How to find out where Osama Bin Laden is living?

Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:23 am
@Setanta,
Fortunately, it is you saying all that and it will be taken with a grain of salt. If you like history so much, why dont you get some sort of formal qualification ? I am used to my opinion counting, not having to quote everybody else like you, a struggling undergraduate. You did history at high school, right ?

I told you the deal. Will you agree ?
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 11:03 am
@Ionus,
Hey, why don't you two do this via PMs. You're cluttering an otherwise worthwhile thread.
Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:25 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
You're cluttering an otherwise worthwhile thread.
I agree. But if the first thing someone says to me is "Jesus, where do you get this bullshit.." I think I am entitled to reply by the same means.

Back to the topic ...There were many opportunities to assassinate Hitler, with the final decision being made by the War Cabinet in Britain, which effectively meant Churchill. Most notable was the last attempt where the British had the agents actually in position but it was decided the war would be best left to run its course. Churchill was a firm believer in making Germany pay and there would have been considerable pressure to come to a peace agreement if Hitler were dead. Many on the side of the US, the unconditional surrender side, would have their position weakened which would have consequences for Japan as well. If Hitler could be brought to trial then no-one could turn him into a legend. If he could be seen as responsible for his countries destruction then it would be another blow against resurgent Nazism.

A dead OBL would have weakened the will to fight. The leader of the terrorists had been killed. Why continue...But he would have been a martyr to his cause, dying on the field of battle. This way he lingers on and becomes an obvious sideline. He was never a genius in leadership, he is entirely a figurehead. It does damage to their cause if he is allowed to wither rather than be a martyr. I would not be surprised if he were already dead but it was kept a secret in order to help the war effort - better a live cowering old fool than a dead hero.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:49 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
better a live cowering old fool than a dead hero.
ah, so that's why they killed jesus, they needed a hero. them sneaky jews, I would have never thought that far ahead. It makes an interesting image though, a cowering old fool as leader of a new religion just doesn't have the right pizazz.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 04:23 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

The only communicating I wish to do with you is to tell you what an arrogant old fool you are...
U caught on to that faster than I did.
I tolerated him for too long.
He appears, in my vu, to suffer from a form of the Tourette's syndrome.
I doubt that he is able to control himself.
I used the Ignore button on him quite a while ago.
The world is a better place without him in it.

David

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 04:31 pm
According to the History Channel, the OSS decided against
trying to take Hitler out because thay deemed him
our best friend, in that position; i.e., other Germans
woud probably be more competent than Hitler was in his defensive war.
That is to say: Hitler was a military screw-up, who 'd hasten the end of the war.

David
Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 04:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Certainly that is another way to look at the same aim. A live Hitler is better than a dead one. A live OSB is better than a dead one.
Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 04:58 pm
@Ionus,
I'm not saying "all that," you have made a claim, and seem to be unable to support it with any evidence. I have "formal qualification," i majored in history and English literature when i was at university. One the one hand, you sneer at me as "old man," now you want to suggest that i'm a "struggling undergraduate." Apparently, you can't make up your mind. You have no argument to forward, you just sling insults, which i suspect comes from having no support for your claim.

Who cares if you are used to "[your] opinion counting?" If you post something here, and someone challenges it, it's time to put up or shut up. Panzade provided a source to the effect that OSS and MI6 passed on some assassination attempts, but it didn't have anything to do with some paranoid fantasy that Churchill or FDR wanted to prolong the war for their own ends--Panzade's source claimed it was because they didn't trust their German contacts.

Claiming that OSS and MI6 passed on opportunities to assassinate Hitler because someone wanted to prolong the war is an extraordinary claim. Those who make extraordinary claims have the burden of supporting them, or being ignored as unreliable. Get over it, that's real life.

You don't tell me what "the deal" is. I stay or leave as i please. And i have no reason to think your opinion counts in matters which can be proven or disproven by the historical record--something in which opinion is meaningless.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 04:59 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Certainly that is another way to look at the same aim.
A live Hitler is better than a dead one.
A live OSB is better than a dead one.
I m not at all sure that Laden is as incompetent as Hitler was.
I don 't have enuf information to judge Laden 's proficiency.

David
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 06:13 pm
@panzade,
Apologies for the delay - busy this time of year and havent gotten to the library. But I havent forgotten...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 06:22 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
someone challenges it [ /quote] First off, that someone is you and I have a great dislike for your senile attitude of abusing first and asking questions later. You are an old man with the wisdom of a struggling undergraduate. Does that clear it up for you ?
Quote:
majored in history and English literature
And the best you can do to criticise is "some paranoid fantasy" ? Wouldnt someone with those qualifications have done better by sticking to the facts ? Majored, phhhbbbtttt ! Jesus, where do you get that bullshit from ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 04:11 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
someone challenges it [ /quote] First off, that someone is you and I have a great dislike for your senile attitude of abusing first and asking questions later. You are an old man with the wisdom of a struggling undergraduate. Does that clear it up for you ?
Quote:
And the best you can do to criticise is "some paranoid fantasy" ? Wouldnt someone with those qualifications have done better by sticking to the facts ? Majored, phhhbbbtttt ! Jesus, where do you get that bullshit from ?
U really can 't expect much from him; hopeless case.
I just wrote him off; human refuse.

David
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 04:51 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

You're aligning with OmSig, and criticizing Set. You're as big a fuckwit as David. Setanta is one of the smartest people on this forum. OmSigDavid is a gun crazy lunatic who wants 10 year old's to go to school with machine pistols in their lunch boxes.

No doubt you voted for the shrub twice.
Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 04:52 am
@Ionus,
There are no "facts" to stick to. You haven't provided any facts. You have made a statement from authority, but it is an authority no one has any reason to assume you possess. Absent any support for your claim that refusing to engage in an assassination attempt against Hitler, because Churchill wanted to prolong the war (the italicized part being the silly crap you posted without support), there is no "fact" to stick to.

No amount of snotty insults about my age or my comprehension alter the fact that what you have finally come to admit are your opinions have been offered as fact initially, on an ipse dixit basis. Absent any support for a statement from authority, or even an opinion offered, there is no reason for anyone who is skeptical to accept the claims. What are you, a retired police officer, to claim that you are not accustomed to people being unwilling to accept your opinion? When one states something as though it were fact, it's not about opinion. Even when it is a matter of opinion, people are free to challenge, and to call bullshit when it's as silly as this. Welcome to the real world.
Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 04:53 am
@Wilso,
Wilso, i hate to tell you this, but i believe that this joker is one of your countrymen.
Wilso

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 05:01 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Wilso, i hate to tell you this, but i believe that this joker is one of your countrymen.

There's no shortage of his type here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 05:09 am
Nor anywhere else, for that matter . . . i hope that you and yours are happy and well, Boss. We don't see you often these days . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 05:30 am
After all, set, without guys like that, you don't get as much chance to tell what you know.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:54 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Setanta is one of the smartest people on this forum
Compared to you his dog picture is smarter. If you want to take showers with a self proclaimed Lord of History then be my guest. By the way, who spelt fuckwit for you ? I know you arent that clever.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:55 am
@Setanta,
Whispering sweet nothings in his ear ? I dont think you have to. The retard already wants to dry hump your leg.
0 Replies