Deep manly thoughts....

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:30 am
Fortunately, Miss Cleo is a farter of legendary scale--and she smiles broadly whenever she farts. As she also smiles broadly when anyone else farts, it makes it just too easy . . .
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:30 am
At least you had a dog to blame it on ... then again, it was a fun challenge finding new ways to try to disperse blame!

Hey, setana, about the SUVs, I agree they're a big waste of fuel for an every-day vehicle. But what do you suggest for someone with a use for all the extra cargo space with gear that can't get wet?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:34 am
A steam turbine locomotive, perhaps? I could use me one of those....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:39 am
Easttree, i expressed this beef elsewhere in slightly different terms. Where i live, there is little such need. When i do see vehicles whose patina of mud suggests the situation to which you refer, it is usually a Jeep, more especially one of the off-road models. Otherwise, i see four-wheel drive vehicles which show they've been used for the intended purpose.

What i'm referring too are the suburbanites who buy these monsters for the status symbol. If you look at Ford Explorers from the mid-1990's, when my Jeep was built, you will see that they are only slightly larger than a Cherokee. But the newest models are ridiculously huge, and really offer little more than some extra cargo room. The owners are burning fuel at a horrendous rate, to take the kids to soccer practice, go to the grocery store, or simply to drive to work. I understand that this is their right, but it is a ridiculous waste of resources. They wash them, wax them, put expensive, showy tires and hub caps on them, and perish the thought that they would actually splatter any mud on them. It is also hilariously when the first ice or snow arrive. These people seem to think that driving SUV's is some sort of talisman against winter. At the beginning of winter, the ditches are full of SUV's. A few years ago, we had a "black ice" storm in early November. As i was driving to work, a distance of about six miles, i saw more than a dozen SUV's in ditches or the median strip, and the sun wasn't even up yet. I've also been run off the road in winter by SUV drivers who don't know how to handle the vehicle. Fortunately, Ol' Bessie will just keep on driving, i drive out of the ditch or median, and go on my way.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:39 am
I could use me a teleporter....why can't they hurry up the research on that already?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:41 am
Aw, you'd just put one in front of your easy chair, and the other in the bathroom, and use it like Homer Simpson.
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:43 am
Well, I agree with that for the most part -- I never had any reason for 4-wheel drive, so I never looked for it. But when I was playing gigs every night and hauling expensive gear hundreds of miles a month, the space of a (smaller) SUV was much appreciated. Though the gas mileage was a pain ...

As far as your experiences with people who don't know how to handle their vehicles, it happens everywhere. When I was living in DC, I hate to admit but I laughed my ass off when I saw someone in an overly-modded 4wd hit the iced-over snowy interstate around 60 and try to weave through traffic -- the vehicle just kept going over the othe rguard rail! Fortunately it wasn't the elevated protion ofthe highway.
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:46 am
Teleporter research is underway (right now it's only successful with subatomic particles)! And I just want to tell them to HURRY UP!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:00 am
I must admit, that Homer Simpson trick did indeed inspire me....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:02 am
Here's a thought....just because it is unfamiliar doesn't mean it's not real meat.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:04 am
If i put a piece of meat down, and stand three feet away and can't smell it, it's edible. Nothing a hot cast iron skillet can't kill in it . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:05 am
I also subscribe to the manly ten second rule of child feeding. If junior throws his food on the floor, and after having bopped him on his ass, you can pick it up and brush it off before ten seconds have elapsed, it's edible . . . and by god, you're gonna eat it ! ! !
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:16 am
roger wrote:
If you made up your bed when you got up today, it will still need to be done tomorrow.

Ye-es, let it be then. Be a man, and make your life more efficient.
(Warning, don't try to get married, or else, you have to enjoy the title "lazybones".) Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:37 am
I am unfamiliar with this phrase "making the bed"...I am no carpenter....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:39 am
That's why mattresses on the floor are so much better--you don't have to buy any tools. Besides, if you just use the same bed linen for three months and then buy new stuff, throwing out the old, the money you save on laundry more than makes up for the cost of the new bed linen.

(Edited because my dyslexia seems to focus on having no "n's" today.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:40 am
Good point Setanta.....I'm going to mention that to Mrs. cav...
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:46 pm
Too Easy, Gautam, too easy.

Hmm. . . manly thoughts. . . the only thought I have right now is why am I at work on a Friday night?
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:24 pm
This one's from work:

If another color, two more suits, were added to a deck of playing cards, wouls solitaire (free cell, poker, black jack . . .) be harder or easier -- or just different?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 11:10 am
Manly thought number 423.......

If you weren't supposed to jerk off in the shower God wouldn't have put shampoo and soap in there........
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 04:07 pm
Craven - wash your dishes in the beer - that way you save the brewery workers, your liver and the planet (no disposable dishes!)

.....I'd consider this a waste of good beer........
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:20:38