Today's the Day!!!

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:53 pm
It's Dec. 21. That means it's the Winter Solstice, the event we all celebrate each year, each in our own way. It's the festival of light(s) when the Sun, in its year-long journey, has decided to do an about face and linger longer from now on. The days will be getting longer and before you can say 'Jack Frost' it'll be Spring.

Oh, frabjous day!

(Apropos of that, I saw snow today. For some of you on the East Coast that probably sounds like a nightmare. But here in Hawaii that's extra special. This morning, 7 a.m., me going to the store to get morning papers, look up and see snow drifts on the flank of Mauna Loa. Look further and Mauna Kea's summit is totally covered with the white stuff, the buildings of the astronomical observatory all snowed-in. Fantastic!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,133 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Seed

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 02:04 pm
@Merry Andrew,
It is a great time of year. It means so many things. Little things, big things... my favorite of things.... not to long now before SPRING TRAINING!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:14 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I just got back from the slave shop. I bought a nice virgin to sacrifice this evening as we run naked around the Temple of Widgets
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:19 pm
I once looked forward to the cold, but this year I just want it to be spring.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
Each morning I sit beneath two of these curlikew flourescent lights with high output. This prevents me from going berserk and killing everyone at the Post Office.
Seed

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 04:12 pm
@farmerman,
So you say, that your kryptonite is florescent lighting?
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 05:11 pm
@Seed,
more like valium.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:26 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I just got back from the slave shop. I bought a nice virgin to sacrifice this evening as we run naked around the Temple of Widgets

Where th' hell do you find a nice virgin nowadays?
0 Replies