"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:36 am
@McTag,
McT, Hope all is getting better for you and F. T.
This is our last day in Vietnam; farewell dinner tonite with tour director, then we fly to Bangkok tomorrow for one nite before we fly home.
Francis

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
Wishing you a good flight back!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 06:53 am
McT - I am sorry you and Fiona have been sick. I hope you feel better soon.
C.I. - have a safe trip home. It must be wonderful to travel like that.

Hi there Francis.

I am up and at 'em. Getting ready for work. Back to the grind...But I am off tomorrow and Thursday - so that is good. Just a few hours of singing and dancing with 3 year olds. It's a good thing...I am almost out of gumption again! Wink

Have a good day y'all.

mis
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 09:40 am
@mismi,
Afternoon Crew

McT - hoping you will both get well very soon - so sorry you are sick (((McTFiB)))

CI - safe trip back home and looking forward to more pics on your thread. x

Missy - ahhh... better day for you girlie Very Happy Gumption " I’m out of it too. Sooooo tired. x

((((Alex)))) - floored a? Sending you big love x

Beautiful day here and a few more to go by the sounds of it. Just...... lovely. Had such a laugh at work today " busy as it was " a miscommunication caused tremendous hilarity throughout the school " madness reigns!

Gotta lie down for half an hour before I pick the little fella up " oooooooooooooh... tttttttired.

Waves to MsrF, BEAgle, Dj and all the crew...

Bluehooooooooo - you too (xox)

Back laterz
devriesj

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 11:13 am
@Izzie,
Hi all! Flitting aboard to see the lovely Mr. Dutch-'s pic! Very Happy And to see everyone! Feelin flu-ish today Razz , but don't worry, no oinking Wink
Ugh, gonna go lie down!
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 11:23 am
@devriesj,
Dev............ wellllll... hey to you Girlie Very Happy <big smile>

oh deary me - you're sick too - wishing you to get better quick smart. How are your THINGs 1 and 2 - they doing OK? Ahhhhhhh... 'tis good to see you. Gosh, doesn't Chi-town seem such a long time ago now - just so glad we got to meet up and yabber in realtime. S-boy says "hi J2 - it was really fun in Chicago and I'm still looking at my coins every nite" Razz

So good to see ya here - GET BETTER OK!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((Dev)))))))) love to hubby too...

<quickly nabs the tiara, polishes, places firmly back on the Queen's head> Wink
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 01:38 pm
@Izzie,
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

there's about to be an upset here and I don't know whether to forewarn S-boy or not...

ack

S-Boy is studying a book in English

The Boy In Striped Pyjamas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_in_the_Striped_Pyjamas

now... he's been getting sad, angry too, mainly sad, has explained the whole (or what he believes) is the whole story....

at school, they are reading the book and watching the movie... so, he's come home and is so intrigued/fascinated... not sure of the word to use there... he wanted to find out more, you know, kinda read the end of the book before... so he's sitting here watching excerpts on youtube (with a little girliefriend who is on video msn with him as he's watching) - she's just told him that it's getting to the worst part of the film...

anyhooooooooo... I'm sitting here knowing that when he gets to the end of the book/movie - he's gonna be awful upset... i mean, really upset.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

here we go... he's about to find out about Bruno...
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 02:05 pm
@Izzie,
oh dear Sad

he's such a mess now - cannot stop sobbing and he's very angry upset Sad

Settled him into bed... but ... ack

ooooooh
Dutchy

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:01 pm
@Izzie,
Morning crew, just dropping by to say hi. Weather the opposite to yours Izzie, first two weeks of October have been the coldest on record. I think all that talk about global warming is just that, all talk. Also for the first time in years our dams our overflowing which augurs well for the summer.

Hi Queen Dev, nice to see you, hope you feel better soon, you still have the winter ahead. See you on the other thread. Wink

Izzie, you'll better show S-boy something to smile about, can't have him angry and upset, I always look at episodes of the 'Three Stooges' when I feel like that. Laughing

mismi you call shopping therapy, I've got news for you, it was sheer agony seeing my hard earned dollars flying out of my pocket. Amazing what you girls can find when the sales are on.................. Laughing

Waves from downunder.
lmur

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:19 pm
@Dutchy,
Just imagining the shoe-saleswoman: "Is that a wad of hard-earned dollars in your pocket or....". Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 04:05 pm
@lmur,
ha!

<it was a large wad of tissues for when he broke a sweat Wink> Razz

nite all............. fading fast

lovin' y'all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(crew)
Dutchy

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 04:33 pm
@Izzie,
Good night dear Izzie, sleep well my friend.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 01:17 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
he's such a mess now - cannot stop sobbing and he's very angry upset Sad

Obviously he closely identified with the 2 little heros of the story.My jaw dropped during the shower-room scene (un-forgetable ,for all the wrong reasons)Can't imagine what went through his young mind! and I bet he asks "Why!" over and over again.
It's a very hard way for him to learn our history and hope his Teacher can explain in a rational way.When he's 15,what's he gonna make of Saving Private Ryan?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7V6FAoTLc
Izzie

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:53 am
@Barry The Mod,
Morning Crew Very Happy

Thanku BEAgle - I slept a little - have a very busy day ahead - not too sure how ...

all my access equipment is arriving at 1pm at school - have desks and stuff to move and things to shift!

Yep Bazza - gosh, it was so hard to see S-boy struggling last nite - he didn't sleep well at all and to hear him sob like he was, repeatedly asking "why"... he shocked me a little with a scenario of a time machine, if he had one, and what he would do if he go could back in time - vengeance - mmmmmm... that's a tough one watching a 12 year old have those feelings. We did talk and I tried to explain that the "world was at war" and that people in the world are trying to ensure that these atrocities will never happen again.... S-boy thinks a lot... not so long ago he wrote a letter to the PrimeMinster and President... re: animal testing. He verbalises well, his arguments are sound, albeit "idealistic". He makes a great debater... or will do moreso as he matures. Up until now, he hasn't been aware too much of 'history', or the realities of the world (maybe overprotection on my part and time for me to snap out of lalaland as questions kick in)... gonna be a very interesting time watching S-boy grow up, methinks. (I spoke to his English teacher just now, she was glad I telephoned, very supporting, and will talk with him later - they aren't supposed to read on further because the school wishes to do the explanations/discussions as they go along so the kids have a better understanding... thing is, there is no understanding there, so, that's gonna be difficult to try and rationalise with young children who have enquiring minds!)

Like moi, he is an emotional heap!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

SpongeBob to Schindler's List - hmmmmmm - how fast they grow up.

Anyhooooo....

today I took my camera to work and stopped to breathe in the sunrise - it was spectacular. Funny how things happen, met a fella who was walking his dawg, in the middle of the countryside; I've known him...ah, for 40 years or so - so we chatted for a bit and caught up on some news whilst we watched the sun rise up over the moors. Then drove to work, gorgeous drive, and.... whooooooooooooosh... full on - it's so busy - I shouldn't be here... best crack on.

so... be back later

my fridge has broken - ack - need to get the repair man in smartish - oh dear!

Thinking of y'all and wishing everyone great days.

McT/FiB - hope you are both doing much better, and Queen Dev too. Healing wishes.

((((Letty)))) - thinking of you. xx
verbivore

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 04:16 am
@Izzie,
Counting the days down..coming monday Ill step into my 8th month!!! IN a way glad that if i finish ths week its just the matter of 2 more weeks! My feet have started swelling Sad wil post the pics smetime..now tooo lazy to do anything...usually months rush at teh snap of fingers..hopefully now it does!
not able to concentrate much on books too..been ages since I got hold of Shantaram..yet to complete it!!
Dev..ur back??!!! howz u? we sure missed you Smile
misssyy izziieee i have my feet up! on a chair that ive brought to workplace!
And missy..dont flatter the BEAgle..so much.u knw rite!
Bazzaa..hiya to u too...
lettyy.ma thoughts are with u!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:04 am
G'morning crew,

dev --- good to see you. Feel better soon.

Get well wishes to Mr and Mrs McT as well.

YAY to verbi for entering the home stretch. HA - stretch may be the operative word. Take gentle care of yourself, vb.

Iz --- lots of hugs to S-boy. Each bit of innocence lost is hard to watch. Much experience here with heavy and depressing English books impacting the well-being of both girls. M is just finishing reading Cal and had major problems dealing with it on top of everything else she's dealing with. In fact, it compounded her other issues a great deal.

Speaking of M... the college visit is done. She had a good time (whew) but couldn't picture herself spending the next four years there. But then... she can't picture herself spending next year anywhere but here. Hey, ho... One foot in front of the other...

I had a fun day yesterday in the city. I drove Mr B down for a visit with the surgeon to see if there was anything to be done for his shoulder --- no can do ---- and then stayed on for the rest of the afternoon and evening to shop, eat, and be merry. I love my days in the city. Met up with joe for dinner and theater. Twas fun!

Sad news when I got home last night though. A woman I've worked with for years on Village affairs passed away shortly after being diagnosed with lung cancer. She was my age. Tragic. Sad...

Hola to Dutchy, Barry (can't thank you enough for that link), ci (have a safe trip), miss ((((mis))) and the rest of the yabber crew. I hope Wednesday treats you well.
mismi

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:16 am
@JPB,
Good Morning Iz, I am so sorry for S'boy. It is so hard growing up. I am still having growing pains. I know. It smarts. Bless his bones. But he is blessed to have you as his Mom. He will be more than fine...will have such a great understanding and a wealth of love from you to help him as he grows.

JPB ((JPB)) So sorry to hear about your co-worker. That is so sad. It does you in touch with your mortality. I know she will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to you sweety.

Sorry Mr. B didn't find relief for his shoulder...what is the next step?

That's right - M will figure it out. Choosing a college is a big deal. I am glad she had a good time though.

Hi there Verby! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! Not much longer...and the swollen toots are a pain. Do put them up and rest girly. I just have to compliment Dutchy every once in a while..though I know he is such a player - he knows how handsome he is...leading all the girls around by the nose! Wink Razz But we love him don't we?

I stayed up reading CRAHP last night. Now I am sorry. So sorry. Sandy eyes. And it is so doggone RAINY! I can't believe how nasty it is. I need the sun again here soon. Or I will have to go get one of those lamps. I am so affected by that sunshine. I could be up to my eyeballs in the worst things and still have hope while the sun is shining...not so much when it ain't!

Hugs to all...got to go accomplish SOMETHING.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:22 am

Me and FionaB (sounds like a song, doesn't it?) are still pretty green around the gills, and so we have cleared our diaries (!) for the next few days.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.
mismi

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:39 am
@McTag,
So sorry you are still feeling poorly McT.... I think it is good to take it easy the next couple of days. Hope you feel better sooner rather than later.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 08:05 am
piddling....piddling....piddling

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 09:11:40