Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

danon5

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 08:19 am
@Stradee,
OMG - tell me about allergies......... I cried and sneezed all the while mowing.

I never had allergies until a few years ago. I recon it just comes with age. Something else to live with the last few years. I shouldn't complain and don't out loud - I remember my parents, grandparents and greatgrandparents getting up in years and never complaining.

Great clikcing everyone (Hi Iz - clikced for you)

Stradee

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 02:47 pm
@danon5,
A bad year for allergies...my lifesaver's Claritin.

Boots looks a lot better today, but one eye is still a mess. More rain today...the dust and pollen settled for now.

A friend of mine moved to New Mexico where rainfalls minimul. Couldn't handle all the dust (or the critters...my friend looks both ways before stepping into the yard from the house....yikes) and says the weathers either dry and very hot, or dry and very cold. Dust storms and no rain. I'll never complain about California weather again!

Need a nap...

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

teenyboone

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:37 pm
@Stradee,
You too? I dry up. I blow up! My eye itchs, my heads stopped up, so I wash
my eyes out with an eye wash solution, (Busch & Lomb), take Benydrl, passed out because that's what they do and begin the vicious cycle all over again.

I spoke to my little blue spruce because she's "budding". Noticed old blue
spruce's doing the same! I was squealing with laughter and wonder that my
little tree that is growing 11 stories in the air is doing so well. Planted 3 flowering azalea bushes last week too! A pink, dark red and a snow white.

Packed Girl Scout cookies over the weekend for our deployed troops.
One came home in a coffin this past weekend. Local kid; really sad.
I don't think the government even know why we're there, now.

Anyway, I'm all clicked, in reasonably good spirits, in spite of the world.
Weatherwatch: In the low 30's last night, 56 today, followed by a warming
trend by the weekend. Snowed in upstate N.Y. and Massachusetts last night.
It's why everyone is sick! We had comfort food yesterday; Salisbury steaks in mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and petit pois peas & butter. Okay,
I'll have to have a cook-off if we all ever get together. I make everything from scratch, except bisquits! If they don't come from a Pillsbury can,
I'd be clueless!

Watching the HBO Series, "Treme", about a real neighborhood in downtown
New Orleasn, post Katrina. I cry through the whole thing, it's so real to me.
God Bless!
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:18 am
@Stradee,
Okay, so I clicked early today and on the daily cause, read this:

http://www.care2.com/causes/trailblazers/blog/slacktivism-why-snopes-got-it-wrong-about-internet-petitions/?z00m=19841594#comment-660764

So now, I'm a Trail-Blazer, a title, I'll gladly wear.
danon5

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 08:42 am
@teenyboone,
Good link teeny --- I agree the Care2 petition site is a good one. But, sadly, there are sites that don't make a difference. One must be aware and careful.

Not as early, but early clicks from here also............

Good Day to all Wildclickers!!!!

0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 09:00 am
@Stradee,
Stradee, I use a prescription med - Fluticasone. I had the test done and took shots for about three yrs - about three yrs ago - then stopped taking the shots because it seemed to not be getting better. I then started the Fluti stuff. Also, take Benadryl. And, as I go to sleep in evenings one deconjestant spray. After all that I'm usually great.
Of course we are each different chemically inside our bodies so - to each, a search for what is best.
Strangely, my Patti was told by her dentist to take a pain killer - Aleve. With her it didn't dent the tooth pain - HOWEVER, to her surprise, it relieved her RA (rheumatoid arthritis) pain which she has had a bad time finding anything that would help. So, now she lives on Aleve - along with the twenty or thirty other meds she takes daily. Who knew???

teenyboone

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:11 pm
@danon5,
She's not alone! I take 2 Aleve every morning! Prescription pain killers do nothing for me! I was prescribed Ultram for the pain in my arthritic hip, (I have arthritis in my pelvic area)! Who knew? Most muscle relaxers put me to sleep and I wake up in pain, but 2 Aleve; within 15 minutes, I'm up and walking like "normal", again.

Seems I've grown resistant to most pain killers and I don't want to resort to
injections like morphine and such. I'll bear the pain. 71 here, today but very windy.
danon5

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 07:32 am
@teenyboone,
Isn't that the most amazing thing about the OTC Aleve ----- we were surprised. Our Doctor is young and didn't say anything about Aleve. We keep him as our DR because he does what we tell him most of the time. I've found even I can usually diagnose stuff using WebMD. That's a good program.

Your wind is probably the same windy weather we had the past two days - we are awaiting a string of thunderstorms now - so, you should be prepared to get THAT in the next couple of days. hehehe, I can forecast your WX - but, I'm not always right.

Keep those clickers clicking everyone.

teenyboone

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:09 am
@danon5,
Aleve wasn't always OTC. In my child bearing years it was called Anaprox.
Same blue pill in an ovel shape. It was used for cramps. I could take one and voila! No more pain! I thought it was a "miracle" drug. I buy generic Naproxen
because it's 4 or 5 dollars and cheaper. There's a brand called "Good Sense" in 50 and 100 caplets. It only costs me 3 or 4 dollars at the most! It's STILL a "wonder drug" and I don't know why doctors don't tell you about it.

It's only because my deceased physician first put me on it, back in the late 60's!
That's how long it's been around. Okay, I'm all clicked, going to get up to 80 today, so I'm off to the great outdoors! Have a great weekend, All!
danon5

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 01:47 pm
@teenyboone,
Enjoy the Great Outdoors while it lasts, teeny - It's gonna really get bad for a coupla days for you.

Cleeking as we speak.

Stradee

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 04:23 pm
@danon5,
g'day Teeny, dan and all wildclickers

Day before yesterday we were hit with a hale storm that lasted 20 minutes. Thunder, rain, then the ice hit. Straight down, heavy duty, was sweeping chunks of ice off of the porch listening to thunder at the door. Amazing.'

Yesterday, windy and a bit cool.

Lovely dinner at a neighbors house...visited, saw pics of Europe, had a super time...

Today, Claritin. Weather warmer, a tad windy, 80 degrees tomorrow. California's at 140 percent over normal for rain and snow. Hurray!

Boots still a bit loopy from allergies, today healing a tad faster. Poor baby.

All in all, a good day, kitty will be running through the yards again soon.

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

danon5

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 05:44 pm
@Stradee,
Yer Boots just keep on runnin thru the yard. That's good. You could make a song about it.

Good clickin weekenders ----------

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 05:51 pm
@danon5,
Good evening WildClickers. It has been a quiet, allergy-ish weekend here.

I did get out to a Hafla last night, and today the entire pack took a trip down to the Brickworks. It's coming along nicely, and spring is always a wonderful time to visit. The best sighting of the day? a couple of painted turtles sunning on a log sticking out of one of the ponds - big turtle, little turtle, both relaxing happily. Mallards, geese and a cormorant were skimming around as well. The red-winged blackbirds were NOISY noisy NOISY !
teenyboone

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 05:56 pm
@danon5,
Whoa! It's 92 degrees here! Had a sprinkle or 2 but it passed.
I was in Princeton today. It's drop-dead gorgeous out there. Glad
I was a passenger, I'd have gone to sleep at the wheel! I daydream
when the weather's like this! We had grilled ribs and chicken on
the barbie and I made my famous, gooey, Mac & Cheese!

No pain when the sun is strong. God Bless the Sun! All
clicked for today!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 06:46 pm
@teenyboone,
Naproxen sodium. My best friend for years - and then it went non-prescription! about the only thing that helps with my joints other than Tylenol Arthritis. Can't use any other Tylenol products - just the arthritis one. Growing up is heck.
Stradee

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:13 pm
@danon5,
LOL...yup

Gave her a bath again today, and she's sleeping all comfy cozy and breathing lots better. Windy and hot temps arn't the greatest for spring allergies.

Spring cleaning and me feetsies all nyang. Began with washing windows, then opened the dining room hutch (shudda never done it) and staring back at me were dusty heirlooms. Silvers the worst!!!!!!!!!!

House free of dander and dust for another day. Stradees determined! Very Happy

danon5

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:46 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth take care of those joints - mustn't let anything like that interfere with your dancing.
Sounds like a nice walk - I remember the pics you published from the brickworks. Great place to wander.

teeny, hope the rain stays away. Looks like most of it turned and went south of your area. That's a good thing. Mmmmm - Mac 'n Cheese - Mmmmmm.

0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:54 am
@Stradee,
Oh yeah, NEVER open hutch doors!!!!!!! That's like a Horror movie in the real time. I have a simple setup for some of the dust and dander - I bought a 20" by 20" floor fan at Walmart for $9 bucks and then a 20" by 20" hepa type filter - set it to circulate the air from room to room and turn it on with the filter in place. It does the same job the room cleaners you pay hundreds for. Just keep changing the filter occasionally. Great stuff.

teenyboone

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 01:10 pm
@ehBeth,
I swear by it! Danon, intermittent showers in my area today. You should see the pollen washed down in puddles! Looks like a swamp! It's why my eyes are itchy, throat icky and runny noses! A good day to shop! I brake for Dollar Stores! I buy inexpensive water flavors by Wylers for 1.00 as opposed to 2.79 at the regular supermarkets. Those boxes of water sweetners with artificial, non sugar straws, that you empty into a bottle of water, shake and drink!

My husband lost over 10 pounds using those instead of drinking soda! I'm
looking for strawberry lemonade flavor. It's a good day to shop in Marshalls'/Home Goods for scented candles and summer towels.

I shopped at a discount store that had pineapples for 99 cents, lettuce for 69
cents and avocados, 3/1.79. That kind of day. I had 3 huge bags in the
back of my mini-van! I grew up on tons of fruit and vegetables in New Orleans, because produce comes through the Port of New Orleans before
it's freighted across the country. I stayed thin for years eating this stuff.

My kids grew up eating the way I did, but they got their share of cupcakes,
pastries and decadent desserts. I grew up on German and French baked goods. I was lucky because my mother had a sweet tooth! We played outdoors a lot, roller skating, bike riding, hop scotch amd jump rope.

All that sugar had to go somewhere! I had a voracious appetite and weighed only 85 lbs. as a teen, thus the "Teeny" nickname! I stood less than half a pint, too! I was the short, petite, one! I was also a "ball of fire", zipping around! Boundless energy. I just wonder where it went! Most days, I feel
like a slug, now. Instead of going to camp, I took dance lessons in the summer, until I went to high school. A real "rubber band"!

I taught my kids how to dance, sing and act like a nut! Today, I'd be on Ritalin! I had good study habits, though. I'd be thought of as "rambunctious"! Aren't kids supposed to be rambunctious? Todays' parents
are LAZY! Too much McDonalds and not enough interaction with their own kids. If you show kids you're interested, they perform for you. All of my kids displayed the energy I had. Hell, I'm getting tired, just typing this!
I'm on my 4th childhood. I had my own, my kids, grandkids and now
great grandson. I always have some kind of book, paints, mechanical toy
to entertain him with or those "happy drinks" and Nabisco Sugar Wafers.

Any body hungry? I'm all clicked and happy to be here! Whew!
danon5

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 08:12 pm
@teenyboone,
Happy Tuesday clicking all.

Yep, teeny, the parents are the most important aspect of a persons life. Good parenting is very important for the good life of every child.