Care to share your little decisions for 2010?

George

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:00 am
@Letty,
Thanks, Letty.
Another decision: more WA2K!
I always find something new and different there.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:43 am
@Letty,
Thanks, Letty and George. It's a tough job market out there for an older guy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:47 am
@msolga,
same as before - the resolution I "borrowed" from piffka, which she modified from Jeanne de Seattle

more picnics!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 12:52 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
Care to share your little decisions for 2010?

I really have only one: No New Year resolutions this year! Not even little decisions! (Though this is itself a kinda-big decision.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:41 pm
<peeking in on Saturday morning>

Surprised

Hooray!!!!!

Some folk with commitment, resolve to better their lives! This is very positive indeed! Very Happy Wink

George, good luck with A2K religion avoidance. A worthy aim indeed! (But will you require a little help to achieve that, I wonder? Is there some special therapy program which could assist? I think Letty will offer you all moral support! Smile )

Ah, Bear. Sigh. I know, I know ... Neutral

Reyn, wishing you the very best with finding work. Hang in there. Just when you're least expecting it ..... ! Smile

MORE PICNICS! Excellent, excellent ehBeth! Very Happy
I am hereby offering you my total support in achieving this admirable goal. In fact, I've added it to my list! Good thinking!

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 07:02 pm
I checked you tube but couldn't find a video of Paul Kelly's Little Decisions to post here. I suppose the next best thing is the lyrics. I like his attitude! Smile :

Little decisions

Hard times are never over
Trouble always comes
Still I'm looking forward
To tomorrow when it comes
I've done a little damage
To myself, I didn't care
There are things a man can't manage
And that's the devil's share

Little decisions are the kind I can make
Big resolutions are so easy to break
I don't want to hear about your big decisions

Work a little harder
Keep your mind on death
Get your things in order
Take a deeper breath
If drinking is the problem
Then drink a little less
If guilt becomes a burden
Find a friend, confess

Little decisions are the kind I can make
Big resolutions are so easy to break
I don't want to hear about your big decisions

`
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 07:13 pm
@msolga,
A spiral of seemingly minor transgressions adding up to a larger sense of gloom. Junk food here and a foot long subway there - comfort eating might help my mood in the immediate time but in dietary and mood terms it might be one step forward and three steps back.

Plus, refraining from buying junk food and eating it in one sitting might help me be more financially disciplined.

Of course, this has to be taken in small steps. I might buy a bag of Smart food popcorn and only eat a third of a day for a snack.

Not too noble ... but its a start.
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 07:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Of course, this has to be taken in small steps. I might buy a bag of Smart food popcorn and only eat a third of a day for a snack.

Not too noble ... but its a start.

An admirable start, tsar! And I am wishing you well. Smile

Quote:
A spiral of seemingly minor transgressions adding up to a larger sense of gloom.

I know, I know ... (& this can apply not necessarily to food! Wink )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:33 pm
@Letty,
Quote:
I'm with "candle" George on this one. No politics; No religion, msolga

Sorry, Letty, I somehow missed this post, earlier. So you're adding politics to the "omitted" list, too? That won't be too easy to block out. I guess you'll be playing a lot of music in 2010? Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:01 am
@msolga,
Quote:
I am going to try (very hard!) to make serious inroads into my woeful procrastination problem! I would love to waltz into any given appointment cool, calm & collected ... as opposed to a flying, flustered arrival. Just making it by the seat of my pants. Now this would be progress!!!! Very Happy

I have progress to report! (And it's not even 2010 yet!)

This afternoon at 3, another person & I had a meeting with the new mayor.

(Admittedly the shire offices are but a 5 minute walk from here, but ...) I arrived 5 minutes early! And was able to make a serene, calm & composed entry! This was rather good. I even enjoyed it! Very Happy
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:13 am
@msolga,
Good start, keep it up!
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:35 am
@ossobuco,
Thank you, osso! Very Happy
I really appreciate your support in this! (You have no idea of the extent of my little problem, I tell you! Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 01:27 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
I'm still trying to get a job of some kind.

Sigh. Me too, Reyn.

If we just keep at it, something WILL work out. (In the meantime, I am SO darned sick of cleaning the house!)
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 01:31 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
I arrived 5 minutes early! And was able to make a serene, calm & composed entry! This was rather good. I even enjoyed it! Very Happy

Funny, I have the opposite problem, really. I'm early for everything... every appointment, and particularly work. I have to park my car nearby and comb my hair or something while I'm waiting for the Actual Work Time to arrive.

I always think, "What if there's an accident, and I'm 15 minutes late?" So I'm always 15 minutes early. A bit obsessive, in my opinion.

Can you send me some lateness, please? And I'll send you some earliness, OK?
sullyfish6

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 01:39 pm
2009 was a **** year: lost my husband to colon cancer, had to put my 87 year old mother in a nursing home.

Things are not going to bother me much any more. I'm going to expect the FU for most things involving paperwork or plans. Let more music in my life. Cook more and Drink more wine. Be more spontaneous. Love more casually. Travel more. Nurture my grandkids.

My plans are going to written firmly in sand.
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 01:54 pm
@sullyfish6,
These sound like great plans. Good on ya!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 06:09 am
@BorisKitten,
Quote:
Can you send me some lateness, please? And I'll send you some earliness, OK?

Done! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 06:10 am
@BorisKitten,
And good luck with the job hunt, BK!
Fingers crossed for you.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 06:12 am
@sullyfish6,
Quote:
2009 was a **** year: lost my husband to colon cancer, had to put my 87 year old mother in a nursing home.

Things are not going to bother me much any more. I'm going to expect the FU for most things involving paperwork or plans. Let more music in my life. Cook more and Drink more wine. Be more spontaneous. Love more casually. Travel more. Nurture my grandkids.

My plans are going to written firmly in sand.

Onward & upward, sullyfish! Smile

0 Replies