Fingers are crossed, and prayers extended!!!!! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 06:31 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 01:59 am
It has rained an inch here!!!!!!! Still damp and steamy. Yay!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 05:44 am
dlowan

I heard cicadas for the first time this summer tonight Very Happy .... they must have been waiting for some rain! The cats were intrigued by the sound & kept trying to find them. They were really excited. What fun!!
It's still steamy & wet here, too. A bit like Cairns, but cooler.
More would be terrific!
YAY!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 06:03 am
hHeee hee - I drove to work throuhg floods and dodgem cars yesterday.

Everyone in Adelaide forgets how to drive in the wet - and there were multi-car pile-ups everywhere. It is pathetic!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 06:08 am
Same in Melbourne ... Crazy drivers out there! Shocked
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:02 pm
These are good complaints ladies, is it time to stop dancing?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:52 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:16 am
We've had a bit of rain in Sydney, too - but it seems to have stopped now! Waaaahhhhh!! Enough to give the garden a water, but not really do much else.

Keep dancing, there!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 11:39 am
We're dancing, we're dancing!

BTW, I told our sales manager in Sydney that I'd heard about the rain dances. He was really amazed that we knew about in Germany even ;-) The wonders of A2K :-)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 10:16 am
Not any more in Boston!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 11:33 pm
The first day of autumn & right on cue: rain, rain & more rain! It has been coming down steadily all day. And this morning it was COLD! Shocked (That's pretty amazing for Melbourne at this time of year. )
So is this the beginning of the end of the drought? Who knows, but all this rain is sure to put a dint in it! Very Happy
Should you stop dancing? Well no, not unless you're really tired. (We'd understand! Very Happy ) Right now MORE is needed!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 11:46 pm
Yippee Msolga, I'm doing a happy dance! I'll keep it up as long as the drummer does, ha ha!

It rained here all day too, and I didn't mind at all because we need it too!

Here's to some more downpours!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UgDpAq4Z5Eid8zUQ4OKr2HirdWLSqRMWePWy1usp2u3lGYQjkZ6p5r0u7Js10lsN!jzEWCZQxKrUMvIBLeUOwc*7gVOOBKAwOazY9Kjh8Bnl*qk7xFGY4uOGvDlPLI*S/emoticon-sling.gif?dc=4675404891160001101
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 11:50 pm
Then we should both celebrate, Misti! Very Happy
We got rain, you got rain .... Fantastic!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 01:53 pm
Msolga, today is overcast and dreary, but oh so humid! We have the a/c on, couldn't live here without it:)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 03:57 am
Posting to say that it's raining steadily (& it's also freezing today!) in Melbourne, Oz. I don't know how much is actually getting into the soil - it's so compacted from so many years of drought. However a long, long way to go before our water situation looks anything like "normal".

(Fancy that: the last post to this thread was in 2003!)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 04:29 am
I'm wondering if the (big!) dead patches in my "lawn" (front & back yards) will ever grow back? I'm told that I need to rake the soil in the dead spots & plant lawn seed in early spring & keep it watered (could be difficult!) & that things should improve. These days I don't worry too much about what I call "lawn". If just about any type of grass grows & looks healthy, well, I approve!
All the same, despite the decidely less-than-wonderful conditions, some plants seem to be doing OK. My lavenders, for example, & many of my native plants & bushes appear not to have suffered too much at all. "Noddy 24", the rose bush I planted in my front garden & named after Noddy - something like 2 years ago - (I think) is growing its first buds. I will take extra special care of Noddy 24 this summer. Red roses for Noddy.
But it's winter now & there's been quite a bit of rain, compared to the last few winters. The real test is summer. Lots of spot watering with buckets of recycled water. Sigh.

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 04:37 am
@msolga,
Rain here...but weird rain.

Every time I have gone outside, it has been blue sky and sunshine....but it has been clear that it has just rained!

And very cold. Brrrrr......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 04:43 am
Yeah, same here, Deb. The last couple of days have been freezing! Brrrrr!

I had a lovely purple nose when I came inside from yard duty at work today. Surprised
margo

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:20 pm
@msolga,
yep. Been cold and a bit rainy here - but we've had a bit of rain lately. Not getting to catchment areas much - but just on me, I think!