teenyboone

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 12:32 pm
@snood,
I've been trying but failed to put into words, what you have posted, but I agree with you completely, especially the part about pleasing everyone. He is overly generous in that regard. I guess I was just too used to the 8 gritty years of the last administration, that I became a skeptic. After seeing President Obama's acceptance speech of his Nobel Prize, this is not a man to be taken lightly.

I don't know when the gloves will come off, but I'd say it will be soon. One has to listen at his soft demeanor but his "firm" words, especially when he invoked Dr. King and Mandela's sacrifices in the name of Peace! This is a fine thread. Thank you.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 12:55 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
The banks that offered those annuities would have had a major vested interest in preventing Social Security from passing.

My guess is that the banks had little political clout at the time, given the events of the 5-6 years that lead up to SS passing.

Cycloptichorn
Gala

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 01:25 pm
@rosborne979,
As you said, Hillary would have needed on the job training as well, but the difference is, and why she didn't make it, was because she had voted in favor of Bush's Iraq war, whereas Obama never got near to voting and had the luxury of saying "I'm against this war."

That was a huge part of his appeal. Hillary paid dearly for that one. Obama won because of his lack of experience and his ability to project potential.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 01:33 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Additionally, the amount of money paid out to pensioners under the original plan would hardly have qualified as competition for the kinds of funds the banks were hoping to attract by offering annuities. I wonder, Thomas, if you know what annuities cost.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
Near as I can tell, Snood has honestly addressed the holes.

I gave you a thumbs up, h20man -- though it seems that someone has already negated it [nope, it took] -- for your single-minded and relentless pursuit of a never before matched level of stupidity.

Go for it bud, you're ahead of the pack.

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:17 pm
@JTT,
Oh, be fair now, JTT. What the rest of the world considers to be stupidity comes close to pure genius when applied to H2O head.
Below viewing threshold (view)
LionTamerX

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:38 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Oh, be fair now, JTT. What the rest of the world considers to be stupidity comes close to pure genius when applied to H2O head.

True that.
MASSAGAT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:38 pm
Obama thus far?

Job Approval Rating below 50% as measured by the Gallup Poll.

So soon??

Wait until the end of summer, just before the elections in November, when the REAL UNEMPLOYMENT(discouraged workers who have used up their unemployment benefits; those working part time who want and need full time employment; those working at jobs which pay them a fraction of what they earned in a job they lost this year and, of course, the unemployed) will still be above 15%.

President Barack Obama will find that many Democrats will be replaced by Republicans and many Democrats, who are in possible swing districts, have moved to the center.

I do not think that President Obama understands the character of the American voter. The American voter wanted a change from GW Bush but the American voter is fickle. They will not vote for a regime in which 15% of them are either not working or are not working at the same rate or salary they had in 2008.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 07:34 pm
@H2O MAN,
**** yourself. Lion Tamer has more brains in his fingernails than you have period. and his mother isn't a whore.
LionTamerX

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 07:53 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Welcome to the club, buddy.

Did he call my mama a ho ? I guess I'm so stupid that I put him on ignore.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 09:02 pm
Face it, Obama as the president of these untied states has been a terrible experience thus far and it's only going to get worse.

You can launch personal attacks on members for pointing out the truth and you can call us childish names, but none of what you
do changes the fact that Obama is a clear and present danger to this constitutional republic.

The Obama administration is not interested in helping America or Americans. The Obama administration is all about helping
themselves to even more power. It's all about power and total control over the people.

Wake up before it's too late.
JTT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 09:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
How on earth can a guy as dumb as you memorize all that Glenn Beck garbage?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 09:23 pm
@JTT,
Like I said: You can launch personal attacks on members for pointing out the truth and you can call us childish names,
but none of what you do changes the fact that Obama is a clear and present danger to this constitutional republic.
LionTamerX

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:18 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
How on earth can a guy as dumb as you memorize all that Glenn Beck garbage?

I suspect it's more copy and paste, than memorization. Just a hunch...

Rockhead

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:21 pm
@LionTamerX,
dunno.

copy and paste is a skill that takes some processing...
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:32 pm
Back to Snood's topic, I'm still a supporter of Obama. Honestly, I think he's done an admirable job so far of reversing some of the damage done by his predecessor. As for the healthcare battle, I'm cautiously optimistic.