Thanks to butterflynet I went to the fabrics dictionary and got the temp ranges for Olefin. I then tried a teeny sample with an iron. NOWAY JOSE.
The olefin melts really easil and youd have to use a dryer at very low temps. HOWEVER, I did find a solution that really worked.
The candle was a soybean candle so the wax never gets really hard.
Soybean oil is an oil so any solvent would seem to cut it.
Isopropyl alcohol is our friend. I took a very dull knife and scoured the carpet to remove much of the heavier wax buildup. Then I vacuumed with a short furniture attachment.
THEN I took Paper towels steeped in alcohol and rubbed the wax. IT came off rather easily and didnt hurt the rug. I vacuumed with our Miele (this thingll suck your fillings out when the bag is empty)
And repeated the alcohol treatment.
The wall shows a bit of a grease stain from after muy treatment so Im gonna touch this up ith paint.
Its pretty much invisible .
Butterfly gets my red dot.