Crystal Springs Resovoir

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:55 pm
Why is there no fishing allowed in the resovoir? Why is there no bow hunting allowed in the watershed (lottery tag). This place is a wonderful natural resource, the owners of which (the citizens) are being denied access to. The only thing you can do here is bike or hike around the perimeter. It's a disgrace!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,209 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 05:23 pm
Where is this Reservoir?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 08:02 am
well , as you know, there are many vicious species in the park, like Frabignal Jarnips and ferruginous Klastrons. i know for a fact that the atmosphere in The crystal Springs area is heavily laced with flourine and CO2 so its quite toxic.
The last person who fished in the reservoir was eaten by klipfish, it was horrible.
No, the Federation of Planets just wishes us to stand in the safe zones and peer into the crystal springs valley. Its best we obey
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 08:07 am
There are a lot of resovoirs that are "off limits" here in MA. Mostly because people are stupid and tend to leave a lot of crap behind or decide to use the watershed as their personal garbage dump.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 08:12 am
I grew up near a resovoir in Lafayette, California and there was no swimming or motor boating allowed on that body of water either. Row boats and sail boats were permitted.

The reason? It stores the drinking water for many of the cities in the area.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 08:13 am
Why do i suspect that FM may not be entirely serious here?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 01:17 pm
Crystal Springs reservoir is located along the San Andreas fault, south of San Francisco. While a watershed it its own right, it serves as the final resting point for water coming down from Hetch Hetchy in the Sierras, to serve San Francisco.

Anyway, this thing is filled with huge fish and the surrounding land is covered with deer and wild boar, both to excess and both a public nuisance.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 01:26 pm
Crystal Springs Reservoir:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rhorii/Sawcdeer.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 03:58 pm
why werent you carrying a gun stead of a camera. Youd have a deer and a memory
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 04:20 pm
nothing to add except thanks for the picture and topic, cjhsa. i used to live in san mateo for a couple of years. been to crystal springs a couple of times, brings back good memories.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:26 pm
Well, even if they allowed hunting, it would be bow only due to the population density. Hunting is allowed in parts of the Santa Cruz mountains, but not here. I just wish they would let me in there to fish. There is very little freshwater fishing to be done around here. Saltwater fishing is a totally different ballgame.
0 Replies