I'm Not the Litigious Type But

Mame

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Was that Natasha Richardson? Liam Neeson's wife? If so, wasn't just a bump - she crashed into a tree and wasn't wearing a helmet (I believe), but you're right - head injuries are serious.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:15 am
folks thanks for your kind words and thoughts.... I feel back to normal today. Slept a lot yesterday and now I feel fine.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:34 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Glad to hear you're feeling better. I still think they at least owe you a dinner and a few drinks for the pain and worry.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:49 am
I'm glad you are feeling better, but I don't think you are out of the woods just yet. Keep a close eye yourself.

If it was me, I would dress up really well and go down to the restaurant and ask to speak to the owner.
(If the owner is not available, speak to the manager on duty and get the owner's name.)
I would say "I know you aware of what happened to me the other night and I just wanted to say that I feel I was treated very badly." (Because that IS how you feel.)
(This is also when you will find out that the owner wasn't told anything. Review the facts with her/him.)

Explain that the reason for your visit today is out of your concern for others that might be eating under other unanchored decorations. Suppose, for example, that thing had hit a four year child on the head?

Tell him/her that you expect that, by now, all such decorations have been secured, but, to insure that, you are going to file a complaint with both the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Health.

Accept his/her apology and the offer to, finally, comp your meal and whatever else is offered THEN file the complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Dept of Health anyway.

Again, think about what would have happened if that statue had struck a child in the head!
There is absolutely no excuse for such carelessness.

Joe(None whatsoever)Nation
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:49 am

Don 't let any more statues fall on u.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:14 am
I'll let the owner know what I think regarding loose statues and carelessness but I don't care anything about freebies. I'm just not that kind of bear. Now if a statue had hit me in the head at Thee Doll House... I might accept some comp time in the Champagne room...
alex240101

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:31 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
For what it is worth,..and this is a true story. I was at a Mexican restaurant years ago,...and while I was eating my chicken enchilada,..I found a long, sharp dangerous chicken bone. (Two to three inches in length) I took it up to the manager, expressing concern. The next day the owner called me, and gave me free eats for the entire month. True story.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:16 pm
Hey, turn down the freebies if you want to, but help the rest of us who don't wear hard hats at the dinner table.

I have more than one story of finding things in food that don't belong including a piece of broken wine glass and a finger tip of a white rubber glove.

I accepted the comp'ed entries in each case.

Joe(and never went back. It was the SAME place.)Nation
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:38 pm
@Joe Nation,
At a restaurant in NYC, my date (Many years ago and the restaurant's name started with MAMA LEO...), she was served a roach in her alfredo. I saw the critter and called it to her attention
"WAITER, was the next thing out of my mouth"

The reason we were given made no sense (HOW could there be any reason for a roach in your bisghetti?) They wanbted to give us another meal but we declined and left quietly. The Gabones in the wait staff looked tougher than me so no scenes were in order.

Nobody ate any roaches and all we had was an antipasto and two martinis each. We went to a deli , ate and then went back to the hotel for some dessert.
0 Replies