Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

Stradee

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:29 pm
@Izzie,
izzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeee you are such a joyous personizaluv... hilarous LOL posts!

me's taking no prisoners...dan is the perfect banting pard. Very Happy

Living through the civil rights era...mlk..the 60's social changes...took the 50's out of the equation in a few short years...thank the gods.

yo iz, i still have my WWll ration tickets, and grandparents Citizenship papers. Keep all in a kinda ornate wooden box {w/teeny lock and key} given to me by my aunt eons ago. They're all gone now, but pics and antiques live on...Very Happy

saving all for daughter and grandkids, and maybe a nephew if he picks up the dining room set (weighing a ton) and visits more than once a year. LOL

danon5

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:47 pm
@Stradee,
"banting??" is THAT what it's called these days? Well, I recall the days when TV was ALL black and white - hmmm, I guess you could say it was the first thing integrated in that arena. Twin beds and completely covered bods especially the lady - and you NEVER heard a WORD related to anything promiscuous - not even close. OH, you must mean I do banteringly get about? These days it's not easy either way.

Heard a funny the other day. =
A lady was standing at a bus stop in a secluded area. Going home after a hard day waitressing and it was payday. She had a pistol in her purse and had her hand in the purse on the pistol. Suddenly, a guy ran up - grabbed the purse and started running. She - to her surprise - still had the pistol in her hand. She yelled at the thief, "Stop I have a gun and you are not going to take my paycheck and tips!!" Then, she shot the guy six times. Next morning she was standing in front of the local judge who asked her to tell him what happened in her own words. She related the above story. The judge looked at her and asked, "Why did you shoot him six times?" She looked at the judge and said, "because the last time I pulled the trigger it just clicked." She was set free and went back to work that same day.
The best part of the story is - it is TRUE. Published in the Houston, Texas newspaper.

Iz, I'll go look for the "Greetings" letter. They could have said, "Dear Sir," or, "Dear Future Soldier," or, "Dear Cannon Fodder," or at least something more comforting than "Greetings".

So impersonal methinks..............

Grinning along with a tree.

Stradee

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 05:00 pm
@danon5,
Banter, bantering, banting...all the same dear dan.

Black @ white tv's were the rage in the neighborhood especially since we were the only family on the block to own a new Camper & Barret (think that was the sp of the store) whatever inch tv. Kukla, Fran, and Ollie, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Crusader Rabbit. My fav- Road Island Red. Humor that my parents laughed at and most kids sad 'huh'??? Sunday 49er football when Frankie Albert was quarterbacking...my God...a long time ago.

Gotta luv the Texas lady.

Beth, i may have caught the wonky bug. Was difficult driving home yesterday from the Bay. Tummy was talkin'. Going nynite now.
So tired.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:57 pm
@Stradee,
oh Stradee, take care
this tummy bug is not kind

the only only only good thing is that if you've neeeded to catch up on your sleep - you will
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 09:00 pm
@danon5,
black and white t.v.
that's the way it was when I was a kid
and only 2 channels
on a good day
and not all that many hours a day
you could definitely plan your schedule around the show - there weren't many to pick from
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 02:25 pm
@ehBeth,
tagament seems to be easing the wonks

had an early appointment today and driving was yuk...rain, cold, n' burps...

resting now

sending well thoughts to you and set

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 03:20 pm
@Stradee,
clicked earlier today
earlier than that went to the walk-in
turns out that what I thought was a cold (just what you want on top of the tummy-wobbles) is a "massive" ear infection

came home early
started the meds

drinking ginger ale

<urp>
danon5

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 04:01 pm
@ehBeth,
My goodness, ehBeth ------ You MUST take it easy with a serious ear problem. I had one of those and couldn't walk a straight line - even without a drink!!! It makes you dizzy as all git-out ((gotta keep up the Texas thingy)) You may have headaches. I didn't - in fact ((and this has had me to run for my life from people who heard me say it.)) I've never had a headache in my life except for the one night I was in the boxing match I told you guys about way back in 1960. That pounding hurt and my head hurt for about an hour and a half. That's about it as far as headaches with me. Even my hangovers when younger ((that includeds anytime before yesterday --- Grin. Not really.))...........didn't include headaches. True story. I guess my brain is pretty solid as far as possible strokes are concerned. One day a few years ago I awoke and felt really funny - dizzy, stomach in a lurch, couldn't stand up without my chest palpatating - really made me scared enough to say to Patti, "If I don't feel better soon I think I should go to the ER." She took me then without delay. On the bed in the ER I couldn't stop shaking and my chest felt like it was going to pop out at any moment. The nurse attached all the monitors to the little machine that beeps and I always wonder what that means. The doctor came in and looked at the little machine and handed me a paper bag and told me to breath in the bag. I heard the nurse say to him my blood pressure was 245 over 135. He left the room. I sort of lost sense after that - I remember the nurse running from the room and soon the doctor came back. They administered a shot of something. Later, Patti told me that my blood pressure had gone higher --- anyway, after breathing into the paper bag my blood pressure finally came down and the doc told me I had a panic attack!!! I never would have thought that I would ever have a panic attack. Since then, if I ever feel the same symptoms - I mentally relax and it goes away. It's rare, but happens. Later when I told my regular doctor about the pressure readings - he said I should be dead. All those little pathways in my brain must be solid. So, maybe that's why I've never had a "headache"........

Be careful with the ear infection, ehBeth. It's not an easy thing to live with.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 04:20 pm
@danon5,
I have to laugh - the doc did ask "how did you get here?"

Amazing that I was able to drive to work and back - with a bit of extra caution. I am definitely dizzier than is my normal state Wink
danon5

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Yep.

((Still have to keep the facade going." Big grin
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:08 pm
@ehBeth,
it's difficult driving during storms, but dizzy too!

glad you went to see the doc! my god, ear infections are seriously boinky

still whoozy, tired, tummy gymnastics...the tagaments' doing its job though

burp

beth, hope you have a restful healing weekend

dan, that must have been a very scary experience. glad you're ok now

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:54 pm
@danon5,
and here's how we know how I was doing when I got home today

I read this

danon5 wrote:
I was in the boxing match I told you guys about way back in 1960.

and thought to myself - we didn't EVEN know Dan in 1960! the whole rest of that post disappeared into the same kind of pffffffft brain cloud

now that I've re-read it - take care of yourself Mr. D! keep on with those good relaxing thoughts - I'm glad you can control the heart racing that way
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:56 pm
@Stradee,
and Stradee, still with the tummy aerobics <sigh>
Set's still beset with them as well
we took the dogs out for a short walk tonight - Mr. Wobbly Guts and Ms. Dizzy
picked up some steamed rice at a Thai restaurant around the corner
made it home and had rice and naps
danon5

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
That's funny ehBeth - You have given this old man the reason he didn't 'connect' with people while growing up. The correct words got all messed up when they came out of my mouth.

Iz - I spent the last few days in the attic. FINALLY, I found the letter. Here it is =
http://s11b.directupload.net/images/100206/rp85za32.jpg

I never did actually get drafted - I went ahead and JOINED the Army a few days before my reporting date. My pea-brain figured that I would have a better chance at getting what I ASKED for if I actually joined rather than be drafted. Maybe it worked - I don't really know for sure. We were all cannon fodder in those days.

Oh, trivia !!!!!! The Mercantile Dallas Bldg is the same building always mentioned in the old TV series "Route 66"........... The guys in the series used the Mercantile Bank located on the ground floor. I worked in a Stock Brokerage firm on the 13th floor. (Yes, there was a floor 13)

danon5

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 05:13 pm
@danon5,
HERE is a pic of a city in Vietnam on the shores of the South China Sea. It was at the time the site of the Battalion Headquarters for my company. See the airfield runway?????? See the high hills in the pic to the right of the airfield runway?????? About every fourth plane that either landed or took-off and flew passed those hills were shot at by bad (at least that's what we thought of them at the time) guys from sites on top of the hills. We then sent patrols up to stop that. Then the patrols came down. Then the next fourth plane was shot at and the whole shebang started over again. This went on for the year I was there and I'm sure happened before me and after I left - probably for the entire period of the conflict.
DUM DA DUM DUM ----- DUMMMMMMMM

http://s11b.directupload.net/images/100207/5r3blg24.jpg
Stradee

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 05:19 pm
@ehBeth,
awwww, still not feeling well?

rice (and rice water) are good tummy tammers

ventured out for grocery shopping and felt ok till just before standing in the checkout. gymnastics to the enth degree

naptime

will take good advise from dan and breath in health...breath out germs

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 05:54 pm
@danon5,
Another set of wow posts, danon.

Clicked napped took antibiotics played at facebook

danon5

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:21 pm
@Stradee,
Stradee, yer right - rice is a good tummy cooler, but, mostly to sooth it from hot stuff like peppers. What you need right now is a nice cuppa green tea with a tad ground ginger (tip of teaspoon)(I use a tiny cheese knife and just get what you want on the tip) and some Splenda (about half to a teaspoon or to taste) - then (the peasofresistaunce!!) - two to three drops of lemon juice. Dr. Oz, on TV, said the lemon juice acts to amplify the med effect of the tea.
Now you have a tummy tucker!!!!!

Stradee

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:28 pm
@ehBeth,
No nap yet...sigh

Kittens missing attention (so cute)

Dan, i would have packed my togs and moved to Canada! Shocked

Recall a Marine recruiter calling son right after he graduated from H.S., shown some interest in the service and had talked to the young officer on occasion. Glad he decided not to join. Course, his mom (me) chatted with the Marine. You can guess how that conversation went...

Interesting life you've led Dan. Glad you're still with the wildclickers and also joined your farmer neighbors at Facebook. So much safer. Very Happy

Chai tea, snuggie, kittens, and tv for the duration.

Tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday! Couch and naps for Stradee and babies Smile

Sending healing thoughts to you Beth, and you Set.

Good evening all ~

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:34 pm
@danon5,
My x m.i.l. told me about rice water when the kids were little, plus works fine for adults too.

Warm water and Baking Soda seems to relive the tummy ache also. Green tea yesterday, and tonight Chai tea w/a tad ginger.

You're a good doc! Very Happy
0 Replies