Dem voters: Fighting terrorism of little concern.

Brand X

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 09:00 am
Full story

Poll link PDF
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 688 • Replies: 5
No top replies

wolf

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 11:31 am
The only way to curtail international terrorism is to reform the CIA. Everybody knows it, only few dare to say it.
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 08:53 pm
These kinds of polls, numerically ranking concerns are fairly meaningless. When politicians go into full pander they say whatever the audience in front of them demands. Hence, if you recall, Bush was a great environmentlist, and the education president... whatever. Now if you polled Republicans, chances are they would put environment near the bottom of their concerns list... oddly, this might also be true of democrats. Depending on the moment, the news that prevails in the last several weeks, the current flurry of auto-think in the media... whatever makes those lists fluid.

People don't function by way of enumerated concerns. People are not averages. A man who lives by a waste dump whose three children have gotten immune diseases might be an environmentally concerned person. There's a problem in his house, he ranks the entire subject highly. A person seeking a good paying job and not lucking out will have a different priority. Democrat, republican or otherwise, something comes first to that person.

Democrats don't care about terrorism? Well, George Bush is a Republican, but he can't seem to ever come up with as many funds for protecting Americans from terrorism as he can tax breaks for his friends. Where is terrorism on his actual list? Not on his public serving lips, but on the list he keeps that makes him set real world policies? He was the education president... you recall that? But where, really, was that on his list? Getting votes by saying it was high on his list, I suspect.

I'm not a Repub, barely a democrat. Do I rank terrorism as a high concern? Not really, because I think that to do so is to live in reflexive fear. I place creating good will among the world's peoples higher on my list. This trumps terrorism to my way of thinking of it.

Do we live by fear or hope?
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 11:23 am
By hope, my friend. But it's being tested like never before.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 04:51 pm
Because the Bush administration has taken the terrorism issue and turned it into a self serving cash cow, and because they are targeting the wrong targets most of the time, Democrats are left out of the loop. Put something rational on the table and there will be Democrat support.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:40 pm
911 Attacks
These were the largest boon to the Neo-cons. They are milking every last drop of blood out of it that they can.
0 Replies