@BillRM,
Quote:
not an expert in that field
nor am I ,enuf said.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:04 am
@Intrepid,
No as I was going on the first news stories and your comments does not made sense at all as if the mat in question was an incorrect mat there would follow that there would be zero reason for a recall!!!!

Second highway patrol officers are not all expert drivers! I was once pull over by a woman highway patrol officer on 826 in Miami who when I ask her for a battery jump did not know how to open her engine hood for me!

So highway patrol or no highway patrol the man was an idiot if he did not get that car under control a loaner or no loaner.
BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:10 am
@farmerman,
Famerman if the mat was an incorrect mat why in the hell would Toyota had any need to recall millions of cars with the correct mat because of this accident?

Does this claim of Intrepid make any kind of sense to you?

Second a gear level is a gear lever and if he did not know where to find it how was he driving it at all?

And this highway patrol officer did not have a clue how to shut the car off with it button instead of key?

Once more how in the hell was he driving it at all?
Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:12 am
@BillRM,
What the hell does knowing how to open an engine hood have to do with expert driving???????

THIS CAR HAD AN INCORRECT MAT!!!!! There have been a lot of mat problems with correct mats. MAYBE SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WERE DUE TO INCORRECT MATS!!!!

Are you listening? Do you comprehend? I can't believe that you are really that dense.

You are so sure of your facts that you are now trying to enlist the help of farmerman to back you up. I think he is too intelligent for that nonsense.
BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:12 am
@Intrepid,
Unfortunately, this was not so easy on the Lexus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Why in the hell is shifting into neutral all that hard in a lexus?
BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:15 am
@Intrepid,
Maybe someone who can not open their own car hood is an expert driver and maybe the moon is make of green cheese also.

I however get the impression that the gentleman and the lady officer on 826 had one thing in comment not a clue concerning the cars they was driving.
Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:21 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Why in the hell is shifting into neutral all that hard in a lexus?

The other common defense tactic advised by experts is to simply shift a runaway vehicle into neutral. But the ES 350 is equipped with an automatic transmission that can mimic manual shifting, and its shift lever on the console has a series of gates and detents that allow a driver to select any of at least four forward gears.

The arrangement of those gear selections could make it difficult to shift from a forward gear directly into neutral in a panic situation, Toyota spokesman Lyons acknowledged.

“I think it’s possible to get the shifter confused, but I can’t be sure that’s what happened” in San Diego, Lyons said. “You’d be surprised how many people around here [Toyota] don’t know what the neutral position is for.”
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:23 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Famerman if the mat was an incorrect mat why in the hell would Toyota had any need to recall millions of cars with the correct mat because of this accident?

Apparently, besides not listening to anyone else on your threads, you dont even pay attention to yourself, because
I think youve just answered your own question.

That Saved us a lot of pummeling and beating on your head to drive it in through the high specific gravity of your skullyular material.
Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:39 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Maybe someone who can not open their own car hood is an expert driver and maybe the moon is make of green cheese also.

I however get the impression that the gentleman and the lady officer on 826 had one thing in comment not a clue concerning the cars they was driving.

I don't know about your personal knowledge of the mechanics of a car or your driving ability. I would, however, suggest that you think about taking an English as a second language course since you could use some help in that area. Many would proabably appreciate it as it would make reading your posts much easier.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:47 am
@farmerman,
beating on your head to drive it in through the high specific gravity of your skullyular material.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL as if my head is hard your is a pure diamond and I can only point to the issue of the cu feet contain in the hoax balloon thread to prove that point.

Your head should be right next to the Hope Diamond at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum, in fact.

On my next visit, I could then get a picture of your head to add to my picture of the Hope Diamond.
Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:32 am
I wonder how Bill's reply to farmerman would have differed if farmerman had agreed with Bill on the previous post? Hmmmm.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:43 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Toyota should redesign their pedals. Brakes that override accelerators are a no-brainer and they've recalled vehicles for a lot less. In 2006 Toyota recalled over a million vehicles to correct a phone number in the manual. This money is coming from funds Toyota set aside for such recalls and addressing the issue is good for them, given that their entire brand revolves around their reputation for reliability.

They've found that the way a company reacts to a mistake is more important than not making a mistake in the first place.

A company that doesn't make a mistake might get good ratings and loyalty, but a company that makes a mistake and corrects it promptly and appropriately gets great ratings and high loyalty.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:37 am
@BillRM,
Bill is taking credit ofr some calculation that an airhead kid did re: "balloon boy". I was coming home from a business trip and heard it said on the raidio that an atmospherics scientist who, Also has responsibility in balloon deployment, stated that, with the volume of He in the balloon (namely 2400 cu ft), the kid could have lifted off if he was only 80 lb as reported.
Bill got all personally involved when he accepted that the balloon was reportedly only 1200 cu ft. (Of course a 1200 cu ft balloon would have helped his quickly arrived at conclusion, the "experts" are not all in agreement with Bill or me.

I have no dog in the fight except to hear how Bill loves to trash expertise . Im certain that Bill didnt even do his own calcs because they were so similar to the web kids calculaytion that was on a facebook site several hours earlier .

Now, if the balloon IS 2400 cu ft, Bill is dead wrong about his argument . The father was charged with fraud, not because the balloon couldnt hold the kid, but because the kid "ratted out his old man on tv".
Id drop your argument Bill, since I can recall your opinion about electrical systems in RVs for Dys, was all full of **** > AND, most of your opinions are of that ilk Bill.

Im sitting here doing oven duty with a 20 lb turkey . Ive got nothibg to do for another 2 hours except sit here and be your little conscience Willy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:38 am
@DrewDad,
Thats been a finding from many service businesses and engineering consulting also.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:01 am
"A review of consumer complaints to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows at least 1,000 incidents of unintended acceleration in Toyota vehicles in the last eight years, along with scores of accidents and injuries as well as untold property damage."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-recall26-2009nov26,0,7792141,full.story

"The NHTSA minces no words in contradicting Toyota's claims, calling the removal of the offending floor mats an interim measure only, and saying that "This remedy does not correct the underlying defect in the vehicles involving the potential for entrapment of the accelerator by floor mats, which is related to accelerator and floor pan design." That leaves no doubt that the NHTSA considers the design of the vehicles and the accelerator pedal both to be defective in this regard.""

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1037688_nhtsa-toyota-floor-mat-statement-inaccurate-and-misleading
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:06 am
@BorisKitten,
Toyota is now going to have technicians saw off a portion of the gas pedals of the recalled vehicles, since the re-designed pedals won't be available until April, 2010:

http://blogs.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1039009_toyota-to-shorten-then-replace-3-8m-accelerator-pedals-in-safety-recall

0 Replies

JoeKidd

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 12:38 am
Personally I think it is more than just a mat and gas pedal problem.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 05:42 am
@JoeKidd,
How bout a beer Joe?
0 Replies

JoeKidd

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 11:42 pm
http://detnews.com/article/20091129/AUTO01/911290320/Experts-point-to-throttles--not-floor-mats--in-Toyota-incidents
Yea I will take that beer.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:47 pm
Quote:
Whenever an airplane crashes, investigators focus on the black-box data, which may explain why the plane went down. Though most drivers don't realize it, two thirds of new U.S. automobiles have black boxes, too. They're called "event data recorders." These devices tell the airbags when to deploy, but they also record the car's speed, whether the brake or gas pedal was engaged, and if seat belts were fastened. They've become such a vital tool to car-crash investigators that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued new requirements, which take effect in 2012, standardizing exactly what data the devices measure.

In theory these black boxes could help explain what's causing the sudden acceleration problems that led Toyota to recall millions of vehicles. There's just one catch: Toyota keeps its data secret. Ford, GM, and Chrysler's black boxes use an open platform that allows law-enforcement officials to download data. But only Toyota is able to download the proprietary data off its devices. In fact, there's just one laptop in the entire country capable of reading a Toyota data recorder, and Toyota will download one only under court order, or at the request of law enforcement or the NHTSA

http://www.newsweek.com/id/233585

This is TOTTALLY unacceptable
0 Replies