Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

danon5

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 07:47 pm
@danon5,
Clicked and going to watch the Prez speak..........
ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:28 pm
@danon5,
worked
clicked
danced
clicked
<yawn>
Stradee

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 09:19 am
@ehBeth,
sunshine x 2 days!

dan, check out FarmVille. Sent a gift link for ya.

have a good day wildclickers

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 09:56 am
Clicked, and expecting some snow this Saturday.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 11:20 am
@sumac,
g'day all
hope you're well
sunny in the middle of the city today
flurries earlier

temps are expected to drop

gimme some more SNOW!
danon5

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 02:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Ok, clicked early this Thorsday - but not quick enough. Alottaya already clcicked - dwya ta go.................
Nuther tree chewin tobbacci n spitin in tha woods --- and asmilin..............
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 05:56 pm
@danon5,
<snuck in some extra clicks through Facebook>

<grinnin' at danon>
danon5

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 03:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey sweetie,((not anything but a social response)) I have a problem. FB only gives me the new contacts I've clicked on to allow as friends - but, I don't get a response. That's strange - I've gone into everything I can see to allow "everyone" access to everything I have on line. (?????) Now, one time days ago I was going into something and FB wanted to ASK me for my credit payment card number (???). Is this whole thing a pay as you go - or was the request for a credit card number a scam???

If it's a real site - I'll join. Otherwise, I'm very careful and don't just pass out numbers to anyone who asks.

Thanks.

Oh, all clicked and another tree is smiling as the dozers and chainsaws pass it by. The trees - by the way - are giving those people the 'twig' as they pass. ((That's the one the "BIRD" craps on)) hehehehehe

danon5

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 04:04 pm
@danon5,
After posting - I checked mail. There, I saw a sight that brought back memories. Many of you may possibly remember my story about landing my plane in Vietnam with no hydraulics and all that stuff. One of the maintenance people that went to the site took a couple of pictures and just recently posted them. If interested, go to = http://www.225observer.blogspot.com/
Click go and watch the pics until you get to the one with the plane IN the sand off the taxiway. That's mine. I got it home with only a small hole in the wing. To stop the action just put your cursor on the pic and you will see a pause appear - hit that to stop it and then hit the arrow to go and see the next shot. There are only two shots of the plane.
It was yet another fun day in Uncle Sugars paid vacation to the tropics.

Stradee

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 07:11 pm
@danon5,
Shocked

sand was good!!!!!!!!!! yikes

Dan, you don't pay for FB and nobody should be asking you for your credit card number. period (unless you're purchasing something from the site, such as game coins...Farmville, Cafe World, etc)

FB sometimes tweeks...why i have no idea. Beth may be able to explain how the friends feature works. So far i haven't had a problem either connecting with my friends, or visiting their pages. You may have to check your 'settings'.

give me land lots of land on the sunny side of love...don't fence me in... Very Happy

see ya all at the farm where trees are a smilin' and critters abound...

danon5

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 12:03 pm
@Stradee,
If anyone else is interested - there is a more recent post on the site. Now you must scroll down a bit to where it says "Another 84G20 Has Been Found" - then slowly scroll down from there to where the moving photo box is - any time you place your cursor on the box you get to either pause the pix or start the pix.
Sorry, but the site seems to be moving faster than it used to. Maybe it's we old guys beginning to reminisce.... Uh Oh, wait, down cheer in Tejas we only do stuff tha rat way - Listien to a fren tellin stories an make some up our selves....... Like, "Wa Hell, that ain't nothin!!!!!" And, the stories wander.

Happy clicking all ---------

Stradee

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 01:00 pm
@danon5,
Dan, those pics bring to mind memories of the day. Friends in Nam, homecomings that were less than happy, and trying to make sense of it all...

amazing era....

Good day all ~

0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:33 am
Good morning all. We had a decent snowfall, which is now frozen solid and an expected high of only 33.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:49 am
@danon5,
good morning, good afternoon, good evening

one heck of a full moon last night

clicked

~~~

rule number 1 re facebook - don't use your credit card for anything

no credit cards

never ever ever

I've been using facebook for about three years now - have never pulled out my credit card - there is really no good reason to

0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:49 am
It may be too late for the US to catch up.

January 31, 2010
China Leading Race to Make Clean Energy
By KEITH BRADSHER

TIANJIN, China " China vaulted past competitors in Denmark, Germany, Spain and the United States last year to become the world’s largest maker of wind turbines, and is poised to expand even further this year.

China has also leapfrogged the West in the last two years to emerge as the world’s largest manufacturer of solar panels. And the country is pushing equally hard to build nuclear reactors and the most efficient types of coal power plants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/business/energy-environment/31renew.html?pagewanted=print
sumac

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:50 am
January 31, 2010
Do Rings of Herbie the Elm Have Age, Climate Data?
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 11:42 a.m. ET

YARMOUTH, Maine (AP) -- Herbie, the giant American elm tree, is giving his trunk over to science.

Since the tree was felled two weeks ago, scientists from Columbia University, the University of Maine and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration have contacted the Maine Forest Service about examining Herbie's trunk to see what can be learned about the tree's age and about the climate over the years.

Peter Lammert of the Maine Forest Service said his computer has been clogged with e-mails from scientists interested in the stories that Herbie's growth rings might tell.

In particular, Herbie's demise is bringing out of the woodwork highly specialized scientists who study tree rings: Dendroclimatologists, who look to tree rings for answers about the climate, and dendrochronologists, who specialize in determining the age of trees based on rings.

The tallest American elm in New England, the 110-foot-tree survived 14 bouts of Dutch elm disease, thanks to the town's long-time tree warden, Frank Knight, who's now 101.

But Herbie was cut down on Jan. 19 after the fungal disease became fatal. Most of the tree's remains will go to artisans who'll create salad bowls, cutting boards and furniture, but several cuttings will be displayed prominently in the town hall, state arboretum and elsewhere. Scientists are interested in taking a look, as well. The tree, with a circumference of 244 inches, had a diameter of about 6.5 feet.

George Jacobsen, Maine state climatologist, said it'll be interesting to see whether Herbie's trunk reflects climatic anomalies such as the ''year without a summer'' in 1816, when volcanic activity halfway around the world led to an exceptionally cold summer in New England.

That year, frost was recorded in every month of the summer, and the colder temperatures and lack of sunlight caused by volcanic ash might be seen in Herbie's rings, Jacobsen said.

''I'm glad that people are interested in this type of analysis. We'd have to know more about the tree and its environment and its history before we know what its scientific value is,'' he said.

For now, Lammert is focused simply on determining the tree's age. Based on the growth rings, Lammert announced after Herbie was cut down that the tree was about 212 years old. But that's subject to change.

On Friday, Lammert and others returned to Herbie's stump to slice away a cross-section of the stump. An examination indicated Herbie likely grew in the wild for 10 to 20 years under the shade of other trees before being transplanted, said Jan Ames Santerre, senior planner with the Maine Forest Service.

That discovery will add 10 to 20 years to Lammert's preliminary age estimate, bringing it closer to Frank Knight's estimate of about 235 to 240 years, Santerre said. The tree would have been a seedling in about 1770-75, by Knight's estimate.

Ultimately, Lammert said he'll invite others to join him for a final examination. The cross-section is big enough for a half-dozen scientists to count rings at the same time. Lammert said it's important to get it right because Herbie was New England's champion elm, watched over for five decades by Knight.

''I want to be real careful,'' Lammert said. ''I want to give Frank a true account of how old that tree is, for the record books.''
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 02:09 pm
@sumac,
Nuclear reactors and coal power plants...

The U.S. as well as China are making a huge mistake, imo.

There is no such thing as 'clean coal'... or 'safe' nuclear reactors.

Lets here it for solar panels! Very Happy

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 02:11 pm
Watching NG's "Paranormal"

If science can't prove there are ghosts...there are no ghosts... Shocked

danon5

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 09:37 pm
@Stradee,
Right on Stradee --- if there were ghosts they would be clicking for the Wildclickers!!!!

Stradee

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 01:33 am
@danon5,
ya mean silent clicks we don't hear but know?

ah...those Very Happy