@ehBeth,
yum!

chai n' munchies for dessert

all clicked and ready for nynite...
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:58 am
@Stradee,
Hey, you guys have been really busy, huh? I'm getting better; clicking every day, no matter what! Clicked late last night, clicked early this AM! I still
watch MSNBC's Mornin' Joe and Way too Early, with Willie Geist. After that,
if I watch TV, it's strictly PBS, TCM or all day Westerns when I'm home.

My husband takes me out daily with my cane, and makes sure I shop for little things like smelly candles or choctches for my window sills, plant food and stuff like that. Big school board elections yesterday. Here in NJ, the "new" Governor is out to "get" the educators who didn't support his fat *%#, last November! The only ones who lose are the kids! An old school that was destined for the wrecking ball was named after Barack Obama, after it was
learned that the school had no danger of asbestos, etc.

Kieth Olbermann voted our governor one of the worst persons in the world last night. Quite a "dishonor" if you ask me! NJ is supposed to be a "blue" state that voted this bad omen in! Go figure! Yet, when Obama declared NJ a disaster area after the recent floods, I don't see fat behind, rejecting any aid! We really miss ex-governor Corzine, now! 70 degrees yesterday and sunny! Today, more of the same with a chance of overcast. 70 is not a bad thing! The sunshine diminishes my hip pain and I enjoy a certain degree of
comfort. I'm really good inspite of the pain. I'm in a good place, thanks to being able to be here with all of you! God Bless!
Teeny
teenyboone

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:06 am
@danon5,
Danon,
I just clicked for today and heartened by your post too.
Getting better day by day. No, no operation according to my
orthopedists. Getting X-Ray results today. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, here we go!

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
danon5

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:29 am
@teenyboone,
teeny, glad you are getting better and hoping for the best for you. Hey, send your Gov a "T" shirt with "Wide Load" printed across it ---- Big Grin.

My fav "T" is one that says, "I used to be schizophrenic. Now, we're ok."

Or, the one for ladies that within a pic of a rear side mirror says, "The objects in this T-Shirt are closer than they appear."

Or, the one for ladies that on the lower back says, "Read My Lawyers Lips"

Hello all you great Wildclickers --- I talked with a tree out back of the house this morning and was told we are doing a great job. So, I'm passing that on to you all.

Stradee

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:11 pm
@teenyboone,
Me too....busy that is...but today and yesterday the rains kept me working at the house, and today the trucks at the shop (new shocks) so i'm waiting for them to call. Set the alarm so i'd get up a little earlier today, then slept till 9, the cats all 'where's breakfast'?

We'll be freezing for the next few weeks, then temps will hit 100 degrees...summer arrives very quickly in the Sierras...then finally will have time for all the landscaping trimming that needs finishing.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to snuff...as my mom said many times "Shirl, it's the s**** when ya get old...although we're not in our 90's yet so there's still a few good health years yet for us to enjoy.

Ya know, politics and me have parted ways. After all the years envolved, I just pick my battles, vote, and forget the stuff we can't change. I thought and still do believe Obama was the best thing that could have happened to the U.S. of A, and truly, there isn't anything the opposition can say bad about him. The GOP got us into the damned mess, now they proclaim its Obama's fault, and those that didn't care for the prez from the beginning chime in...disgustingly pukish.

Records is what i look at, not rhetoric.

California votes in a new governor, and Senators (incumbents and new) are also up for election. They're all moderate, even those claiming the Republicans as their party...but still...the nations got a very long way to go before we see significant economic recovery. Republicans haven't been able to take over California for years. Hope to god they don't get the chance.

Hope the weather warms for you soon. Take good care of yourself and heal.

God Bless you too, Teeny.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:28 pm
@danon5,
Oh Danon,
Thanks for the laugh! I tell you, it's true that ALL politics is "local"!
I saw a movie with a comedian saying the line, "what if I got drunk,
voted and woke up President", or something to that effect.

Yesterday most of New Jersey had school board elections. To get someone to vote in a school board election is like asking the Pope to fly here and pull the lever or now, press the button!

There were 3 incumbents and were a shoo-in to win, right? The unbelieveable happened. 3 barely in the race, "unknowns" WON! I voted for them, because I believed no one else would! The budget also passed! I voted YES for that, when so many towns are voting down school budgets!

I believe that most of my town thought just like me becasue they were the 3
highest vote getters! It was like "clicking"! You know what you're clicking for, but you think you're the only one who cares! I've always been a
"closet" environmentalist, a tree hugger, a peacenik and spiritual. I get in
touch with God mentally; quietly.

Whoever and whatever God is, I believe! I believe there's a cure for cancer but the big drug companies would lose money, if the cure was made available.
Greed is a big commodity in this country. It's sad, but true. Think back to the 50's with the Salk Vaccine and the obliteration of Polio! I also believe in herbs and diet. I cure myself by thinking positive, drinking a ton of water and
juices, plenty of fruits and vegetables and less meat, especially red!

See, I feel better already! You have to laugh to keep from crying. I've learned to read this group as the "PEACE" group. It's pretty much all I need.
I love you all, sincerely! :-)
danon5

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:56 pm
@teenyboone,
Thanks teeny. Me thinks yer right re. the politics thingy. Everybodys on a good soapbox until they get in office and then the guys with money come around and ruin them.

Stradee, great luck with yer truck. ((Damn, I didn't know I was a poet pro!!))

You guys are -------- You gals are great............ You Wildclickers are GREAT!!!

danon5

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 08:41 pm
@danon5,
Happy Earth Day all ----

Green is a good color.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 08:46 pm
@danon5,
Indeed it has been a green day. The building I work in gave away metal water bottles. Our office supplied new ceramic portable cups as well as a healthy breakfast - fruits, yogurt, oatmeal, juice and coffee. I enjoyed that yogurt - a lot!

Clicked in the a.m. through the FB link - I'm at 288 clicks through that link now. Still can't get past my previous record of 55 days in a row there.
danon5

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 05:17 pm
@ehBeth,
That's a good record, ehBeth. Great going ---------

It's another Friday. They seem to be coming faster and faster. I have to be careful when I go shopping - last Friday I went to Walmart for a few things and it took awhile. I had forgotten Mid-Month Payday!!!!! We retirees have a lot of planning to do in order to get things done.

danon5

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:43 am
@danon5,
We Wildclickers are still the record breakers!!!!!!!

My tree said, "Tell the Wildclickers to get Wilder!!!"

Really, that's what happened................

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 01:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Sounds like a great place to work, Beth! Happy belated Earth Day!

Haven't clicked from FB much...must make a concious effort daily, but i'm accustomed to checking here at the thread each day first. Smile

Much work today...maintenance person weed eating the north 40, and we're expecting more rain Tuesday. I'm luvin' our normal winter and spring! Tahoe's snow pack's phenominal, and more weather on the way. Very Happy

Have a great day, Wildclickers!!
danon5

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 04:17 pm
@Stradee,
A Sun click down here in rain land. A nice sunny day today - you probably hear on the news about Sat. Most of the bad stuff went past us and did damage in AR, LA and MS.

Good clicks all.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 06:55 pm
@danon5,
Clicked from the land of goofy weather.

I hope all of the WildClickers had a happy weekend.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 07:29 pm
@danon5,
Beautiful Spring day...

Saw the storm damage on the news. Terrible.

Din din, tv, kittens, nynite.

Been a very long day...
danon5

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 08:51 am
@Stradee,
We are finally having very nice Spring days......... Till later. You know what Texans call two rainy days in a row? The Weekend!!

Happy clicking all.

Stradee

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 02:43 pm
@danon5,
Expecting snow and rain tomorrow.

Warm days again beginning Saturday

Winter clothes...spring cloths...winter clothes

danon5

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 05:47 pm
@Stradee,
Good Luck and Good Clicking, Stradee!!

I can't put it anymore succintly !!

Happy clicking to all the Wildclickers who don't post!!!!!!!!!

Good Day All, and, have a great tomorrow!!!!!!

"My tree, in my backyard said so.!!!"

Really, !!!!

Honest, it said that.....

Really.

danon5

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 12:41 pm
@danon5,
A great Tuesday - a good day to save a tree.

Now to go out and finish mowing grass.

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 06:48 pm
@danon5,
Well thanks dan!!

Yesterday temps were 70's....today there's a wind/rain storm...snow expected.

Poor Boots! She's dealing with a bout of allergies (scared me yesterday) her eyes were a mess, difficulty breathing and walking...so after administering antibiotic cream to her eyes, and a light bathing, her breathings improved.

Animals have such a difficult time during seasonal changes.