The Colts took a steaming dump on the NFL and all its fans today

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:42 pm
Those fucks should be kicked out of the playoffs for what they did today. They take out their best players in the third quarter and blow their unbeaten season, their unbeaten regular-season streak, and in the process, take a steaming **** on all the fans that paid to watch that joke of a game (not to mention the millions of fans watching on TV), and may have just fucked another team out of their rightful shot at the playoffs by letting the lowly Jets beat them.

How do you feel about teams taking out key players once they clinch their spot? I think it is a total '**** you' to the fans, and a blow to the purity of the game. The fans paid good money to see a real game, not that ******* sham. How can any professional team on the biggest stage in all of professional sports not play to win? It baffles the mind. And how about those kids who look up to these players? What kind of message is that sending to them?

Bill Polian should be beaten and dragged through the streets of Indianapolis tonight.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:44 pm
@kickycan,
He's a hero.

the 72 Dolphins will give him a kiss next time they're in town.

j - e - t - s jets. gooooo jets.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:44 pm
@kickycan,
So where do the best and most experienced players come from?
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:50 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
a blow to the purity of the game.
. Are you shittin me? Thats what theyre doin by not losing any players to injury. They already have a bye week. WhT RE THEY PLAYING FOR BUT TO WIN THE PLAYOFFS.

hey, THATS WHY YOURE NOT AN NFL MANAGER
kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:52 pm
@roger,
I think they come from somewhere in a magical land called college, where drinks flow freely, low grades are changed for top-performing players, hot cheerleaders give them all their goodies, nobody ever sandbags, and they all want to win.

Why?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:53 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
a blow to the purity of the game.
. Are you shittin me? Thats what theyre doin by not losing any players to injury. They already have a bye week. WhT RE THEY PLAYING FOR BUT TO WIN THE PLAYOFFS.

hey, THATS WHY YOURE NOT AN NFL MANAGER

I understand that the NFL isn't pure by any sense, but what the **** would you think if your team was playing, you paid to see the ******* game, and they pulled a goddammed stunt like that. I mean, the game is ultimately for the fans, is it NOT!?
roger

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:55 pm
@kickycan,
You must think Santa is ultimately for the kids, right?
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:57 pm
I think the Bolts (Chargers) are going to win the Super Bowl.
kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:59 pm
@farmerman,
And another thing. How on earth does it help your team in the playoffs to lose a game? ANY game. Especially a team that hasn't been beaten once. Now they have been. I hope they pull the same **** next week and lose to the Bills too. Ooh, it doesn't matter, I'm sure you'd say, but momentum and how you roll into the playoffs does matter. Who do you think is in the better psychological place going into the playoffs: a team that is 16-0, or a team that is 14-2 with two losses in a row?

That's one reason why the Colts have the most wins over the last decade by FAR, and have only one Superbowl ring.

Mark my words, they will not make it to the Superbowl this year.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:03 pm
@roger,
I see your point. But look at all the other points I've made here. The NFL is a goddammed business. But if they are going to pretend to be there because they give a **** about the fans, then they should at least put on the dog and pony show. And what about my other points? You really think it's psychologically sound strategy if you're all about winning to LOSE?

And besides, my Steelers might not make the playoffs because of this bullshit!
Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:05 pm
@kickycan,
your Steelers kinda don't deserve to go.

(neither do the damn jets)

I like the Ravens now.

(I don't think Norv can win a super bowl, btw)
kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
If the Steelers don't make the playoffs, I wish the Bolts well.

Actually, if the Jets make it, I hope they beat the **** out of the Colts in the playoffs, and I hope they all come out in the post-game interviews and talk about what a confidence-builder this game was and how it was pivotal in giving them the strength to beat them in the playoffs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:07 pm
@kickycan,
whats a team that a first round bye would leave left to play to do? Theyre playing a big checker game, and its high stakes.
Quote:
my Steelers might not make the playoffs because of this bullshit

JEEZUS FUCKIN CHRISSAKES -Are you shittin me again?
Only teams that dont lose 5 in a fuckin row ahould be in the playoffs.
kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

your Steelers kinda don't deserve to go.

(neither do the damn jets)

I like the Ravens now.

How the hell can you say that? They lost their seven games by a total of like 25 points, they've had a lot of injuries, and they have had their best player (possibly the best player in the game) sidelined for almost the whole season! A healthy Steelers team will be a force to reckon with in two weeks, dude. Trust me.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:08 pm
@kickycan,
did you watch the Cleveland game?

fugly football it was...
kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:09 pm
@farmerman,
True. And they just made the equivalent of a move that leaves them open for a triple jump by their oponents. We'll see. Just watch how this turns out. They won't be happy at the end of this season, and every player on that team is going to look back on this game as the one that was their undoing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:11 pm
@Rockhead,
No, actually I didn't see the Browns game. Hell, I'm lucky I could even watch parts of the Colts game, with my brother's kids coming in every five seconds to jump on Uncle Kicky's balls or to scream about some damn thing or other all day. Little maniacs.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:12 pm
@kickycan,
you're a good uncle to share your balls with them.

best you missed the Cleveland game...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:13 pm
@kickycan,
Lotsa love in that room I see.
kickycan

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:16 pm
@farmerman,
It truly is a lovefest. Whenever I see the kids I'm reminded of the behind-the-scenes stories I have heard about the filming of The Wizard of Oz. Loud unruly drunken midgets run amok.
0 Replies