Fox News are their forums promoting hate speech?

RexRed

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater causes terror and so does hate speech...
A Lyn Fei

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:09 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Religion today is our greatest enemy and the most divisive corrosive element known to a free society. America should be a magnet for those of the world wishing and dreaming of throwing off the shackles of organized religious terrorism.

The moment religious dogma becomes rule of law we then are lowered to the level of a totalitarian Nazism...

The Jesus of the bible claims he will make us free, yet the Jesus of religion today is reinterpreted by fundamental conservatives and transformed into nothing more than a holy war monger. These strict fundamentalist have turned the name Jesus into a mantra for this cause of shoving the cross down everyone's throats. The mixture of Roman hostility with Christianity is not what the Christian writers expected to come of their efforts.

Jesus said he came to turn children against their parents... It is time that these religions collectively fail and fall to the side for a loose form of liberal cultural tolerance and unity instead. Time to bury the cross and and these hateful books of "chosen people", "aliens" and "infidel" division, social inequality and strife for a better more harmonious way. We need to as a collective whole resurrect and fly high the flag of modern consciousness spurred on by the the age of science and reason.

I have lived with Jesus as the center piece of my own religious fervor for many years. Yet the way Jesus has been transformed into this mascot of right wing hate makes me seriously consider becoming a Buddhist though I have already adopted agnosticism. I have considered also Judaism and Islam but they all adhere to the same old testament fables and as time goes on in my life the OT has become a book of imaginations and not factual "truth".

So what if the stories though not factual teach a moral... I learn more from a story like that of Matthew Shepherd and it is actually true. Matthew Shepherd is the champion of my own ethical imperative. I feel it is more relevant today than even Jesus... Suffer the little children. If people would learn tolerance and acceptance toward gays then I feel they will find harmony with most other facets of their lives.

Dear Friend,

What you say is obviously inspired by genuine kindness and a want for good things to become of this country. That is all I want, as well. However, do you feel that siding with anyone is a good thing at this interval? Being a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or even Taoist will only divide you from some and join you with others. Agnosticism is a nice generality which is accepted by most, and I have found that more people will listen to the words of an agnostic than a religious person or an atheist.
Furthermore, I understand the pain that religion has caused so many people. Matthew Shepherd's story was a tragedy, though many good things came of the aftermath. Unfortunately, not enough good came to abolish all the hateful people. The Westboro Baptist Church is among some of the worst moral offenders in history. However, I believe there is still hope that these people will become an unwelcome minority. My father always said that what he liked most about the gay community (he grew up in Manhattan) was their ability to stick together and take care of one another. The love of a community far outweighs the tyranny of the hateful few.
As for "a loose form of liberal cultural tolerance, etc" I don't see this as exactly the right direction. As much as it pains me to say, it is true that hate will always exist and that some level of personal freedom to be hateful needs to exist. That is something I love about this country, and it is something the Founding Fathers kept in mind as they wrote the Constitution and associated documents. The word "slavery" does not even appear in the Constitution for, even though they owned slaves, they did not want to bar the inevitable freeing of this race of people from occurring. We need the freedom to change the rules, but both sides have to be heard. I feel there is a happy medium to be met, not too far to the left or to the right. Have guns, surely. Have capitalism and many small businesses (because that is what capitalism means, not a few big businesses) and, of course, don't let the government take away our personal freedoms with things like the Patriot Act. However, give gay people the right to marry. Give us health care the same as we get public safety and public education. And, for crying out loud, remember that there IS a separation of church and state.

Did you check out the Texas Curriculum?

Stay happy and hopeful,
A Lyn
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 07:59 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater causes terror and so does hate speech...
Bullshit

Hate speech can encourage those who are already predisposed to feel hate to do so, and that is fine. If we can't convince people that it is better to love than to hate then we may as well exterminate the human race, because we are done.
RexRed

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:45 am
@hawkeye10,
Christians brought about the dark ages...
0 Replies

RICK219

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 06:01 pm
@RexRed,
The World needs more prople like you right? I cannot remember the last time I heard the word "Queer"? Long time. I most likely said it!
I don't think your doing anyone any Justice by grabbing that up and keep passing the hate! I do not beleive in "Gay Marriage". I think your use of Queer sounds just like the "N" word!
RexRed

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 11:32 am
Yes this new bullying law can start with the Fox News forums, a source of hate speech and bullying by the network itself. They delete gays defensive comments and let hate comments by religious conservative homophones stand... The unbalanced bias of fox news leaves little to be desired.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671190/lady-gaga-obama-call-teen-suicide.jhtml?xrs=eml_MTVNews13-gaga-obama

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2011 11:33 am
@RICK219,
RICK219 wrote:

The World needs more prople like you right? I cannot remember the last time I heard the word "Queer"? Long time. I most likely said it!
I don't think your doing anyone any Justice by grabbing that up and keep passing the hate! I do not beleive in "Gay Marriage". I think your use of Queer sounds just like the "N" word!
Queer and proud...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 11:22 am
http://newsosaur.blogspot.com/2011/10/can-investors-get-news-corp-under.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 02:37 pm
I somehow knew I would call upon this thread again one day...

Fox News Commenters Respond to Whitney Houston’s Death With Deluge of Hatred and Racism

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39912_Fox_News_Commenters_Respond_to_Whitney_Houstons_Death_With_Deluge_of_Hatred_and_Racism

Comment: You can tell the worth of a master by his disciples...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 06:18 am
This Is the Pregnant Woman Sudan Wants to Hang for Marrying a Christian
http://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-woman-sudan-wants-hang-marrying-christian-183155308--abc-news-topstories.html?bcmt=1400411802675-21ac22af-431b-4d65-95a5-5566509718b7

I refuse to read this article or the comments.

ALL OF SUDAN wants her dead! Every last person in Sudan!

The comments (I am told, I refuse to read them) are the most vile and hateful towards a religion that is just as murderous as the God the commentators worship.

Over 100 thousand DEAD Iraqi civilians [women (some pregnant), children and some Christians too] as Tea Party preachers call for the death of millions of gays and not a peep out of Fox News...

Why not reword the article and say, "all of Islam wants her dead"? (cynical)

I think she is stupid for marrying a Christian just as she is EQUALLY stupid for being a member of Islam...

There is no difference, both religions are vile and offensive to life and global peace.

Hate Crimes Against Muslims Remain Near Decade High
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/12/10/1312341/hate-crimes-against-muslims-remain-near-decade-high/

WE CAN BLAME FOX NEWS FOR PERPETUATING THE HATE.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 06:44 am
Fox News Can Legally LIE Its Viewers - Seriously
http://humansarefree.com/2014/02/fox-news-can-legally-lie-its-viewers.html

I will wait till MSNBC picks up the story, a news outlet with journalistic integrity.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:05 am
If we did not have a secular government which FORCES Christians BY LAW to love their neighbors we would be having witch trials right now.

Don't let Christians fool you, with their self pity, into thinking they are any more civilized than their Muslim counterparts.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 07:59 am
@RexRed,
CNN doesn't moderate their's either. Is a difference you know between promoting and simply not caring enough to spend money hiring moderators. Smile
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:16 am
http://assets.amuniversal.com/1c92a7c03a86013305fd005056a9545d.jpg
0 Replies