you need a rebel flag decal on the back window or at least a little plastic Jesus on the dashboard.
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:50 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
BK, you need a rebel flag decal on the back window or at least a little plastic Jesus on the dashboard.

Heh heh! You're right!

Actually I have some pink pom-pom trim I've been meaning to staple up on the roof liner for... several years now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:57 am
@the prince,
The new one comes with a remote start option that can be cross locked so this couldnt happen. Do you have a LoJak service in UK?. I have Lojaks on my trucks and remote starting.

I know that you can get a remote start using a cell phone option. That will disable the entire circuit (you will need to get your keys re programmed but it sure saves the insurance hassle and it saves quite a bit on your policies.
0 Replies

Look of Disapproval

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 06:50 pm
@the prince,
Quote:
My two year old, fully speced BMW X5 was taken from infront of my house, and that too on my birthday !!!

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
0 Replies