ossobuco wrote:

My basement used to flood once a year..
Do u live in Egypt ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 10:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

They are no lower than my feet. Any more, I would be floating.
I have no way of knowing how low your feet r.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 01:03 am
Here are a few guesses.
1. vinyl, when it is manufactured, has a plasticiser incorporated. The plasticiser is what keeps the vinyl supple, soft and pliable.
Migration of plasticisor can happen in some situations. ie it is absorbed by the base material. in order to prevent this happening seal the concrete. I have no real idea as to why this happens in some situations and not others perhaps it is to do with the porosity of the base material.

2. some years ago there was a trend toward self shrinking vinyl. This type of product was designed to be glued only at the edges and would tigten as it shrank. I have no idea how it operators were supposed to estimate the "allowance" for shrinkage.
The trend now is to apply glue across the whole of the strip.

3. Some flooring people reccomend (with tiles) allowing a week or so for the vinyl to "aclimate" before glueing into its final position.

4. Your problem may be due to a failure to add the correct plasticisor or the correct amount of plasticisor or the use of an incorrect type of solvent during manufacture, or other manufactuing eror.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 05:34 am
Thanks, dadpad. I'm passing the most helpful info along to the boss. Not that it appears to have any impact.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:35 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm thinking this entire flooring issue is related toEdgar's use of colloiodal silver.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:41 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I'm thinking this entire flooring issue is related toEdgar's use of colloiodal silver.

In conjunction with H3O and HRx.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 08:58 am
Thanks for the comments. The flooring in question was simply not adequate. The installing company no longer uses it. The product they have is identical in appearance, but does not shrink.
0 Replies

Harold geronimo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Hi Friends,

If this is a perimeter bond material, and it didn't acclimate right and "shrink" to the floor then it is faulty material and must be reported to the place of purchase.
If it is a full spread glue type, There is nothing you can do replace it.

Thanks.
Harold geronimo
0 Replies

Angelahynes

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 07:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Actually I had installed laminate in my whole office, Had a problem like you, but that time we needed to remove our flooring.
0 Replies

markro

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 11:38 am
Hey i am new in this forum
Looking forward to discuss with you guys!!!!!!
0 Replies