Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

danon5

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:47 am
@danon5,
Happy 'Battle of Puebla Day' everyone from or having visited Mexico.

All cleeeked here.

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 02:28 pm
@danon5,
LOL yep...well, got everything cleaned and am happier for it...till next year.

Good idea, Dan! Have a ceiling fan that keeps the dust from sitting on ceilings to infinity, then vacuum/dust every day...twice a day during Spring. Pretty much have gotten on top of the pollen indoors. What the cats bring in is a different story, bathing and grooming the babes each day keeps them healthy and comfortable. Bootsie's health still a concern.

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 02:53 pm
@teenyboone,
Headed out yesterday grocery shopping and found some good deals at one of our discount stores. Half the price of regular grocery stores, and the food tastes excellent...most grown in California. I'm a bit leery of buying veggies from Mexico (all the stuff you hear about the water) but most chain stores only sell veggies from there. The discount store has a good variety of produce, and sells soy and other good non dairy products that i can store in the pantry until opened for use, then they live in the fridge.

Since retirement, i gained some weight, but with spring and other activities the fats melting away, hurray! Spent last winter indoors, perparing all the foods i didn't have time to fix when working, then of course, choc cakes and three muskateers bars were snacks. Good lord! When i had to lay down to zip my jeans, well girl, you know what i'm talking about. Sweats were my wardrobe of necessity till just a month ago. Even the cats lost weight on their own, I figured i could take a clue from nature and get with the program again.

Today was outdoors giving the Chevy a bath, a tad windy (ahchoo) but now the garage's dust is gone to, so little by little the place is beginning to look like summer again...the garage painted looks awsome. Next, before tackleing the porches, painting outdoor light fixtures (have a really cute antique pole light sitting in one of the flower beds along the longer driveway that looks peeked from weather) needing a bit of sprucing.

Was thinking about the kids reading what you wrote, and have such fond memories of when they were younger. Happy Mothers Day to you Teeny.
We can be proud our kids grew to be super adults. Am spending the day with my daughter, and celebrating my sons life as well.

Dan, my best to your Patti and to all Mom wildclickers.

danon5

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 05:27 pm
@Stradee,
OMG, Stradee ----------- I only wish I had your 'go get things done'

Dang, I don't.

Oh well, I did click for another tree. It's asmiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 05:35 pm
Great to catch up here, read up on food and tight jeans Very Happy , friends, family, pets and everything you love.

clicking along quietly
danon5

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 05:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey, ehBeth, what's this "tight jeans" thing. You know of course - I'm a male.

It's just the way we think. One sided and one way.

Women look at "tight jeans" as competition in the same sex - or - something to adhere to and be better at............... That's thoughtful.

Men look at "tight jeans" and there is only one thing in their mind. Their "little minds"..............

Oh well, women are more thoughtful. But, the outcome is the same.

Overpopulation of the Earth. We have to place stoppers somewhere.............

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 05:51 pm
@danon5,
Laughing Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 05:52 pm
@danon5,
This is for tomorrow ---------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. HBG -----------

And many more to come...............

danon5

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 03:15 pm
@danon5,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. HBG

Have a great rest of the day all Wildclickers!!

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 04:06 pm
@danon5,
Yeah ya do...

Rainforest threads, moms house, your house, the farm. My God! I'd be hospitilized from exhaustion (although when younger, i took care of three houses, horses, and family) however, today? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My place is just shy of an acre, with lots of landscaping, and forest living keeps one on their toes. There's always something to fix, paint, or maintain.

Bear alert three days now, even the deer are jumpy (more than usual) and my babies are staying indoors. Noticed how quiet and still everything is just after dark when generally, there's a dog barking or coyotes yipping, but with a bear prowling, everythings at attention.

Beautiful day, warm temps, light breezes...Sierras singin' Spring. Smile

Happy Birthday, Mr. Hamburger

Beth, i'll be sending good thoughts Sunday for you and your dad. ♥

Dan, very nice thought. Thankyou

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

danon5

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:22 am
@Stradee,
Oh for an acre to mow ------ my front yard is approx four acres, my Mom's old house is one acre and the Little House is an acre!!!! The other nineteen acres is the outer perimeter - you know - razor wire, land mines and other stuff like gun positions to insure overlapping bullets downrange. I always thought the person with the most firepower going downrange would be the winner. However, I'm older now - and realize that when the fight begins - there are no winners.

I am making headway - will try to put a couple of pics up for you to see. Just this morning I planted three treated posts and after stringing a little help for the vines I wrapped what was left of some really pretty little Primroses around the string to help it grow. The original plant was there over 67 years ago. Now in my final years I'm going to pamper it.

Creaking along - watching another tree smile.

Stradee

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 02:28 pm
@danon5,
The lawns are not quite an acre...LOL...in fact, they live outside the diningroom/livingroom windows, and takes all of 10 minutes for mowing. It's the hedges, junipers, trees, shrubs, flower beds, walkways, and the house/garage (and north forty) keeping me busy.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya, dan. Don't know how you manage, but i guess with the grace of God, you'll be smilin' and talking to your trees for many more years.

Speaking of country livin'... disputes are solved with rifles and fences...with no inbetween, courts, or whatevers. No winners, just a bunch of jays jawin' for the heck of it. If the world could solve its problems at a bar b q...there'd be a lot more people standing in line at the garlic/fries concession...(OMG Pac Bell park on a Saturday afternoon. Heaven!) well, ya all get the idea. Very Happy

There is a need for privacy and space, Americans are just like that...

Wow...there's a plant with a will and a way. Good job! Waiting for pics Smile

waving to you, Pattie and ya'lls trees

danon5

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 09:13 pm
@Stradee,
All Sun clicked -------------

danon5

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 10:20 am
@danon5,
All Mon clicked ------------

Recently stopped by the local garage where I get stuff done that needs it with our vehicles. Here's a sign I couldn't resist showing to you =
http://s7.directupload.net/images/100510/kmlgjs2e.jpg

Cute, eh?
danon5

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 10:39 am
@Stradee,
Stradee, here's the Primrose vine I told you about --- I'm not finished clearing around it. As you can see it was completely overgrown and over the years was asking for help from anyone passing by - even strangers. Smile.
http://s10.directupload.net/images/100510/ej8wekm7.jpg

A closer look at the little pretties ---
http://s3.directupload.net/images/100510/wux6pnpi.jpg

Thanks.
Stradee

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 04:27 pm
@danon5,
very cute...and typical...LOL
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 04:34 pm
@danon5,
Should look good as new in a few months. Mom's smilin'. Smile

Is the lil cutie your chloe?

Had a super day with daughter and s.i.l yesterday. Planting flowers and a garden in wheel barrels, plus starter plants still in empty egg carton thingys from seed sitting on the beautiful granite counters of daughters kitchen. Was hoping for a clear day today, but noooooo...rainstorm and snow. Will begin painting soon as the weather permits (if ever).

Hope all wildclicker moms had a lovely day as well.
danon5

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 05:05 pm
@Stradee,
Thank you.

Yes, that's my (our) Chloe. She's getting like me - not easy to get up in the morning and after a tiny breakfast, we go out together. Then her eyes begin to glow. We're both old and - so far ok - but getting there.

So, good clicking all. You know of course that another tree is saved - just because we clicked today.

Thanks --- All smiles!!!!!!!

danon5

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 02:29 pm
@danon5,
Yea to all Wildclickers for saving another tree today.

Thanks.

danon5

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 06:25 pm
@danon5,
Another tree asmiling !!!

Stradee, you were right, the Primroses are ablooming.