A personal relationship with God.

Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 11:36 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
You are narcistic to the point of stupidity....
and you reply -
Quote:
Don't be silly...
Good comeback ! Have a look at your avatar...what does that say ? A self absorbed homosexual who has convinced himself he is clever whilst believing in creationism..who thinks it would take a week to list all his credentials...slow talker ?
Quote:
Why are you worried...
Incorrect assumption.
Quote:
people are liable for whatever they write
But not you...people make allowances for you dont they :
Quote:
If that so...those that make science dogmatic?
Quote:
people are liable...
If that were true, you would be flogged to within an inch of your life for the dribble you come up with.
Quote:
the only reason you know what is a week (using all those scientific terms) is because of the scientific method...because of science...
The only reason I know what a week is, is because Sumerian priests chose it, not scientists.
Quote:
From this answer, you're making me think you don't understand philosophy at all...in reality there are empirical analyses that describe the natural problems of any given proposition...these problems require the use of logic to understand them and attempt to solve them through reason...because philosophy is the science of understanding the world around us...
You get all that out of you missing a question mark ? Thank God it wasnt an exclamation mark, or something really serious like a comma. That would have put you into a coma.
Quote:
You're being self-aggrandized
What ever your native tongue is, can you please stop interspersing it with english ?
Quote:
There are many, many, many written words...
Be honest...three words and a question mark are too much for you.
Quote:
...you have no argument...straw men anybody?
It is always important to you to declare it irrelevant if you dont understand.
Quote:
show me what philosophy does differently from" science"..
It can not be reproduced experimentally, it is based on personal experience not empirical observations. Two people will always see two things differently. It is dogmatic in the extreme...just look at the trouble you are having with my philosophy ...though in fairness you probably have trouble supporting an ice cream, never mind an argument. More weights required for you, bubs.
Quote:
...can you show me what part of the scientific method is dogmatic?
I did. Maybe you were having a moment of self infatuation and missed it.
Quote:
I'm telling you...words have meanings....
You are a bit late in realising this.
Quote:
If that so...those that make science dogmatic? AND You're being self-aggrandized
Words have meaning and if you would stop torturing the english language it would be appreciated.
Quote:
Who else checks my spelling for me...the holy ghost?
Going by you spelling and sentence construction, I would say you have more chance of that then you thinking you made a mistake. You are so far up yourself, you think you have an education that would take a week to list ....sure...a legend in your own mind.
Quote:
who do you think first found out that the Earth was round? Who first measured the Earth circumference with accuracy?
Scientists. Not philosophers.
Quote:
you are very dishonest
This from a narcistic gay jerk who watched a doco on evolution and thinks his credentials would take a week to list ? Really ?
Quote:
I also wanted to add that you're too lazy to proof read and correct your errors...
You cant see how this applies to you ? Damn, you are REALLY up yourself. Turn the light on in there, so a proctologist can rescue you.
Quote:
Do you think Aristotle actually believed in god?
This is how really screwed up your brain is...this is your example of a strawman. The Catholic Church held Aristotle in high regard...this is not proof of the reciprocal...now do you understand ?
I repeat, in your delusion does the link work ?
I repeat, name me one example of an evolutionary process that wasnt an accident.
Are you sure I am ONLY self educated ? I know your abhorrance of facts, but I would be keen to know. Did you determine this using the scientific method ? Or is it your philosophy that the world is not as smart as you ? (sorry about the question mark - I kow those little dickenses baffle you) All those qualifications ....more than a week you say ?
tenderfoot

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 01:47 am
Ionus.
I have read all rubbish that you have said..... I " believe " you are the son of a baptist preacher and you have been been home educated, I " believe " you are about 17 - 18 years of age.. I have faith in my belief, so it must be true.
Jason has been very kind to you and patient beyond belief... try out some of what he's telling you, be a adult for your goddesses sake.
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 02:10 am
@tenderfoot,
Your opinion can be proven wrong. Proudtoomuch has been very kind to himself..excessively so.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 05:18 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ionus : OK, now you have me curious. Several native tribes experience a closeness to God with minor amounts of drugs. Our early ancestors used rhythmic chanting to induce hallucinations. What was your technique ?

I was speaking of the Goddess actually. And fresco is on the right track. Champagne beats lager.
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 06:52 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Good comeback !

Why...thanks!

Quote:
Have a look at your avatar...

Yes...I did...

Quote:
what does that say ?

It doesn't say anything...it's a picture.

Quote:
A self absorbed homosexual who has convinced himself he is clever whilst believing in creationism..who thinks it would take a week to list all his credentials...slow talker ?

Is that what you see...homosexuality in me? Are you having another episode...doesn't your caretaker keep donepezil (Aricept), galantamine (Reminyl), and rivastigmine (Exelon) at hand? Is this what you've been indoctrinated to believe...that being homosexual is wrong? Can't you see it, that by you thinking that homosexuality is wrong, makes you a bigot...that means you're biased...and childish...This supports everything I said about you.

Quote:
It can not be reproduced experimentally, it is based on personal experience not empirical observations. Two people will always see two things differently.

What can't be reproduced experimentally? Can it be thought out...reasoned? So what if two people can see two things differently...what the hell does that have to do about philosophy not being a science?

Quote:
It is dogmatic in the extreme...just look at the trouble you are having with my philosophy

If "your philosophy" does not conform with reason, then "your philosophy" is wrong...therefore is not science...it's something entirely different...how can I make you understand this?

Quote:
...though in fairness you probably have trouble supporting an ice cream, never mind an argument. More weights required for you, bubs.

Twisted Evil

Quote:
This is how really screwed up your brain is...this is your example of a strawman. The Catholic Church held Aristotle in high regard

So what if any church liked Aristotle? What does it have to do with his work? He was a thinker...he reasoned with his human brain...what do you think would've happened to Aristotle if he said he didn't believe in the supernatural? What do you think the government would've done to him? Read his work and you'll see what I'm talking about...and guess what happened to Socrates? Do the investigation before coming up with more nonsense.

Quote:
...this is not proof of the reciprocal...now do you understand ?

I understand you're confused...yes...
Quote:
I repeat, in your delusion does the link work ?
I repeat, name me one example of an evolutionary process that wasnt an accident.

And I'll be able to teach you some evolutionary science...I'll be super patient with you...since this is an entire new topic, why don't you start a thread addressing this topic? I'll be more than thrilled!
Quote:
Are you sure I am ONLY self educated ?

You're not educated at all...from my point of view...and from the point of view of other here at A2K.
Quote:

I know your abhorrance of facts, but I would be keen to know.

What facts have you presented? You haven't backed up anything...you have provided irrelevant quotes that you have taken out of context...
Quote:
Did you determine this using the scientific method ?

Yes..
Quote:
Or is it your philosophy that the world is not as smart as you ?

The world is teeming with smart people...it is here that I haven't been shown any intelligence whatsoever...and it was my philosophy, the only philosophy there is... the power of being able to reason.

Quote:
(sorry about the question mark - I kow those little dickenses baffle you) All those qualifications ....more than a week you say ?

I'm doing better...before it took me a whole month to educate someone about the concept of reality...you are a charm! Twisted Evil
Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 06:54 am
@tenderfoot,
I thought he was younger...well, two "beliefs" can't be right...or can it?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:56 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Champagne beats lager.
You do know such opinions can be beaten out of you ? Any Liverpudian pub would be too happy to re-educate you.
spendius

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 05:40 pm
@Ionus,
I don't do what chaps drink mate. I drink it but we were talking about something else.
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 05:45 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Quote:
Why...thanks!
Now this is why I feel sadistic arguing with you.
Quote:
It doesn't say anything...it's a picture. AND I'm a firm "believer" that a picture is worth a 1000 words:
This highlights the problem with Philosophy and why it will never be a science. It is in the hands of fools who dont understand science but want to feel important anyway. You cant keep your philosophy/opinion straight. What hope is their when two people are involved ?
Quote:
doesn't your caretaker keep donepezil (Aricept), galantamine (Reminyl), and rivastigmine (Exelon) at hand?
Never heard of those drugs but it is interesting that you have...
Quote:
Is that what you see...homosexuality in me?...that being homosexual is wrong?
I think you would feel free if you came out of the closet. I dont think homosexuality is wrong, just you. You have the gayest avatar, and you think you are straight ? More gay pride required, proudmoore.
Quote:
This supports everything I said about you.
Wrong. You think it supports everything you assumed.

Quote:
What can't be reproduced experimentally? Can it be thought out...reasoned? So what if two people can see two things differently...what the hell does that have to do about philosophy not being a science?
Dam yous dum !! Science depends on two different people getting the same result. Now do you understand ?? (Hahahaha of course you dont. I am being funny ...or sadistic...)

Quote:
What can't be reproduced experimentally?
Philosophy, dipshit. Try to keep up.
Quote:
Can it be thought out...reasoned?

Meaning of Reason...
(v. t.) To find by logical processes; to explain or justify by reason or argument; -- usually with out; as, to reason out the causes of the librations of the moon.
(v. t.) To overcome or conquer by adducing reasons; -- with down; as, to reason down a passion.
(n.) Ratio; proportion.
(n.) To converse; to compare opinions.
(n.) A thought or a consideration offered in support of a determination or an opinion; a just ground for a conclusion or an action; that which is offered or accepted as an explanation; the efficient cause of an occurrence or a phenomenon; a motive for an action or a determination; proof, more or less decisive, for an opinion or a conclusion; principle; efficient cause; final cause; ground of argument.
(n.) Due exercise of the reasoning faculty; accordance with, or that which is accordant with and ratified by, the mind rightly exercised; right intellectual judgment; clear and fair deductions from true principles; that which is dictated or supported by the common sense of mankind; right conduct; right; propriety; justice.
(v. t.) To persuade by reasoning or argument; as, to reason one into a belief; to reason one out of his plan.
(n.) The faculty or capacity of the human mind by which it is distinguished from the intelligence of the inferior animals; the higher as distinguished from the lower cognitive faculties, sense, imagination, and memory, and in contrast to the feelings and desires. Reason comprises conception, judgment, reasoning, and the intuitional faculty. Specifically, it is the intuitional faculty, or the faculty of first truths, as distinguished from the understanding, which is called the discursive or ratiocinative faculty.
(n.) To exercise the rational faculty; to deduce inferences from premises; to perform the process of deduction or of induction; to ratiocinate; to reach conclusions by a systematic comparison of facts.
(n.) Hence: To carry on a process of deduction or of induction, in order to convince or to confute; to formulate and set forth propositions and the inferences from them; to argue.
(v. t.) To support with reasons, as a request.
(v. t.) To arrange and present the reasons for or against; to examine or discuss by arguments; to debate or discuss; as, I reasoned the matter with my friend.
Now I bet you are going to read that with rose coloured glasses and not see anything that goes against your opinion.
Quote:
So what if any church liked Aristotle? What does it have to do with his work?
I explained it. Get an english speaker to read it to you. Clearly language is not your forte.
I read Plato and Aristotle and was learning latin before you had your first gayness. I was at Uni doing my first degree before you were born.
Quote:
You're not educated at all...from my point of view...and from the point of view of other here at A2K.
Would you please understand for once ? Your point of view does not count. Your boyfriends do not count. They are biased. I have silly little pieces of paper that say what my credentials are, and they dont take a week to list. No doubt someone who is over educated for their intelligence feels they are very clever having bits of paper. To me, I have never been challenged academically...it is all too easy. Most degrees are within the range of 115 IQ. Your pathos is due to your struggle to read and comprehend, and has been amply demonstrated here..but you think you are doing well !!!
Quote:
it is here that I haven't been shown any intelligence whatsoever
it is here that you haven't shown any intelligence whatsoever
Quote:
Quote:
(Ionus)Did you determine this using the scientific method ?

Quote:
(Gayson)Yes..
Then I should be able to achieve the same result. Lead on, McDuff...
Quote:
and it was my philosophy, the only philosophy there is
Yes. We have previously identified the problem.
I repeat : More than a week to list all your qualifications ?
I repeat : Name me one evolutionary result that was not accidental.
Those four links do point to web sites with a little bit of intelligence guiding the process. Your link however is truly dead but you think it works because of the terminology I am using.
Quote:
the power of being able to reason.
Check your single triple A battery. I think you have run out of power.
(Seriously) Have a Merry Christmas, Jason.
High Seas

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 05:51 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

You're not educated at all...from my point of view..[...]I'm doing better...before it took me a whole month to educate someone ...

Your education has been sadly neglected; your signature line, which reads >
Quote:
Signature It is Homer who has chiefly taught other poets the art of telling lies skillfully >Aristotle<

> is a mistranslation of the original. You're probably too ignorant to locate the original or even a decent translation of Aristotle..>
Quote:

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0055%3Asection%3D1456a
> but if you spend more time reading and less time typing you may in time discover that Homer, being the first poet of Western Civilization, taught the others to tell epic tales skillfully...
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 05:51 pm
@spendius,
You seem intelligent and thoughful, but I cant help but think of Monty Python's Upper Class Twit track and field events when I think of you. I say this out of honesty, not desire to hurt your feelings. I knew an english lord, a young fellow hitch hiking around the world before going home to study. We had some interesting conversations as I drove us through some flood waters in the late seventies. Ever since I have thought of the english aristocracy as people who dont like the system but feel it is a bit of a bother to change it. In my mind I picture you as that young english lord. I hope this doesnt offend you.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 05:52 pm
I think that Queenie ought to tighten up her disciplinary procedures.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 06:03 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Champagne beats lager.
I think I get it now. But decorum prevents me from stating it. Some subtly is always a bit lost on me, especially where transoceanic quips are concerned.
“The finest works of art are precious, among other reasons, because they make it possible for us to know, if only imperfectly and for a little while, what it actually feels like to think subtly and feel nobly” I see fat nudey women and finger paintings. I feel most nobly straight after sex. Or when drunk. Sometimes I feel noble when drunk.
0 Replies

peterrucker4

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 07:11 pm
@Ionus,
I am of the opinion that many people, who feel that they are "educated" and beyond all of the nonsense about God, think they can explain everything rationally.

I don't think they can. I have looked for a full explanation of the meaning of "consciousness" and cannot find one. I haver searched for a cogent explanation of exactly how the universe began and cannot find one.
I have tried, unsuccessfully, to understand string theory--I cannot.

Until all of those things can be explained, the concept of God and faith live!

God, like consciousness, the origin of the Universe and string theory, remains a mystery. Why should God and faith be viewed as superstitions when we cannot really understand our Universe?
fresco

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 07:37 pm
@peterrucker4,
...Because "understanding" implies an element of "prediction and control". For some, the concepts of "God" and "faith" are merely ad hoc wishes that such "control" is the hands of a mentally constructed third party. Such wishes are seen as by-products of human cognition with its concept of "time" and its insecurity with respect to its mortality. (Note that your problem with "universe began" becomes vacuous when "time" itself viewed as a psychological construction)
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 07:45 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Now this is why I feel sadistic arguing with you.

The word is "masochist" ...words have meanings...use them wisely...

Quote:
This highlights the problem with Philosophy and why it will never be a science. It is in the hands of fools who dont understand science but want to feel important anyway. You cant keep your philosophy/opinion straight. What hope is their when two people are involved ?

If your comment is right, then why don't you answered the questions I asked you on another previous post:

I wrote:
Quote:
You don't know what you're talking about...who do you think first found out that the Earth was round? Who first measured the Earth circumference with accuracy? Who first discovered that humans evolved from microscopy organisms? Was it today science? Come on! You are doing us all a disservice by not attending school. Do the research!

You still don't get it that philosophy was the main foundation of modern science...and philosophy still is science...so is psychology, sociology, biology, etc...

Quote:
Never heard of those drugs but it is interesting that you have...

You're not supposed to know about those drugs...I repeat, I'm the one running the asylum...not you.

Quote:
I think you would feel free if you came out of the closet.

I just came out...thanks to you... it seems you want to invite me for a cup of coffee? Twisted Evil

Quote:
I dont think homosexuality is wrong, just you.

and you think I'm going to get angry at you because you're calling me "homosexual"...you are quite the sport!

Just like a child, you understand best when pictures are shown to you:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jUaWVpfD0R0/SmPamT5HjUI/AAAAAAAAAH8/9xsfauFY7Zw/s320/sticks+and+stones.jpg

Quote:
You have the gayest avatar, and you think you are straight ? More gay pride required, proudmoore.

I fee more pride when I teach ignorant people about critical thinking, especially when ignorant people understand my explantion and still cling to their preposterous ideas...it makes me very proud...

PS: and when you saw my avatar...did you like it, like it...or did you like it just a bit?

Quote:
Wrong. You think it supports everything you assumed.

You have no argument...you're a pussycat...

Quote:
Dam yous dum !! Science depends on two different people getting the same result. Now do you understand ?? (Hahahaha of course you dont. I am being funny ...or sadistic...)

Understand the context in which things are said...Two people can have different opinions, but only one is right...or both...or none...did you get this...or will I have to come back to teach you more reasoning...?

Quote:

If you answer these questions...you might get the right answers...unless you don't alter them:
who do you think first found out that the Earth was round? Who first measured the Earth circumference with accuracy? Who first discovered that humans evolved from microscopy organisms? Was it today science?

I wrote:
Quote:
What can't be reproduced experimentally?

You wrote:
Quote:

Which philosopher first said that lighting was not the work of the supernatural, but was the work of nature...and later was put to death because of it?
I think you have to keep up with history...

And what is your point in copying and pasting the meaning of the word "reason"...another episode?

Quote:
I explained it. Get an english speaker to read it to you. Clearly language is not your forte.

I'm so proud of you...I'm getting the best of you.

Quote:
I read Plato and Aristotle and was learning Latin before you had your first gayness.

What the hell is the connection between "Latin" and "Plato and Aristotle"? Those two philosophers were Greeks, not Latin...

Quote:
I was at Uni doing my first degree before you were born.

Can you make up your mind? Are you self-educated or not...which one is it?

Quote:

Would you please understand for once ? Your point of view does not count.

Whether you like it or not, my point of view counts...you still reading and answering my posts...you're such a sport...!

Quote:
Your boyfriends do not count.

Don't say that...you do count...

Quote:
They are biased.

You are biased ...you fall on that definition.

Quote:
I have silly little pieces of paper that say what my credentials are, and they dont take a week to list.

Of course your credentials don't take a week to list...those credentials were based solely on creationism pseudo science....

Quote:
No doubt someone who is over educated for their intelligence feels they are very clever having bits of paper.

Are you describing yourself?
Quote:

To me, I have never been challenged academically

Of course you haven't been challenge academically...for that to happen you have to have an education...

Quote:
...it is all too easy.

We actually agree on something..

Quote:
Most degrees are within the range of 115 IQ. Your pathos is due to your struggle to read and comprehend, and has been amply demonstrated here..

That explains why you had to require self-education...I was right...your IQ might actually be 60...

Quote:
but you think you are doing well !!!

I'm doing fantastic!!!

Quote:
Then I should be able to achieve the same result. Lead on, McDuff...

As you wish, Mr. de la Mancha...

Quote:
Yes. We have previously identified the problem.

But that's what I've been trying to tell you all this time.

Quote:
I repeat : More than a week to list all your qualifications ?

For some people, common sense is not so common after all.
Quote:

I repeat : Name me one evolutionary result that was not accidental.

Create the thread...or will I have to?
Quote:
Those four links do point to web sites with a little bit of intelligence guiding the process
The links don't revolve around creationism...sorry you could not understand anything. But I welcome you to open up the thread...I'll be more than thrilled to teach you evolution.

Quote:
Your link however is truly dead but you think it works because of the terminology I am using.

You are using nonsensical symbolism to describe your dementia.

Quote:
Check your single triple A battery. I think you have run out of power.

There still more juice left:
http://www.energizer.ca/images/framework/energizer-bunny-page.jpg

Quote:
(Seriously) Have a Merry Christmas, Jason.

You too, Ionus...
...and thanks for providing so much fun...
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 07:51 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
but if you spend more time reading and less time typing you may in time discover that Homer, being the first poet of Western Civilization, taught the others to tell epic tales skillfully...

Today I will attempt to unwrap your brain from the plastic of ignorance...I will try to make you think RATIONALLY for once in your life: What is the difference between telling a lie and telling an epic tale? Is there any difference at all? did the context of my signature meet the context of what Aristotle actually said? Good luck!
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 07:52 pm
@peterrucker4,
There is certainly no rational explanation for everything.

The anti-God believers attack the Bible and think that by doing so they have proven God doesnt exist. This is nonsense and if they were half as clever as they think they are they would realise it can not be done.

For most people God is a personal revelation that cant be communicated. The problem then lies in that some percieve the Bible as the only mechanism for refining their beliefs. At the same time there are Faithful Anti-God-ers (FAGs) who feel very frightened that not everyone thinks like they do and attack the Bible. One side is leaning too heavily on the Bible for support, and the other is attacking the Bible beyond reason.

In my opinion, we are close to proving God with science, but not a personal God.
High Seas

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 04:32 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Quote:
but if you spend more time reading and less time typing you may in time discover that Homer, being the first poet of Western Civilization, taught the others to tell epic tales skillfully...

..... What is the difference between telling a lie and telling an epic tale? Is there any difference at all? ...

If you can't tell the difference between the 2, your problems lie far beyond what I can repair online ...... Good luck to you too!
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 05:01 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
In my opinion, we are close to proving God with science, but not a personal God
In my opinion , science will only be able to provide you with the lack of proof that a god doesnt exist.(unless capriciousness of the natural world and the adaptive nature of life can be entered as some actual evidence for her non-existence).However, even with that being stipulated, the religious will then merely argue for a transcendent god in totality.

IMHO, the fact that we can make a nice universe work without any interference fom this cosmic yenta, renders her obsolete and irrelevant.
0 Replies