Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:41 pm
@danon5,
good reminder about the ginger, danon and stradee

I've always got a knob of ginger in the house for cooking - gotta remember it's there for the tummy wobbles as well.

hamburgboy has longstanding tummy troubles, so he's always keeping us mindful of the BRAT diet - bananas/rice/applesauce and tea/toast - very gentle on the tummy if a bit boring

the specific antibiotics I was given for my ear infection say NONONO dairy products. do you know what that does to a gal with about 18 types of cheese in the fridge? seriously, it's devastasting. Trying to figure out what to eat - and I'm supposed to eat - is mightily wierd.
Stradee

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:44 am
@ehBeth,
Good suggestions, Beth.

Yesterday bought organic applesauce, nanners, and veggies for steaming.
Chai tea this a.m. and wheat toast. Yesterday saltine crackers with a bit of jam for lunch. sigh

Maybe Malt O Meal for lunch or Quaker Oats with soy milk. Or chicken flavored soy boullion with crumbled saltines.

We'll miss all the spicy superbowl sunday food, but that might not be a bad thing. Smile

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

danon5

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:33 am
@Stradee,
Sounds like you are on the right tummy track, Stradee. I've done the Baking Soda thingy - it works. Baking Soda is essentially just plain Sodium Bicarbonate which is great for lots of other stuff = Cooking, No-scratch scouring powder, oven cleaner, pot cleaner, stovetop drip pan cleaner, refrigerator and freezer deodorant, bathwater additive to soften skin, mouthwash, toothpaste, baby bath additive, diaper cleaner, diaper soaker to remove odor, baby clothing sour milk odor remover, kitty litter deodorizer, pet shampoo wet bath or dry rubbed in and combed out.

Taking it for the tummy make sure it isn't the refrigerator deodorizer box.......

heheheheh - oh, e

danon5

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 09:04 pm
@danon5,
Oh, and, if you accidently get spashed with battery acid Baking Soda neutralizes the acid quickly. I make older antique type guns and sometimes I have to use a special acid to "brown" parts. After I get the proper color on the part Baking Soda stops the action and prevents the part from continuing to rust...
Neat stuff.

what's that noise?? Ahhhhh, it's another tree asmilin and grinnin --------

0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 10:04 am
@Stradee,
Stradee, Your past association with the USMC brought to mind - my mind, what's left of it - I still have my old USMC ID card. Found it with the US Army draft notice. I also still have my USMC discharge certificate. Boy have you ever seen such a pack rat??????
http://s3b.directupload.net/images/100208/apec8wtu.jpg

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:02 pm
@danon5,
Baking soda's a good product...i buy it by the 13 lb. bag...and use the stuff for a lot of what you mentioned...and one other good use is adding the stuff to pool water. sparkley Smile

Feeling much better today although slept through most of the Super Bowl yesterday but not the last quarter...thank the ginger tea gods. Good game.

Pack ratting is sooooooooo much fun when i discover something totally forgotten hidden away in a heirloom box or chest.

wow, you collect everything too! cool Very Happy

Well, have to run to town cause i had no time for cat food stopping last trip. Tummy said 'no'. Maybe today i'll have better luck.

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

danon5

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:23 pm
@Stradee,
Hi Stradee, glad you're feeling a little better. Another tummy helper "that's about a million years old" (that's my Forest Gump imitation) is apple cider vinegar and honey. As much of the brown vinegar in water as you can stand and add honey to offset the taste.
ehBeth, ask hbg about that.
Well, now everyones getting over the tummy thing all good suggestions are coming our way........ ehhhh, there's always next time. But, by then I usually have forgotten. "Again" (nuther Gumper) Grin

danon5

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:26 pm
@danon5,
ehBeth, if you are a cheese lover like we are - try this site =
gourmetfood store.com
It's got a lotta other stuff also - but just scroll down to the cheese section.

I love the litte red headed girl in the ad years ago. Santa brought some GREAT presents and Dad said, "My, you must have left some cookies." She said with an amazing grin, "I didn't leave him cookies - I left him CHEEESE!!!!"

danon5

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:27 pm
@danon5,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to youuuu.
Happy Biiirrrthday Dear Uuullll.
Happy Birthday to you.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:54 pm
@danon5,
clicked

back later

menu options are puzzling me
danon5

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Sorry I misspelled the address - here's a link =
http://gourmetfoodstore.com/
Happy cheezing!!
ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:12 pm
@danon5,
are you trying to drive me crazier?

Laughing

I can't have any dairy for another 10 days +

and the man sends a link to a cheese site

Laughing
Stradee

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Beth, when i became a vegitarian, it was difficult at first figuring menus.

Steamng veggies gets old after the first week...and constructing sauces with no dairly was at first a trip. After a bit though, cooking veggie was easy and I haven't looked back since. There are so many good recipes (breads also) that can be baked using non dairy products.

http://vegweb.com/index.php?action=recipecategories
danon5

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Sorry ehBeth, here is something to take your mind off cheese for a few moments in time.
-----------
Jesus Knows You’re Here.

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said,

'Jesus knows you're here.'

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze.

When he heard nothing more, after a bit, he shook his head and continued.

Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard

'Jesus is watching you.'

Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice.

Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

'Did you say that?' he hissed at the parrot.

'Yep', the parrot confessed, then squawked, 'I'm just trying to warn you that he is watching you.'

The burglar relaxed. 'Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?'

'Moses,' replied the bird.

'Moses?' the burglar laughed. 'What kind of people would name a bird Moses?'

'The same kind of people that would name a Rottweiler Jesus.'

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 05:10 pm
@danon5,
clicked!

enjoying a nice mug of medicinal Neo-Citran as a chaser for my antibiotic

clickity!

stradee, danon, clickers - how are y'all doin' today?
Izzie

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 05:27 pm
@danon5,
danon5 wrote:

Iz - I spent the last few days in the attic. FINALLY, I found the letter. Here it is =
http://s11b.directupload.net/images/100206/rp85za32.jpg

good lawd Dan... well, they were straight to the point a? You are ordered...

hmmmmmm...

scary stuff.

How on earth did you get thru flying planes without having panic attacks.

Still... you know, I read things about what people have to do in warzones... one of my best friends has had 3 tours in Iraq and goes to Afghanistan fairly regularly on short stints ... and still, I do live in cloud cuckoo land... I simply can't imagine what it must be like in those situations. I think you, and the people who I know fight and fought for our freedom, are made of stern stuff. I don't think I would ever be that brave.

Thank you so much for sharing "the draft" - I had never seen one before. Thnak yuo.

x

by the way.... how is Patti doing? Is she faring better these days? How's her mobility? Hugs (((((Dan)))))
Izzie

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 05:36 pm
@Stradee,
Stradddeediddidididdiidlyddddddddododo you feel better today?... I hope so. There have been so many bugs going around - such a shame - I'm sure our immune systems are all getting more and more spent as the years go on. I know, for sure, my immune system is lousy - well, mines overactive, those little white cells just gnaw me to pieces, nasty little beggars. The joys a? Well wishes and quick healing to you. xxxx Very Happy

Bethie... you do sound a little better tho I must say, I woulda ticked you off about going to work.... hmmmmmm... can't stop an EBGirl in Action tho. I do so hope things improve and your eye stops swelling... I kinda just wanna reach out and touch it now... oh, it's prolly good I'm a few thousand miles away - I'd be fretting if I saw you. Take care and feel better. x x x
Stradee

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 07:43 pm
@ehBeth,
caffein was sooooooooo good today!

wonks all gone and trip to the salon at Folsom uneventful...whew

how are you with the puffy eye owie, ear throb, and tummy jumps...all arriving at once...and you went to work!!!!!!!!!!

sending chicken soup and ginger tea with ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

and an absent slip for your boss. tell him Dr. Stradee said so...Very Happy

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 08:05 pm
@Izzie,
LOL...yep

I know, huh. There are germs out there that don't have a scientific name (yet) and god knows where they're from (we don't wanna know) and for gods sake even the four-legged are affected! I could swear Amanda (one of the herd) had some sort of bug cause she was walking sideways! Shocked Even Bootsie was acting strange, and mz. Bella was normal (she's usually a stress tab on feet) so i'm blaming the moon for lack of a better reason. Very Happy

Anyhooo, luv, we are all doing well, thank you.

The house was disinfected today with mass splashings of pine sol, and the sun shone for three hours. Blessed beyond measure...

Sending good health thoughts....

0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 10:32 pm
@Izzie,
Hi Izz, ogod to see ya. Yep, the DRAFT isn't a choice. Oh, and I was in my early twenties when I did the flying in combat situation thingy. I didn't even think about getting it. In fact after I was there long enough to be crazy - I would even fly my plane around the base of hills that were used as artillery bases and had our guys on top with the cannons until I saw muzzle flashes at the base or on the side of the hill - I felt it would let them know where the bad guys were so they could take action and later get a good nights sleep. It wasn't the dumbest thing I did and I thought it helped the boys out.

Almost all the regular N. Vietnam soldiers and most of the S. Viet Cong were actually kids who were DRAFTED like we were and were city boys stuck out in the jungle - they hated being there as much as we did. I heard this on the History Channel and fell on the floor laughing - in those days I thought of those guys as people who grew up in the jungle and were kin to panthers. But, NOPE............ I would so love to go back and visit - it's actually the most beautiful SE Asian country I've been in.

Hey all tummies and noses and eyes ---- here's wishing ya'll well and a quick recovery. Stradee, glad to hear things are better at your place.

Nite nite all.