Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:47 am
@danon5,
One of the little old dogs living here wasn't feeling too well, so I'm up and clicking. She's asleep and happy with Set now, and the other little old dog has joined them. The three of them are folded up together like a heap of puppies.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:53 am
@danon5,
http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00054/beluga_whale_54794t.jpg
danon5

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 11:02 am
@ehBeth,
Wow, A HEAP of Puppies!!! That's gotta be a good thing.

I've never seen or heard of a Beluga whale blowing smoke rings under water. Also, had no idea they smoked !!!
Really, it looks to me like the whale is having fun playing with the water. It takes some intelligence to learn to blow air rings under water. Good Beluga.

Tnhaks everybody - another tree asmilin today.
(At least all the correct letters are there - I would have fixed it except I had already hit the Reply Button.) ((That's a silly take-off from a funny letter a Mom sent her son - saying she would have put in a ten dollar bill for him except she had already sealed the envelope.)) Big Grin

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 11:21 am
@ehBeth,
Nature taxi... Smile

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/10/photogalleries/animal-photos/images/primary/turtle-photo.jpg

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:33 pm
@Stradee,
(clicked through facebook as well today)
Izzie

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey Clicivisitivisitisiiiiitisists

I remember Rob (maybe) put something up once about dolphins blowing bubbles..

and here's those balugas..

of course... captivity...

clickingnikclic xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Izzie

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

One of the little old dogs living here wasn't feeling too well,

Hope she's feeling a lot better, Bethie. xx
danon5

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 09:26 am
@Izzie,
Hii Izzei - I didn't forget you. Herfe are a few things I did years ago. Most of the stuff I hand carved in plaster blocks then poured a silicone solution over it to make a mold. Then I can pour plaster into the mold and make as many of the thengs as I want. hehehe (spleeing) Grin....... The dragony looking rock thingy is a real rock - I picked it up around the howuse and started to chisel away all the stuff that didn't look right. I made a mold of the stone alsol. The clock is 24 inches in diameter and I have various designs - I 've made a couple of dozen clocks. Theres more junk I've made laying around up in the attick......hehehe
http://s2.directupload.net/images/100118/bvrs6ao6.jpg
danon5

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:41 am
@danon5,
Here is a memory come to life - I trained horses at one time - for those of you who have read my profile page. This is a pic I took this morning of the barn behind my Mom's house. I shod the horses I trained and my own of course. These shoes have been hanging there for over 50 years.
http://s12.directupload.net/images/100118/7k6fmi53.jpg
danon5

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:51 am
@danon5,
My brother retired from the US Air Force several yrs ago. He was a navigator and flew many thousands of hours. He recently asked me how high I have ever flown - here is my response to him. I sorta got carried away with some other funnies also.
----------
I don't know if I told you - but, I'm a member of the 420 Angels Club for real. One day in the Nam I was returning to base from a mission and the Monsoon was hitting the E. coast. I, being in country long enough to attain the term (Crazy), decided to climb over the storm and go home from the S. China Sea side (my airfield was on the coast just S. of Tuy Hoa AFB) I didn't "feel" like calling the Air Force guys and going home on instruments so I pointed the nose of my plane up and started to climb. The W. side of the country was sunny and clear but the E. side was solid TS. I climbed and climbed and climbed and finally when my indicated altitude read a little over 42,000 feet, it wouldn't go up any more. It just slopped around in a nose up condition and wouldn't go any higher hanging there on its props. I thought, (being crazy) I'm over the Sea now and over the Monsoon clouds so I just pulled the power levers back - dropped in a hammer head stall and as I picked up speed popped my speed boards and about 15 mins later I was dodging waves over the S China Sea picking my way UNDER the Monsoon to get back to base still determined not to call the Air Force guys for an instrument approach. Well, I made it ok and didn't have to call the AF for help. hehehe

Another time I was RTB early in the morning about 3am when after calling the tower I was told that all lights were turned off due to a mortar attack. I told the tower that I would try landing since I knew where the field was. I started an approach from over the water since the end of the runway was right on the beach. As I neared the shore I flipped on my landing lights and saw the PX pass under me. The PX is just to the right of the runway so I called tower and told them I was going around and try again. As I started the next approach I went over the beach and saw I was over the taxiway on the tower side of the runway. About that time I heard this screaming and yelling over my headset, "He's coming right at us!!! He's going to hit us!!!" and a few other words. Well, I called and told the tower to relax I knew where they were and now had the runway bracketed so would go around and do another approach. I didn't hear anything back so I figured the tower must be empty by now. I started my last approach and came in right over the centerline this time. Landed the plane in total darkness, finally.

It wasn't "unsafe" - just crazy. And, I had control of the plane at all times.

hehehe

Another time after I retired I bought a small Cessna 172 with a friend. He couldn't fly the plane so I started to show him how to take off - fly level and land. One day at the small uncontrolled field where we had the plane I was letting him take her in for a landing. He made his calls in the clear and called turning final. About that time I saw a plane taxi out non-stop and take off in our direction. I took control of the plane and told my friend to relax and not to worry. I held the approach straight in to the landing and straight at the plane that took off without calling or even looking for other traffic. I kept the 172 straight and level and FINALLY I saw the plane in front of us start shaking it's wings rather vigorously and make a quick turn away from us that I'm sure must have sounded the stall warning horn. hehehe I bet after he cleaned his pants he didn't just go taking off without looking for a long time after that.......

Again, not "unsafe" just MEAN!!!
Stradee

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:29 pm
@Izzie,
Very Happy Iz, your nouns crack me up... Laughing

Dan, you are such a good artist! Awsome work!

The barn! All those fabulous boards!!!

Beth, you are so right!!! Wildclickers are best of the best!!!!

((((((((((hugs)))))))))) n' smooches

Stradee

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:33 pm
@danon5,
You've a very powerful Guardian Angel watching, dan, and we thank God for it.

You're adventures are such good reading! Thanks Very Happy

0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:46 pm
@Stradee,
Stradee wrote:

Beth, you are so right!!! Wildclickers are best of the best!!!!

I'll second that - or third it, as the case may be. For another thread I looked up excerpts from the correspondence of Napoleon with one of his generals, and came across this wonderful passage:
http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/napoleon/c_quotes.html
Quote:
'It was a beautiful, calm, moonlight night. Suddenly a dog, which had been hiding under the clothes of a dead man, came up to us with a mournful howl, and then disappeared again immediately into his hiding place. He would lick his master's face, then run up to us again, only to return once more to his master. Whether it was the mood of the moment, whether it was the place, the time, the weather, or the action itself, or whatever it was, it is certainly true that nothing on any battlefield ever made such an impression on me. I involuntarily remained still, to observe the spectacle. This dead man, I said to myself, has perhaps friends, and he is lying there abandoned by all but his dog! What a lesson nature teaches us by means of an animal.'
danon5

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 06:08 pm
@High Seas,
Hi High Seas, I didn't see my favorite quote from the man - whether or not it is from him, I love it, "History is a collection of lies that have finally been agreed upon."

All clicked.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:08 pm
@High Seas,
Thanks H! Smile

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.

-Thomas A. Edison

There is no fundamental difference between man and the higher mammals in their mental faculties...The difference in mind between man and the higher animals, great as it is, certainly is one of degree and not of kind.

- Charles Darwin

danon5

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 11:28 am
@Stradee,
Thanks S!

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect."

Chief Seattle - 1855

danon5

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:12 pm
@danon5,
For those of you who have downloaded Google Earth - copy and paste this in the address block = 14 10'46.24"N, 108 42'41.50"E
Hit go and let Google fly you to the N. tip of a beautiful valley - I loved to fly up it at low level from the S. to the N. end - you may have to enlarge it to see the valley better. Down at the S. end it's about 1,000 ft deep and relatively narrow - as I flew northward the valley became shallower but still was interestingly deep enough to enjoy. At the N. end it takes a nice sharp turn to the right and as the plane made the turn in front was a magnificently beautiful waterfall. The rim of the waterfall was above my flight path. Great scene!!
One day I was showing the valley to a newby that I took on his very first tour of our area of operation. As we turned the corner and sighted the waterfall - artillery shells began to land on the very edge of the falls. Spectacular!! I told him it took quite a bit of prior planning to get that welcoming effect for him on his first flight in country. hehehe I think he may have believed me.......??
Anyway, Vietnam is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever visited.

If you don't have Google Earth get it. It's free and a great thing to have and use. They have a paid version that gets you closer but the freeby is good enough for me.

---------------Back from Edit
I tried it and it worked great except it gets really close so you will have to click the (minus) button on the upper right a couple of times to see the whole valley. Lotsa fun.
danon5

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:33 pm
@danon5,
Oh, to remove the Lat/Lon address from the map - just right click on it and left click delete. Then you can see the picture better. Enjoy!!
danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:45 am
@danon5,
Good Thursday Clicking all -----------

Texas Men !!!

Subject: Only a TX man can make you feel like Woman
A plane passed through a severe storm. The turbulence was awful, and things went from bad to worse when one wing was struck by lightning. One woman lost it completely. She stood up in the front of the plane and screamed, "I'm too young to die," she cried. Then she yelled, "If I'm going to die, I want my last minutes on earth to be memorable! Is there anyone on this plane who can make me feel like a WOMAN?" For a moment, there was silence. Everyone stared at the desperate woman in the front of the plane. Then a man from Texas stood up in the rear of the plane.
He was handsome, tall, well built, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Slowly, he started to walk up the aisle, unbuttoning his shirt as he went, one button at a time. No one moved. He removed his shirt. Muscles rippled across his chest. She gasped... Then, he spoke...
"Iron this -- and then get me a beer."
Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 12:00 pm
@danon5,
Shocked

thud

...and then she shot him...