Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 06:11 pm
@Stradee,
haahha!!! Yes the shot would be good if it were true. Actually, people in TX have a bad rep from the "old days" before Alaska - when we were the largest state. That was the era of TX is bigger than whatever!! And, so forth and so on - adinfinitum ((Oh, wait!! We aren't supposed to know big - ahem,, words like that)) We refer now to all that nonsense as being silly bragerts. Seriously, how could a group of people who used to have Mexico Passports - then declared themselves a nothing nation - ever be taken seriously by anyone?
We put on the accents that all tourists expect and then take their dimes. Or, dollars. ((Neither one is very valuable now)) You can occasionally see someone from someplace in Texas on the Nat'l news programs. Unless they live in a trailer park they are usually very articulate and use correct American English language.

"Aw shucks, nuff a thet!! Letsus go git a far goin n cook sumpin!!!! Woman, git me a Bud........ Rat now, ya heer. Breng it cheer now."

Clickers all - making another tree asmiling --- !!!

danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 06:21 pm
@danon5,
UmmHummm, waiting to see how many creakers found MY misspelling(s).
I usually sat in English class in High School and drew doodles, er, something like that.
I would have corrected the grammer and spelling except I already sealed the Reply. hehehe
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 06:34 pm
@danon5,
reading along
gasping and smiling and laughing

little dogs are all feeling better now - a bit of ground up baby aspirin in peanut butter has helped Miss Cleo's arthritis-y shoulder and Mr Bailey's got his appetite back (I think he was having sympathy pains)

busy week but the clicking's been getting done in between "have-to"s and chasing the evil Stradee around FB
danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 06:47 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth, FB is a bit of a mystery to me. Is it like the games we used to play? We sort of make up things as we go? Oh, it's like a mensa session after a few martinis ------- HA.

thanks
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:49 pm
@ehBeth,
hehehe

i'm not so busy anymore...rain rain rain (not complaining) and plenty of FB games although i must admit cabin fever's setting in...compy or not.

road trip to civilization happening soon

glad your babies are feeling better, beth. winter isn't fun for our elder charges.

Bootsie limps, Amanda sleeps a lot, and Bella spends most of the time watching out for her buds. very sweet.

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:07 am
Snow

Picture postcard weather

Beginning of an interesting year...

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
danon5

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 05:58 pm
@Stradee,
Stradee,
Glad to hear you are not in the line of rain that's in S. CA......... Bad news down there.

another tree asmilin..........

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 06:01 pm
@danon5,
clicked directly at the care2 site as well as through Facebook - sent danon and stradee invites to the clicking there
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:47 pm
@danon5,
At least some good news from rain-soaked LA:
Quote:
City fire spokesman Erik Scott says at least 50 firefighters responded to a report of a dog in the storm-swollen river at about 11:20 a.m.

The dog tried to scramble up the steep concrete sides for more than an hour as crews dangled life vests and a float ring from above.

A city firefighter finally splashed down from the helicopter, wrestled with the frightened canine, wrapped a rope around it and lifted it to safety.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/01/22/crew-rescues-dog-from-la-river/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 11:02 am
@danon5,
clicked and clicked and went to a wonderful concert and clicked

rain expected here today

I'd rawther have snow.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 11:37 am
Reading and clicking.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:17 pm
News reported the rescue in progress, H. Thought 'wow'! Wondering if the people claimed the dog yet. He was wearing a collar but that's all the news said about the Shepherd after the rescue. Lucky doggie.

Watching championship football n' staying indoors till after the next storm due today w/ snow...each day a weather adventure. Hurray for rain!!!!!!!!!!

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
High Seas

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 03:50 pm
@Stradee,
As of right now the shelter is overwhelmed by calls from people wanting to adopt the German shepherd, but priority is given - as per the vet who examined him - to the first caller, this being the person who first noticed the dog about to be overrun by fast-moving river waters and called 911 for help. He's a sweetheart by all accounts, and looks like it too Smile
Stradee

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:43 pm
@High Seas,
Cool! Good news, H! Thanks Very Happy

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all those people drove to the shelter and adopted the remaining dogs and cats? So many need good homes.
danon5

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:00 pm
@Stradee,
I saw the dog rescue - the dog made it out fine - the fireman went to the hospital with severe dog bites. But, good for him - the fireman, of course.

Great clicking all Wildclickers!!!!!!

ehBeth, I didn't see a thing from you on my facebook deal. You know I'm using my middle name - Dan, and, last, Hampton

0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 09:06 am
Clicking and reading. Reading and clicking.
danon5

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:39 pm
@sumac,
Hi sumac and all good Wildclickers!!!
Happy Monday Monday --- ta da da da..... (etc)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 05:32 pm
@danon5,
clicked!

danon - the invite should be on your facebook page (upper right hand corner I think)

I can tell it went out - since it won't let me invite you now - only one per customer!
danon5

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 06:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Clicked and looking, ehBeth.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 06:38 pm
@ehBeth,
I think I found it - clicked on one of the icons in the upper right and a lot of **** appeared. I found one called "Go Go donation"from you and clicked on it.