A personal relationship with God.

Intrepid

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:08 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Just checking to see if any maturity and relevant content has returned to this thread. Guess not.

Not as long as Jason and Ionus are still in the sandbox, hogging all the toys. They're cute, though, those two little imps, ain't they?

Babies are cute. Oh, wait.......
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:20 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Sure you did.Worst attempt to recover yet.

Calm down, curly...I guess you would like to set up a meaningless argument about the use of relevant words.

Quote:
Very Happy Your lack of a volcabulary is very hurtful. Very Happy

Are you having one of those episodes?
"volcabulary"? Come on!

Quote:
A week has seven complete cycles of the earths rotation.

Do you believe this or you know it?

Quote:
For you, that is going to school 5 times plus 2 holidays. Now do you see how long that is ?

This is the most complete explanation you have given so far...and that's good, because that shows me that you're actually learning something.

Quote:
Do you really believe philosophy is a science ?

I don't believe it...I know...if you went to college, you would've known this already...oh, wait...you are self-educated...

Quote:
Two people can reach the same conclusion ?

If you meant to say:" Can two people reach the same conclusion?" the answer would be "yes".

Quote:
One persons philosophy is empirical to another's ?

So what? What is the point?

Quote:
Philosophy is a bar fight between people with dictionaries.

And this is your argument which explains philosophy as being excluded from science? Come on!
Quote:

Never occurred to you your ideas were wrong.

Are you being sarcastic? or do you actually mean it? Because if you mean it, can tell you that you've been babbling about me being wrong all this time...are you having one of those psychotic moments?

Quote:
This is called arrogance and stupidity.

And my lack of "volcabulary" is very hurtful.

Quote:
It is not science.

So...answer me this...how come that academia calls philosophy a "science". What is your explanation of this phenomenon?
...do us all a favor and go to college.
Quote:

I have no interest in homosexuality, thank you for your interest though.

Rolling Eyes...ooookkkaaayyy....

Quote:
I also accept that you were wrong.

That's good...we're making progress...

Quote:
Books are not DEAD LINKS. Some people even hold them in high regard.

You don't know what a link is, in computer term?
This is a link: http://www.indiana.edu/~poynter/tre1-2.html
Now that "we" know what a link is...I know that books aren't links...you provided links to the quotes of the books that you provided...the links didn't go anywhere...I had to find where you got it from...like an investigation...remember? Just like implementing the scientific method.

Quote:
and you think this is a quote supporting a LACK of scientific dogma ?

The scientific method defines "science"...if the scientific method is wrong, so is science...this is excluded from men who discriminate...dogmatic men in science...creationist pseudo science is not science; it's dogmatic, because it doesn't follow the scientific method.

Quote:
and an open mind free of the scientific dogma of his day

You don't seem to understand me at all...you're trying to present the mention of "dogma" in every quote, thinking that those quotes mean that science is dogmatic...some people are dogmatic in science, but the scientific method is not dogmatic, and since the scientific method defines science...science is not dogmatic...

Quote:
Science is dogmatic because the vast majority of scientists are dogmatic.

If that so...those that make science dogmatic? Is it because of the vast majority or because of the scientific method being dogmatic?

Quote:
When true genius comes along they correctly use science to advance humanity
But the true genius that came alone used the scientific method in order to advance humanity...that genius implemented science...if you want to advance human knowledge, science can't be dogmatic...or it stops being science...

Quote:
Lets have a guess...99% of the time science is dogmatic.

Oh...a guess...instead of doing a research, you "throw" a blind guess...how scientific of you.

Quote:
It is not within science. It is within the scientific method. Science is dogmatic.

Are you actually saying that the scientific method is dogmatic?

Quote:
Your boyfriends probably had bias. Remember that word ? Bias ?

I know that the purpose of those innuendos is the attempt to figure out whether I am homosexual...because you would like to be my boyfriend. And no, I'm not homosexual...and by the way... I'm already taken.

Quote:
It is obvious you are having a great deal of trouble understanding anything. You quote mine but you cant even do that properly( meaning these : Evolution is half thought out ?The Laws of Thermodynamics are vague ? The Speed of Light is a maybe ?) , but still manage to accuse me of doing it. Can you see the question mark ? You should have left it out because it gives you away. I was asking you if those were absolute truths. Do you think they might be right ? (you see that is another question mark).

Well...obviously you can't even follow the rules of writing a comprehensive sentence...if you actually meant that these questions were intended to ask me if they were absolute truths, you should have had included a sentence that at least implied it...and it didn't matter if I left the question marks or not...they still imply that you have the indoctrination of a creationist...I also included a sentence describing the silly assumption about afterlife that you gave...so what do you call that...that was a good try, though.

Quote:
By the way, you then posted a dead link.

I was right...you don't know what a "dead link is"...

Quote:
I repeat, name me one change in evolution that was not an accident.

As soon as we address the argument of "dogma in science"...be a little organized...this is an entire new topic...let's finish with this one, and I'll be kind enough to educate you on evolution.

I wrote this:
Quote:
Only an uneducated creationist would say something like this...someone with no knowledge of natural science...just the insane ideas of some creationists.

You responded:
Quote:
This statement is dogmatic.

Why do you always use inappropriate words? You are mistaking "dogma" with "honesty".

Quote:
Despite a lack of knowledge you have followed your faith based on previous experience.

This is another example of creationist mumbo jumbo...now get a dictionary!

Quote:
Now do you understand ?

Yes...I do...for a long time now.

Quote:
If it swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck...but if you think like a blind fool...then you're a philosophiser.

Since I know you like my "copy and paste" jobs....I'm going to leave you with this:

http://gcaptain-s3.s3.amazonaws.com/maritime/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/hanjin-pennsylvania-fireworks-explosion.GIF

Interpret it as you want...
Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:33 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
You are narcistic to the point of stupidity. You do know we are the only two reading this dribble you are coming out with, dont you ?
Your mechanism is to analyse every word I say and respond to it. Thank you, but it was written as a whole..as usual you are missing the point.
Quote:
If that so...those that make science dogmatic?
Deep breathing...now..what the hell are you talking about ? May I quote from you ?
Quote:
Well...obviously you can't even follow the rules of writing a comprehensive sentence...
Quote:
A week has seven complete cycles of the earths rotation. - Do you believe this or you know it?
What do you think a week is ?
Quote:
For you, that is going to school 5 times plus 2 holidays. Now do you see how long that is ? - This is the most complete explanation you have given so far...and that's good, because that shows me that you're actually learning something.
Yes. I am learning you think you know everything but require the most basic things to be explained.
Quote:
One persons philosophy is empirical to another's ? - So what? What is the point?
Again, you cant see the question mark. That makes it a question.
Quote:
Are you being sarcastic?
I am more worried I am being sadistic. Youse dumb !
Quote:
Your lack of "vocabulary" is very hurtful.
Now see I was being sarcastic there. Never mind. Keep trying.
Quote:
you provided links to the quotes of the books that you provided
What is wrong with your library ? They threw you out for cutting and pasting ?
Quote:
how come that academia calls philosophy a "science".
Only under the broadest definition can philosophy be called science. It is usually offered as an add on to science to improve debating skills. Something you would be aware of if you bothered to research it.
Quote:
thinking that those quotes mean that science is dogmatic
That is exactly what those quotes mean.
Quote:
but the scientific method is not dogmatic, and since the scientific method defines science
Defining anything is not the end of the matter. There is still flesh to be put on the bones. The problem arises in the steps below :
Quote:
5. Analyze the data.
6. Interpret the data and make conclusions that point to a hypothesis.
Human beings have vested interests and scientists are not God. They make mistakes and then defend them out of sheer embarrasement like you. Science is dogmatic.
Quote:
But the true genius that came alone used the scientific method in order to advance humanity...that genius implemented science...if you want to advance human knowledge, science can't be dogmatic...or it stops being science...
That is your conclusion. Mine is science is dogmatic but it is led into new eras but great men, true scientists who can implement the scientific method accurately without influence from their human and fallible nature.
Quote:
I was right...you don't know what a "dead link is"...
In your delusion does the link work ?
Quote:
"volcabulary"?
Didnt we agree you were going to be my spellchecker ? After all you cant check your own spelling. You are too far up yourself for that. God knows it is right on the limits of your capabilities and should be a challenge that improves you.
Quote:
And no, I'm not homosexual...
So you are unaware of your gayness ? Just look at your avatar. Could it be any more gay ?
Quote:
and by the way... I'm already taken.
Please convey my condolences.
And you are not fooling anyone. It is obvious you are a creationist. Your worship of philosophisers like Aristotle, whom the Catholic church held in such high regard it took hundreds of years for him to be overturned. They now have a new look on science, thanks to throwing out the philosophers. This makes your intent obvious : you are a creationist and are arguing to damage science.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 11:23 am
OH MY GOD WOULD YOU TWO SHUT THE **** UP.
spendius

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 12:04 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Now, now Queenie!!! That's no way for a young English lady to express herself.

We have our image to think of. We don't want an international audience to witness Aberdeen quayside fish-gutter expressionism coming from young ladies of sophistication and refinement.

Suppose you become famous as a newsreader on Sky Television and a viper from the Daily Star discovered that you had said a thing like that. Anna Botting would never have spoken in such a tone. Your O.B.E would be liquidated in a quick flash.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 02:07 pm
@spendius,
In this case, I would say that Pentacle Queen is justified.
spendius

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 02:34 pm
@Intrepid,
I wasn't saying that Queenie wasn't justified in expressing the sentiment she did. It was the coarse manner she chose I was commenting on.

What will people think of our young ladies when they see one as talented and beautiful as Queenie stoop to such uncouth language and after the privileged education she has had at the taxpayer's expense.

But she is the Thread-mistress so I suppose I ought to accede to her privilege to say what goes.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 03:03 pm
@spendius,
Talent and beauty trump course language. Smile
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 03:17 pm
@spendius,
Actually spendy, I asked a question of you some time back. If you are not too busy ?
spendius

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 04:07 pm
@Ionus,
I'm sorry I missed your question Ionus. If you would care to remind me what it was I'll see what I can do about answering it.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 04:42 pm
@spendius,
Without a reminder, it could take you days to wade through that muck.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 04:58 pm
@spendius,
I think being talented and beautiful (???) with a knightsbridge accent and then saying **** and drinking loads has a nice aesthetic.
spendius

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 05:55 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Not really Queenie. Princess Anne can do it better I gather.

A "nice aesthetic" can never be run of the mill. And "shut the **** up" is really run of the mill.

Drinking loads usually results in the simian ancestry being flaunted in my experience.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 06:12 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Quote:
OH MY GOD WOULD YOU TWO SHUT THE **** UP.

I would give anything to hear that accent...even Ionus's first born.

0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 06:15 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:

Anything is justified to you, Intrepid...
Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 06:30 pm
@spendius,
Certainly.
Quote:
spendius : I have experimentally induced such experiences ("personal God experiences") . Many times in fact. More than I dare admit. And "Oh my God!!" was a constant theme.

Quote:
Ionus : OK, now you have me curious. Several native tribes experience a closeness to God with minor amounts of drugs. Our early ancestors used rhythmic chanting to induce hallucinations. What was your technique ?

Thanks.
fresco

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 06:34 pm
@Ionus,
Spendius probably uses the "Carlsberg Special" technique.
Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 06:39 pm
@fresco,
Perhaps. Intelligence is a mental inadequacy in other areas. Ordinary people worship intelligence because it is helpful to them, regardless of the cost to the intelligent. If spendy likes a drink, good luck to him. I am against any forms of drugs, having fought alcoholism most of my life but I know to draw the line in a humane manner.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 06:55 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Quote:

Anything is justified to you, Intrepid...

Not quite, Bozo
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 08:03 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
You are narcistic to the point of stupidity.

Don't be silly...

Quote:
You do know we are the only two reading this dribble you are coming out with, dont you ?

Are you sure about that? Why are you worried about other people reading what we post? Aren't you concerned about learning? I'm being very patient with you...because I know that education is very important for any individual...especially someone who taught himself the art of nonsensical science.

Quote:
Your mechanism is to analyse every word I say and respond to it.

In any system that requires the written word, people are liable for whatever they write. This is a written discussion on an online forum...it should apply here...unless you don't consider yourself a person.

Quote:
Thank you, but it was written as a whole..as usual you are missing the point.

What the hell are you saying?

I wrote this:
Quote:
If that so...those that make science dogmatic?

You answered:
Quote:
Deep breathing...now..what the hell are you talking about ? May I quote from you ?

Thank you for providing those quotes...but did you read the following question that clarifies the first one?:

The second question I wrote:
Quote:
Is it because of the vast majority or because of the scientific method being dogmatic?

Is it clear now?
Quote:

What do you think a week is ?

I simply asked you whether you believed this or not, because the only reason you know what is a week (using all those scientific terms) is because of the scientific method...because of science...how ironic of you.

Quote:
Yes. I am learning you think you know everything but require the most basic things to be explained.

I'm very thrilled to know you're learning...but I'm not the one requiring a simple explanation of logic...it is you who make the simple...complex.

Quote:
Again, you cant see the question mark. That makes it a question.

From this answer, you're making me think you don't understand philosophy at all...in reality there are empirical analyses that describe the natural problems of any given proposition...these problems require the use of logic to understand them and attempt to solve them through reason...because philosophy is the science of understanding the world around us...so, again...what is the relevancy of your question?

Quote:
I am more worried I am being sadistic.

You're being self-aggrandized

Quote:
Youse dumb

There are many, many, many written words that exactly describe your persona...and those aren't very pleasing to the eye...believe me.
Quote:

Now see I was being sarcastic there. Never mind. Keep trying.

You're a pussycat...you have no argument...straw men anybody?

Quote:
What is wrong with your library ? They threw you out for cutting and pasting ?

Not at all...in fact, I'm a firm "believer" that a picture is worth a 1000 words:

http://neoavatara.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wizardscarcrowclose.jpg
By the way...he needs the same thing as you...

Quote:
Only under the broadest definition can philosophy be called science.

Where did you get all this nonsense? Tell me something...if you know anything about philosophy(that is a big "IF"), and know the mechanics of it, show me what philosophy does differently from" science"...concerning the scientific method:
* Ask a Question
* Do Background Research
* Construct a Hypothesis
* Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
* Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
* Communicate Your Results
Quote:

It is usually offered as an add on to science to improve debating skills.

This is more poppycock

Quote:
Something you would be aware of if you bothered to research it.

The thing that you don't know is that I have already did the research...unlike you, I don't do any guess work.

Quote:
That is exactly what those quotes mean.

Again, science is the scientific method...if the scientific method is dogmatic, so is science...can you show me what part of the scientific method is dogmatic? is it the "Ask a Question" part? or is it the "Do Background Research" part? or is it "Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment"? or is it "Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion"? or could it be the Communicate Your Results" part? or is it all of the above? if so, can you explain why? This is very interesting...you have to understand that you have never been exposed to critical thinking and I'm the one helping you understand it...ain't life good?

Quote:
Defining anything is not the end of the matter. There is still flesh to be put on the bones. The problem arises in the steps below :

You have to understand that we have come up with words that only us humans have provided definition to...you have to use those words properly, especially in any medium of communication...this is something you seem not to understand...philosophy exclusively deals with this.
Quote:

Human beings have vested interests and scientists are not God.

Assuming that there is a god to begin with...which pretty much falls on assumption.

Quote:
They make mistakes and then defend them out of sheer embarrasement like you. Science is dogmatic.

Scientist make mistakes, like you and I...the only way that those mistakes can be found and later corrected is by using the scientific method...if it weren't for the scientific method, those mistakes would've remained facts...which is the very opposite of discrimination (bias, dogma, etc). I'm telling you...words have meanings....use the right words.

Quote:
That is your conclusion. Mine is science is dogmatic but it is led into new eras but great men, true scientists who can implement the scientific method accurately without influence from their human and fallible nature.

You are knee deep into your own nonsense...let's see if this makes sense to you: The scientific method is science, and science has helped advance humanity with the understanding of the natural world...people can be dogmatic...since science is the scientific method, and the scientific method has helped advance humanity with the understanding of the natural world, science is not dogmatic...if some scientists are dogmatic, science is not dogmatic... because science is defined by the scientific method...the two (science and people) are not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
In your delusion does the link work ?

You know that you're wrong...and you still clinging to nonsensical statements...you are very dishonest.
Quote:

Didnt we agree you were going to be my spellchecker ?

And that's not all...I also wanted to add that you're too lazy to proof read and correct your errors... you're not being very scientific.

Quote:
After all you cant check your own spelling.

Who else checks my spelling for me...the holy ghost?

Quote:
You are too far up yourself for that.

Twisted Evil
Quote:
God knows it is right on the limits of your capabilities and should be a challenge that improves you.

Assuming that there is a god, my friend.

Quote:
Please convey my condolences.

Thank you...I will...
Quote:

And you are not fooling anyone. It is obvious you are a creationist.

Another episode...I presume?

Quote:
Your worship of philosophisers like Aristotle, whom the Catholic church held in such high regard it took hundreds of years for him to be overturned
Another proof from a dishonest creationist.
Do you think Aristotle actually believed in god? have you read any of his work? Have you read plato's works...try reading "The Apologist" by Plato...and you tell me if they believed in god or gods...you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
They now have a new look on science, thanks to throwing out the philosophers.

You don't know what you're talking about...who do you think first found out that the Earth was round? Who first measured the Earth circumference with accuracy? Who first discovered that humans evolved from microscopy organisms? Was it today science? Come on! You are doing us all a disservice by not attending school. Do the research!

Quote:
This makes your intent obvious : you are a creationist and are arguing to damage science.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/cg53_explosion.jpg

Twisted Evil