Movies that make you Cry

Seed

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 08:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Mind like a steal trap, this one has!
djjd62

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 08:18 pm
@Seed,
uugh, those prequels to star wars, almost made me cry, to see how much lucas fucked that whole franchise up
Seed

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 08:38 pm
@djjd62,
He might have messed it up by making the movies, but the acting is what made it such a tragedy
djjd62

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 08:41 pm
@Seed,
true, hayden wahtshisname was the most wooden actor i've ever seen
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 01:41 am
Stone Fox.....blubbered like a baby....still cant talk about this movie without my voice going all uncontrollably wobbly LOL

Willy and his dog Searchlight find Willy's grandfather lying in bed. Doc Smith, the only town doctor tells Willy that his grandfather no longer wants to live. After seeing some papers he tells Willy that they owe the state of Wyoming 500 dollars in tax.
The next day Willy enters a dog sled race that has a reward of 500 dollars. Willy sees a sled being pulled by five Samoyeds (fast dogs used for sled racing). The man on the sled signs up for the race, and Willy learns it is Stone Fox, a Native American who doesn't talk to white people and has never lost a race. When the race starts, Willy instantly takes the lead and as they race past Willy's house they see Grandfather standing up watching them.

At the end of the race Searchlight's heart bursts and she dies instantly about 10 feet from the finish line. Stone Fox makes a line on the ground with his boot, takes out his rifle, and warns that if any other racers cross the line, he'll shoot. He then concedes the match to Willy, by letting Willy carry Searchlight across the finish line....gaaawd sniff sniff.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 09:01 am
Most of the movies I watch make me cry. I don't like movies with violence and I won't watch anything with torture, which leaves me with pap - which rhymes with sap - which is what I am when I'm watching a movie.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 02:22 pm
The documentary Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple (2006) is a potent tearjerker. Anyone familiar with the cult and their fatal end should take a cinematic kick to the stomach watching this documentary through to the end. Very tragic indeed.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 02:41 pm
Life is beautiful
A Jewish man (Roberto Benigni) has a wonderful romance with the help of his humour, but must use that same quality to protect his son in a Nazi death camp.

Agnes Browne
The unexpected death of her husband sends a woman and her seven children, ages 2-14, into emotional turmoil and financial crisis in 1967 Dublin.. (great performance by Angelica Houston)

Like fbaezer, I found Il Postino also remarkable. I don't remember
if I cried though...
JPB

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 02:46 pm
Pay It Forward was a major tearjerker.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 02:46 pm
The Boy in Striped Pajamas

Izzie

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 02:48 pm
The Notebook
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 09:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
I was a bit cold to Il Postino - I love love love Noiret, and looked into Neruda after viewing the movie..
but that was a no-crier.
fbaezer

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 03:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh yes it is, at the end when il postino dies!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 03:53 pm
@Seed,
Seed wrote:

The Boy in Striped Pajamas

Also a very remarkable movie!
Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 03:55 pm
@CalamityJane,
Watched it thisavo with the little fella...

Crying or Very sad
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 05:25 pm
@Izzie,
Oh! How did he react? I remember that my daughter was very taken by that
movie and it's still very vividly in her memory.
Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
terribly upset

i was talking on line here
http://able2know.org/topic/111721-815#post-3783815
as it was happening - broke his little heart

then here
http://able2know.org/topic/111721-815#post-3784185

that was the first time he watched it.

We sat and watched it together today - his request - no tears this time (he was all cried out from leaving his friends at school today), but still much anger and disbelief.

He will be a strong debater as he gets older, I'm sure.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:10 pm
@kuvasz,
That reminds me, I'm sure I cried as a child watching the movie Lassie, Come Home.

Might have cried with the scots movie, Ring of Bright Water.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:11 pm
@Izzie,
Poor S-baby. We had similar reactions about 2 years ago when my daughter
was reading the book in school and also watched the movie. It is so much harder on them when they see someone their own age dying, especially when it is such a senseless death.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 01:36 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'm an easy cryer, but tend to be analytic re movies - and those two tend to cancel out.

I think I cried watching Tosca, a film about aged opera singers - decisively panned all to hell here -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240122/

Half a year later, I discover this link is wrong. (Doh!) The title must be different - very much not the same movie. Will post it if I ever figure out the right link.