I'm Not the Litigious Type But

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 10:37 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I can see. Your spelling is so poor Id think that youve been whacked on the bean. What the **** are you doin sitting around wasting the hospita;s time. Can you see straight? Anmry trible sin spellining inging?

Vletst hne liumbaks nolo vingatcha
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 12:26 pm

I think you should call the restaurant and speak to the owner. Tell him what happened and that you want to have a doctor take a look at the injury to determine if there is any serious damage. Ask the owner if he will pay for any medical treatment you receive if you bring him the receipts. Most businesses live in fear of customers having accidents. Most business owners would rather just hand you some cash to cover your expenses than deal with their insurance company.

I think going to an emergency room is too extreme in this case. As soon as an emergency room sees you have insurance they will do everything they can think of to run up a nice fat bill - which might lead to an increase in your premiums.Go and see your GP or visit a local clinic for their opinion. It will be cheaper for all involved and less time consuming for you. Get well soon.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 12:35 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Even if you don't want to sue ... you should rule out a minor concussion. Go to a doctor, s'il vous plait.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 12:57 pm

Res ipsa loquitur (literally: the thing speaks for itself)
is the rule of law that an injury is due to the defendant's
negligence when that which caused it was under his control
or management and the injury would not have happened
had proper management been observed.

1. Go to an emergency room ex post haste.

2. Take pictures of scarring.

3. Get thee to a North Carolina negligence attorney,
whose services u will (presumably) engage on a contingency fee retainer.

4. Collect free money.

David
dyslexia

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 01:05 pm
bear is feeling nasty, so it goes.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 01:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
4. Collect free money.

No it is not free money. It is why liability insurance rates are so high. The cost gets added into everything you buy - including tacos, socks, cans of peas and bullets.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 02:00 pm
@Green Witch,

The Bear will collect free money.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 03:42 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Seriously, this is exactly right. Statues are not supposed to fall on people. This one fell on you. You were injured. They should be covering every part of your medical bills without hesitation. Anything else kind of depends on circumstances.

Get to a doctor or hospital right now. If you approach this restaurant in a couple of weeks, you might get nothing but an innocently blank look. "Statue? We ain't got not freakin' statues?" Do not worry about "free money". Worry about being made whole, including any medical expenses. You could be permanently impared, and not know for sure for weeks, by which time you might have given away your claim.

Right now, you may even find witnesses. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you can at least prove you were there. Remember, they may take the low road, and not only deny liability, they might also deny the facts.
Ceili

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 03:53 pm
I hope you're ok Bear. A knock on the head can be scary business. I'd follow the advice of the crowd. I hope you've already been to the docs by now.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 03:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Res ipsa loquitur (literally: the thing speaks for itself)
is the rule of law that an injury is due to the defendant's
negligence when that which caused it was under his control
or management and the injury would not have happened
had proper management been observed.

1. Go to an emergency room ex post haste.

2. Take pictures of scarring.

3. Get thee to a North Carolina negligence attorney,
whose services u will (presumably) engage on a contingency fee retainer.

4. Collect free money.

5. Become part of the problem, rather than part of the solution. Welcome to the dark side... They've been waiting for you. (Mwah hah hah, and all that.)

Sorry about your noggin, btw. I hope it didn't injure your luxurious locks.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 04:02 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
No it is not free money. It is why liability insurance rates are so high. The cost gets added into everything you buy - including tacos, socks, cans of peas and bullets.

The job of an insurance company is to take your money and then fight you when you want to get some back. Ive no love for insurance companies because of the above real statement.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:22 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You could be permanently impared...

Whaddya mean "could"?

Sorry about your head and this whole hassle for you, Bear. I'm with everyone else. Who knows what could happen down the road? You could become blind as a bat, develop a brain tumour, start walking funny (er), develop a third personality, start singing opera... the possibilities are endless and horrible ...and then where would Shelley be?

Rocky - Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:27 pm
I slept all day. I feel better Not 100% but I'm betting I will tomorrow because I'm still sleepy but I'll be rested in the am.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:33 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Being sleepy is not what you want to feel when you suspect a possible concussion.
Quote:
How do you know you have a concussion?
You cannot be absolutely sure you have a concussion until a physician examines you and a computerized axial tomography (CAT) scan or a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), a scan that shows the bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments, is completed and viewed. After a head injury, you should watch for signs and symptoms of a concussion and let your physician know what you have experienced. Your brain is as unique as you are and no two injuries are exactly alike; therefore, you can experience a variety of symptoms after a head injury. Some signs and symptoms of a concussion are a headache that does not go away easily or is more severe than normal, a stiff neck, nausea and vomiting, confusion that does not improve or gets worse, difficulty walking and using your arms, difficulty talking, and unusual sleepiness. Usually, you will not lose consciousness; however, loss of consciousness often means you sustained a more serious head injury.

Immediately after you injure your head, you may feel dizzy or confused and your head will probably hurt. A bruise or bump can appear very quickly and you may feel nauseated. Your vision may be blurred and you may not remember exactly what happened. If the symptoms of a concussion do not last very long, it does not mean you are uninjured. Some symptoms appear right away, while others do not show up for days or weeks after the injury.

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
It’s perfectly all right for you to go to sleep as long as a responsible person wakes you up every two hours to be sure you are easy to wake. You should be able to recognize this person and tell then such things as your birthday, age, and telephone number

Quote:
What should I watch for?
If the following symptoms develop, obtain medical assistance:
• Vomiting more than twice
• Severe headache that won’t ease up or go away, even after a dose of acetaminophen
• Confusion
• Restlessness or irritability
• Pupils of different sizes
• Convulsions or seizures
• Trouble using arms or legs
• Temperature above 100.5F
• Very stiff neck
• Garbled speech
• Bleeding from the nose or ears
• Unusual sleepiness or decreased alertness
Is it okay to sleep?
You might become sleepy after a concussion. This sleepiness may be caused by the activity that caused you to get the concussion or it may be caused by the concussion itself. It’s perfectly all right for you to go to sleep as long as a responsible person wakes you up every two hours to be sure you are easy to wake. You should be able to recognize this person and tell then such things as your birthday, age, and telephone number. If you can’t be easily awakened or don’t answer the questions correctly, the person should seek medical attention.
How long should I be observed?
You should be observed (watched) for 24 hours. Most serious problems showed up on the first 24 hours after the concussion.

http://www.sa.psu.edu/uhs/pdf/HeadInjuriesUHS.pdf
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:37 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I slept all day.

this is not good.

I don't care what you do about the restaurant, but I do care what you do about you. At least call the info in to a medical emergency line (do they have them there? we've got 'em here) for advice.

Given the differences in the U.S/Canajun med and legal systems, I would probably recommend putting a call in to a lawyer for advice on Monday. Definitely get photos.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:44 pm

Bear:
It will help your case if u don 't let too much time pass b4
u go for medical assistance. Go to an E.R. or to a private M.D. a.s.a.p.

David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:29 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
I slept all day. I feel better Not 100% but I'm betting I will tomorrow because I'm still sleepy but I'll be rested in the am.
YOURE NOT MAKING SENSE ASSHOLE> GET YOUR SKINNY ASS TO A HOSPITAL!! You can get a stroke from a blood pool due to a concussion. CMON . Listen to the people dipshit!.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:30 pm
@farmerman,
Somebody in the news a few months back bumped their head, but was perfectly fine they thought. Only hours later: dead.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:39 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

last night at a local restaurant a statue fell of the shelf above me and busted my head pretty efficiently over my left eye. I have felt woozy and nasty ever since. Can't sleep . The cheap bastards didn't even comp my dinner. People are advising me to see a doctor and a lawyer.

What do you think? Seriously?
Typically, you'll be offered triple your medical expenses relatively quickly if you pursue it. Beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick... or another statue dropped on your head.
0 Replies